Sign in to follow this  
robbinsbox

Zero Portfolio Views and Social Media-phobic:)

Hello

I seem to be having trouble getting exposure for my budding portfolio. I have tried some social media sites. This morning i signed up to LinkedIn but cancelled the account after a few hours of Contact Avalanche. Not on Facebook but I am liking the impersonal nature of Pinterest.

Any pointers would be appreciated. My portfolio is not really mature yet but would like to lay some groundwork.

Many Thanks

Portfolio views are not an indication of much anything worth measuring.

Just make sure your images and keywords for them are great. Buyers won't go to individual port for the most part to find an image, they use the search. This is where good pics and better than adequate keywords come in to play.

Example - I have zero portfolio views for the last week, and I have 4000 images and footage clips. Sales are constant.

Social media links don't really seem to generate much in sales either from what I've seen. And as Sari mentioned, port views don't mean anything. I have not had any port views for a few weeks now and my sales are still about the same as well.

One thing you might want to do is revisit your keywords. If you look at images similar to yours, there are twice as many keywords on their images as on yours. Customers find the images based on keywords so the more relevant ones you have, the more likely you are to generate more sales.

On a slightly different note to this.

I went to Ebay yesterday and logged in - at the top of the page was an advert for SS and within the photo's that were shown were 2 of mine - Great ....BUT......  Is this just a lucky coincidence - or is it because of cookies / email address etc....

Just curious really !

On a slightly different note to this.

I went to Ebay yesterday and logged in - at the top of the page was an advert for SS and within the photo's that were shown were 2 of mine - Great ....BUT......  Is this just a lucky coincidence - or is it because of cookies / email address etc....

Just curious really !

AdSense - they collect data from your search and browsing history as well as cookies and show you adverts they think you'll like or are relevant to you. I bet lots SS contributors have come across their own images in the advertising banners, I know I have :)

AdSense - they collect data from your search and browsing history as well as cookies and show you adverts they think you'll like or are relevant to you. I bet lots SS contributors have come across their own images in the advertising banners, I know I have :)

Thanks for that - I thought it was something like that - but a girl can dream :rolleyes:

And thanks Sheila for taking a look at the keywords. I am actually trying to reduce the number of keywords, just leaving the strictly relevant. I am doing this on the non-sellers, too early to tell if there is improvement.

I read the advice in an article, by a DT keymaster and thought to experiment. Actually while reworking keywords, most usefully, I noticed many important misspellings in titles, keywords etc. Just say if you would like me to write the name of the article.