This could be old news for some of you but I am glad to see that keyword phrases are not broken up any more upon upload. I noticed it some time ago but I had no courage to jubilate until I saw it happen again.

I hope this is a permanent fix.

Yes I noticed this also?

But now HITH did they figure out how to fix it?

Easily over 6yrs of broken up phrases fixed?

This could be old news for some of you but I am glad to see that keyword phrases are not broken up any more upon upload. I noticed it some time ago but I had no courage to jubilate until I saw it happen again.

I hope this is a permanent fix.

Yes, this is a step in the right direction. But searching with phrases or single keyword give exactly the same results in both cases. Searching with quotes has been absolutely useless for years. If you search "bracket fungi" as you have in your latest image as a phrase, or bracket fungi as single keywords you will get the same results even if a lot of pictures don't have the phrase. As a matter of fact, when you do the search, look under NEW (yours are the first two) and the third one doesn't even have the word bracket in a single word, it has it in a phrase as "smoky bracket". Maybe they will fix it next in 4 or 5 years :)  

Yes, this is a step in the right direction. But searching with phrases or single keyword give exactly the same results in both cases. Searching with quotes has been absolutely useless for years. If you search "bracket fungi" as you have in your latest image as a phrase, or bracket fungi as single keywords you will get the same results even if a lot of pictures don't have the phrase. As a matter of fact, when you do the search, look under NEW (yours are the first two) and the third one doesn't even have the word bracket in a single word, it has it in a phrase as "smoky bracket". Maybe they will fix it next in 4 or 5 years :)  

Yes, you are right, the search engine picks up single words. Maybe it is still good for Latin names of flora, fauna, etc.

I also see a good result when searching for "fast food", "street food" except that the search engine prioritizes some (branded) older images on the "New" search tab: the first 6 (identical) images of a McDonalds plastic cup uploaded in october 2016 are shown first, before all 2017 new images.

Does brand count too for search engines?

There are many cases where phrases will narrow down a buyers search so they wont have to search through millions of irrelevant images to find what they are looking for.

I could never find one. Do you have any example of a case where the search is different with a phrase than with single words in the same order as the phrase? 

I could never find one. Do you have any example of a case where the search is different with a phrase than with single words in the same order as the phrase? 

Yeah some of it if I remember right is somewhere on here back in one of the spamming posts but SS deleted some of that and I am not sure if it is still there or not?

I will see if I can find one or two as I get some time.