Yuriy Chertok

New images are not selling

This explain very well why only some old and most popular pics are selling. I think my regular buyers used to search my new uploads by  the name filter.

Same here. Not only new images im uploading basically doesn't sell, but also my regular buyer(s) are bye-bye, gone. I have small port, and no followers, but i did have same ip buying from me regulary.  Not any more...so, my question is whether to upload at all and how often they do this algorythm changes??

Same here. Not only new images im uploading basically doesn't sell, but also my regular buyer(s) are bye-bye, gone. I have small port, and no followers, but i did have same ip buying from me regulary.  Not any more...so, my question is whether to upload at all and how often they do this algorythm changes??

+1

Since August new content doesn't sell at ALL :( Now I just stop uploading new pictures, hope for the best and waiting for fix this. Old pictures sells well, 150-200 images in a day.

My refferals - new authors have 0 - because all of their pictures are new ( they did'n want to work with Shutterstock.

just a weird observation about the subject of this topic: most of my sales are images with 8 digit IDs which means pretty old (before 05.2012). 

How can you see the IP of your buyers and how you know who is your regular buyer? It seems I am missing something here...

New pics  are selling but not as fast as before...

However I am quite content because  overall photos of mine are selling no matter if they are old or new I think it is an interesting algorithm search and seems to be quite efficient. Old and not discovered begun selling again better than in the past.

I've also observed that an image needs to sell around 20 times to pop up in searches and continue selling better and better...

But my portfolio is little so maybe it is different for big portfolios...?

How can you see the IP of your buyers and how you know who is your regular buyer? It seems I am missing something here...

Well u can't see actual ip address but you can see clearly that every second image is taken from exact same spot on the map, images are just covering each other on that spot. So, im not an expert and i know that it is not 100% accurate, but it is (WAS) pretty good sign someone is buying from me regularly. The other thing, regarding most recent search-i just checked one of images accepted yesterday. It is covered, better to say buried, on 4th page of 'most recent', under tons of images that are completely off topic. I even checked some of those pics on first 3 pages for keywords, and guess what, keywords i searched for are not on those pics. So, i dont understand new changes and algorithm, i have no idea how 3 pages of turtles, bears, kittens and pregnants can appear when i look for toddler and how that can improve sales, all i know is that i had a very nice start here and ss is not very kind towards me right now  :unsure:

Well u can't see actual ip address but you can see clearly that every second image is taken from exact same spot on the map, images are just covering each other on that spot. So, im not an expert and i know that it is not 100% accurate, but it is (WAS) pretty good sign someone is buying from me regularly. The other thing, regarding most recent search-i just checked one of images accepted yesterday. It is covered, better to say buried, on 4th page of 'most recent', under tons of images that are completely off topic. I even checked some of those pics on first 3 pages for keywords, and guess what, keywords i searched for are not on those pics. So, i dont understand new changes and algorithm, i have no idea how 3 pages of turtles, bears, kittens and pregnants can appear when i look for toddler and how that can improve sales, all i know is that i had a very nice start here and ss is not very kind towards me right now  :unsure:

Precisely, and  very observant of you !

Yes, we know we have a faithful client when we see on our map (WHEN IT WAS WORKING) the repetitive downloads we get

from our new works as soon as it goes on the www.

For this reason, and for the other fact that our best sellers record an almost daily download , regardless of the marketplace

trend, we know something is VERY VERY WRONG when our earning reports four or five days in a row

zero zero zero zero zero.

Something is very very very wrong with Shutterstock , and I do not believe that Mr. Oringer is even aware of it.

I firmly dispute the person who PM'ed me in response to my comment at Alex's thread

the other day, that Mr. Oringer reads the forum.

If Mr. Oringer does in fact read this forum, he would have raised a red flag the instance when he reads the growing

pages of complaints of disappearing portfolios, map gone wrong, missing images, (the list is endless here, and still

growing), and we the contributors would have seen the intervention of Mr. Oringer

a long time before all these incompetence have cumulatively reach this shameful point

where things going wrong is a norm to the extent that we no longer recognize Shutterstock

as a respectable , well-managed  stock agency;

what was once the #1 upright microstock agency, justifably the unbeaten .

All that has changed. Shame!

There's nobody listening to us anymore, tho. 
Jane Rix, who's been a well-known contributor to Shutterstock for a *load* of years , recently started a thread which was aiming at nothing than finally getting *any* answer from SS. But no one ever got back to her ever since. And nobody got back to the rest of us, either. I'm just tired of all of this.

i am very disappointed there hasn't been a sale this month. i am not a professional contributor, however i have my ~10 sales every month and i started to become better and developed some bestsellers..until this september. no sales anymore :( 

The main reason of new content bad sales is a simple fail of Shutterstock UX Designers, which are simply placed the option "Most Recent" in dropdown, instead of earlier "New" button at the top of search panel. The most users from all over the world can't find this option at ones. Shutterstock user interface design is good, but, one simple change ..., and the buyers simply do not have guessed, where to find the NEW content sorting option.

Wish you good sales.  :)

The main reason of new content bad sales is a simple fail of Shutterstock UX Designers, which are simply placed the option "Most Recent" in dropdown, instead of earlier "New" button at the top of search panel. The most users from all over the world can't find this option at ones. Shutterstock user interface design is good, but, one simple change ..., and the buyers simply do not have guessed, where to find the NEW content sorting option.

I completely agree with you.

OMG  :o

I'm one of the new contributors who got accepted on the one out of ten exam. I guess I got in easy but hope my pictures speak for themselves. Since joining I have been going through old stock and have another 14 uploads accepted out of 30 sent in. I think the one thing that might improve more uploads could be variety. I take at least three different subjects for upload at a time - seashore, texture/background, and ancient architecture. Maybe diversity is the answer to lack of sales. It certainly gives Joe Public and Business more chance of picking something up from your port folios. Wishing everyone a good month and thanking SS for at least giving me a platform for my work. Cheers. 

Wish you good sales. :)

Maybe it was done deliberately in order to sell the old and very old content.