Kate Shutterstock

Site Update - Changes to Shutterstock’s Search Results Pages

are these changes why I can't view the whole contributor page only a small window of it but can't scroll across to see rest of page....anyone else having this problem?

I think it is not related. But I have the same problem, and I am also curious why it happens...

Kate, i don't know you read this post but can you please tell us when Shutterstock do something about the Spam tittle keywords? You can find them on every page.

Trying to find proper categories for my images is quite challenging.  Most are barely relevant.  I  have mostly flowers & landscapes so "nature" & "outdoors" are the only sort of close choices.  Any chance of adding more choices?

Tracey Vivar

Does anyone noticed an increase in selling new content? Since this summer no new images sell. From a batch of 200 images submitted this week two images were downloaded. This is quite discouraging.

Like everyone new downloads are slow - I have also been uploading regularly for the past month or so totalling approx 150 images.  Of these I have had 5 downloads, I think it takes a while for buyers to see them and of course if they want what we've got.

Hopefully new downloads will eventually be seen!

I have seen no sales at all after the change,

I don`t know what kind of new technology u implemented, but my selling are disappeared drasticly. Pls do something or get back to the old technology.

You both have great images but this change is clearly hurting newer contributors the most. Popular images have seen an increase in sales whilst new images have decreased but there is very little chance for new images to get popular now since the number of uploads means they get knocked far down the new results pages in a matter of days.

I'd say easily 20% of new images used to see at least one sale in the first week, then slump for a bit before building up enough sales to start seeing sales due to popularity. Now it's maybe 1% with many only seeing their first sale months later and that is going to make a lot of the new contributors SS has tried so hard to bring in disappear as quickly as they showed up.

If SS truly wants this insane rate of expansion to continue they need to bring back a functional (spam-free) undiscovered search so images with few or no sales that didn't get a chance whilst new still actually have a reasonable chance to gain some popularity. The quality of images in the new results has fallen due to the 1/10 approval change and seemingly automated reviews, popular images are basically just cycling order through the first ten pages of images with little new stuff appearing and best match is useless due to spam. When buyers are faced with combing through poor images, seeing the same images they saw last month or being bombarded with spam they are likely to go elsewhere. Hopefully SS will finally address the issues when they start losing subscriptions.