Sign in to follow this  
Whiteaster

More changes: "Look out for your redesigned dashboard, launching soon"

This is great, really great...

totally unimportant, irrelevant and static information is BIG and located on the top position on page, I'm talking about information about "Profile strength", and the interactive MAP, the best thing on all SS, is small and located on the bottom of the page where you do not see it.

Same thing with Additional Resources (actually, who need this) and announcements, how you going to announce something on the bottom of the page??

Unpaid Earnings twice on page...

And the biggest problem here is that I am not surprised with this at all.

Really Shutterstock, is this your best?

I quite enjoy it, but still trying to figure out how to read the locations in the map without accidentally clicking and opening the image in a new tab.

As the images pop up, their location is displayed momentarily at the bottom. They don't have space to show you eight locations at the same time.

One thing that seems obvious to me that they're missing is an area on the dashboard for the current day statistics: how many DLs and for how much $.

But overall - looks good.

So when are we getting a feedback button to tell our opinion about the new layout?

Also, it would be nice to be able to remove some elements that are distracting, and move others that you don't want located where they are now.

Having total earnings and DLs in huge number in a prominent spot on the page is NOTTTTTTTTTTTT helpful. That info could be somewhere in a corner, in smaller size. It's not relevant at all, or needed to be seen. What's important is what the earnings are TODAY.

Also, I DO NOT enjoy seeing other people's pics on my landing page (the "additional resources" with their links). IF they need to be on that page, they need to be WAY DOWN, out of sight. The only thing I need and want on my landing page/ dashboard is MY images and videos. Others are NOT welcome.

Also, I don't need my 5 top performers featured there -  I KNOW what my best pics are without that info.

Sorry, it's not an improvement as far as I'm concerned. It's distracting at best.

It would have been nice if SS would have asked for some input here on the forums (and not from some elite focus group). I would have appreciated that from a company that specializes in the tech and communication fields

It would have been nice if SS would have asked for some input here on the forums (and not from some elite focus group). I would have appreciated that from a company that specializes in the tech and communication fields

Exactly.

Irrelevant information needs to be somewhere else.

Number of rejections is so irrelevant it should never be on the dashboard.

Other people's pics are utterly irrelevant - this is MY personal space, not a showcase for other people's work. Links to articles are fine, BUT they need to be way down on the bottom, not in the "prime info" area.

Really, SS just couldn't ask us for our opinions? Ever heard of COMMUNICATION?

Seems messy. There's stuff I don't care about in full view (why do I need to see my profile pic ffs?) and stuff I would like to see is buried. Pointless changes rather than fixing things that are broken.

Also - they could at least make the statement "unpaid earnings" correct. As of right now my "unpaid earnings" would also include all of January! (I think they might have been looking for the phrase "month to date"?) -_-

Well I solved the issue of not liking the new contributor page - I've bookmarked the Earnings page - still a distasteful format but less so than the new contributor page to me.

I like (almost) the new dashboard but I would like to see the map at the top and the rest cleaned up.

I made some changes but for some reason I can't upload it to the main thread so I put it here. I marked the widgets that I moved with a red star.

post-1375761-0-53415000-1486683740_thumb.jpg

What do you think?

I think the images with the links on the left can go away. Like Sari, I'd rather not see other peoples images on my personal page. And the thumbnails for images in queue needs to be returned. And you can't click on the total on the right anymore to get to the earnings page. You have to click on a link in the drop down box on the left.

I think the images with the links on the left can go away. Like Sari, I'd rather not see other peoples images on my personal page. And the thumbnails for images in queue needs to be returned. And you can't click on the total on the right anymore to get to the earnings page. You have to click on a link in the drop down box on the left.

If you mean the blog images, I totally agree with you. I think they took the idea of the top 5 performers from 123 but it is totally useless as long as an image with one download that by accident got an EL is a better performer than other images with many subs, not for me.

Well I solved the issue of not liking the new contributor page - I've bookmarked the Earnings page - still a distasteful format but less so than the new contributor page to me.

Great idea! Done! 

Not a fan of the new dash for reasons previously mentioned by others but my gripe is I cannot easily see how my newest uploads are selling. I don't need to know my top 5 performers and it was easy enough before to see which are my best sellers. SS - please bring back the list of images in order of newest to oldest uploads with their sales figures and keywords searched on!

If you mean the blog images, I totally agree with you. I think they took the idea of the top 5 performers from 123 but it is totally useless as long as an image with one download that by accident got an EL is a better performer than other images with many subs, not for me.

You used to be able to click to sort by number of downloads vs dollar sales. I've have the same thing where one image has had a few good SOD's and an EL so it's ranked pretty high compared to others with 10X or more the number of actual downloads. 

Thanks for the suggestion, I did the same. What a relief. I'll be missing the old map, but it's a small price to pay. The heck with it. 

And if you add Deymos' script to it, you can have all of the downloads on one page, AND you can sort them as you wish - by ID, by earnings, or by number of DLs. It's awesome!

On the home page, it indicates that I have one image pending. Though when I go to "Batches Pending Approval", there are two photos in there. Strange.

Trying to rearrange and get rid of the stuff I don't want to see on the dashboard  - I get so far then the map which I put at the top disappears and other sections shoot up beyond the top of the screen so I can't click the 'click here to move this item' button...so I can't get them back.....so I have to start again. Or give up.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong please?