Kate Shutterstock

Refreshed Earnings Pages Coming Soon

YYYY/MM/DD is not a compromise - it is the most organiged sequence for any files or data. In clear chronological order - no matter of origin or ethnicicty. This is just the most convenient way to follow the timeline :-)

Agree. YYYY/MM/DD is the ISO 8601 international standard. But of course not everybody follows the standard.

The only mention of a meeting is by you on page 4 of this thread on Feb. 2nd and you say the meeting took place the week before on Jan. 29-30. Nothing from SS on a meeting. Kate posted on Jan. 31 on the changes. Do you still think contributors had anything to say about the changes? Do you think SS implemented the changes in one day?  :)

Meeting took place Jan 26-27 before the changes took place on the site and no it was not announced here it was for a chosen few I being but one of them but never signed up in time so I did not participate but do know about it.

My post was Feb2nd and one week before that as I stated was Jan 26-27, might want to recheck your numbers.

Kate posted about this change that happened on the 31st if January, a Tuesday after the meetings took place.

Started by Kate Shutterstock, Jan 31

Hello Barry,

Thank you for contributing content to Shutterstock's wonderful collection of images, footage, and music. Because of your contributions, we want to talk to you about your experience working with Shutterstock.

At the end of this week, we will be conducting a series of research sessions to better understand the contributor experience as well as share new concepts that we're working on for the contributor site. We would love to get your feedback!

I do not like this new design. Please return the previous. It was better. This one is 10000% worse. Makes me not check what sells!!!!

Why spend time making things worse?

Hello guys!

New design seems absolutely unusable. It was awesome to see pics sorted by upload date and analyze sales of recently uploaded materials. Now it is just impossible. Thanks a lot. More than 20 clicks to check sales. Thanks a lot. 

Meeting took place Jan 26-27 before the changes took place on the site and no it was not announced here it was for a chosen few I being but one of them but never signed up in time so I did not participate but do know about it.

My post was Feb2nd and one week before that as I stated was Jan 26-27, might want to recheck your numbers.

Kate posted about this change that happened on the 31st if January, a Tuesday after the meetings took place.

Started by Kate Shutterstock, Jan 31

I read it very well in your previous post, thank you.

Perhaps they should make those changes for chosen ones then.

Just out of interest... I'm only wondering how exactly they are choosing the chosen contributors who suppose to represent the rest...

There's an idea.

To send an email to all contributors with one question 'What do you think about our new Refreshed Earning Page?' and two buttons LIKE or DISLIKE

That's it. Simple.

That is what I call 'checked with contributors.'  <_<  :) 

There's an idea.

To send an email to all contributors with one question 'What do you think about our new Refreshed Earning Page?' and two buttons LIKE or DISLIKE

That's it. Simple.

That is what I call 'checked with contributors.'  <_<  :)

And while they're at it, they could add 'New Pricing Plans for Customers' and two buttons LIKE or DISLIKE, in that same email, right?

You infringe on their Contribuitor sales analysis. Now it is not possible to understand any photos of new content are sold and which are not, to work on new ideas or continue with the old. Shutterstock had the most comfortable and practical form of viewing sales, and now it has become like all the cheap microstock. And the most INSULTING that of the 15 thousand people who watched this discussion, only 240 took the trouble to write a review. It is very STRANGE and difficult to understand what is the opinion of the updates Shutterstock is better or more comfortable than it was before, because on looking for is only became WORSEEEEEEEE . 

Please please go back to the old interface...

This is a clear example of how to ruin something that already works fine instead of dealing with the numerous bug on ss like the images disappearing for a lot after approval...

Why should I have to browse to 4 , 5 more pages just to see my daily sales?

Now i cannot see the sales of new images...

So disappointed...

Lol, while we talking, how bad is new interface and how to use a link to old page, SS killed it totally! Just awesome!  :angry:

This means that they will not listen us un keep this nightmare

In my opinion new month summary page is ok but date stats are complete disaster.

BIG BIG BIG mistake with that new daily earnings page.

If someone has 50 - 200 DLs or more daily then:

1. your servers will be hit much more. New desing needs 10 - 20 clicks to see all DLs for a day instead of 1 click

2. Contributor will be frustrated cos of having to click so much.

3. Contributor CAN NOT see how much new images sell - all is mixed now.

4. Contributor DOES NOT care on what time of a day what image sell(wtf?!)

5. Hardly to see numbers in tabs at the top.

6. LESS images on one screen because it is only one in the line(2 before), WHY? There is not a lot of info for an image.

7. Contributors DO NOT need changes on that pages. Did we asked for that? We ask for fixing bugs and not generating the new ones...

WHO designed that??

VERY VERY VERY dissapointed.

I Agree, especially with number 3, it was a great insight to see how my new images were doing (this helped me to see if I should continue with that theme or just drop it) now I feel like I'm flying solo with choosing my topics and just pray that they will sell.

I hate this continuing trend for white space and minimal text, this 'update' is a mess. At the very least get rid of the US$ and separate the all time and daily totals from the individual days. The old page was much better and should be reinstated.

Do old daily stats links work for you guys? They worked yesterday :( Now they seem to be empty...

https://submit.shutterstock.com/stats_date.mhtml?date=2017-02-05

They redirect to https://submit.shutterstock.com/earnings/daily?date=2017-02-05- they just rewrite "stats_date.html" from the address to "earnings/daily" - and they get an empty page cause they can't display info without additional parameters for which they don't have defaults.

the level of amateurism is astonishing. 

I have a feeling that all stock sites conspired to make a "every day demotivation" action :unsure::(

Please! Change everything back!

I can't speak for everyone but I don't need separated pages for each type of sales and 20 images on page! 10 clicks instead one! Is it a usability?

And about new announced screen - does anyone really need to see All time earnings BIG on the first page??? Hey guys who works for Shutterstock! Are you really have the total of your salary fullscreen on your desktop???

18ZobV39l.png

I have a feeling that all stock sites conspired to make a "every day demotivation" action :unsure::(

Please! Change everything back!

I can't speak for everyone but I don't need separated pages for each type of sales and 20 images on page! 10 clicks instead one! Is it a usability?

And about new announced screen - does anyone really need to see All time earnings BIG on the first page??? Hey guys who works for Shutterstock! Are you really have the total of your salary on your desktop with BIG letters???

Lol, my face will be on the top of the page, yay! I will not forget, how I look anymore! Wait, I have a logo on userpic... They just turned everything upside down! I will have to look this page from bottom to the top!

PUT! THE! MAP! BACK!