Hi guys,

I'm relatively new and this question has been on my mind for some time now and I found no clear answer on the blog or here, so I finally gathered the courage to ask: what category do you use for conceptual images?

What I mean is, let's say the image below, apart from obvious objects visible it is supposed to symbolize problems with drugs or diet pills, etc.

One category would be "Food and drink". What else? How do you deal with that? You think a separate category would be a good idea?

Thanks in advance for no backlash. ;)

stock-photo-pills-on-a-plate-in-form-of-

drug problem to me is healthcare / medical or whatever the name of that category is… 

sometimes i find it very hard to choose a category as well. i usually go for the closest one describing the physical (not conceptual) subject matter and then a miscellaneous, or the next closest one. 

but don't try to fit an image into a category it doesn't really belong in because its rare, but I've seen an image get rejected for category, and nothing seems stupider in my mind than that, considering the categories hardly do anything.. 

Are also known as what?

Hint hint!

One of my colleagues claims that the conceptual image depicts a monkey. Thus the only appropriate category for conceptual images is 'Animals\Wildlife'  :)

Haha, ok, Barry, Daemys. I get it.

but don't try to fit an image into a category it doesn't really belong in because its rare, but I've seen an image get rejected for category, and nothing seems stupider in my mind than that, considering the categories hardly do anything.. 

A few times I was unsure and feeling it may happen, but didn't. You're right about the last bit. I put myself in the position of a buyer and depending on the situation - searching by category would be the last thing I'd do.

It's not always a clear fit with many images. You just have to go with the best you can do.

I'll do just that. In case I stumble upon a photo that I cannot fit anywhere, I'll come back to you. ;)

Thanks for comments.

One of my colleagues claims that the conceptual image depicts a monkey. Thus the only appropriate category for conceptual images is 'Animals\Wildlife'  :)