Hello,

We are excited to announce the release of our Advanced Keyword Suggestion Tool for iPhone. This new tool makes it quick and easy to add keywords to your images when submitting via iPhone. The feature makes use of our computer vision technology to find images that are visually similar to the one you are submitting, and suggest relevant and previously-successful keywords for you to choose from.

The keyword suggestion tool is simple to use. After you upload your images, navigate to the Edit screen. When you click in the Keywords section, the suggestions will automatically appear. Review the suggestions, select the ones that apply by simply tapping, and then add any additional keywords to fill in the gaps.

kw_suggest-33.png

Available now on the iPhone and iPad. Coming soon to the the Android app.

Michael Petry

Product Owner, Mobile, Shutterstock

kw_suggest-33.png

Hello,

We are excited to announce the release of our Advanced Keyword Suggestion Tool for iPhone. This new tool makes it quick and easy to add keywords to your images when submitting via iPhone. The feature makes use of our computer vision technology to find images that are visually similar to the one you are submitting, and suggest relevant and previously-successful keywords for you to choose from.

The keyword suggestion tool is simple to use. After you upload your images, navigate to the Edit screen. When you click in the Keywords section, the suggestions will automatically appear. Review the suggestions, select the ones that apply by simply tapping, and then add any additional keywords to fill in the gaps.

Available now on the iPhone and iPad. Coming soon to the the Android app.

Michael Petry

Product Owner, Mobile, Shutterstock

Thank you News The development potential and hopefully this will cover Android in the near future.

What’s the point to be honest? The app just sends it to the online submission anyway. Why would I spend double the time key wording image for image using a tiny touch screen keyboard when I can easily copy paste using my desktop one, doing 40 at a time instead of 6?

The only benefit I really saw with the app was tracking your sales with notifications. Notification have been broken for ages now and for some unknown reason you haven’t addressed it? 

Secondly, I assumed that the app differentiated hi-res dslr images for print from the lower end phone, drone and action camera images. 

This is, clearly not to your knowledge a vital feature, when it really is.

These devices use tiny camera sensors, they WILL NEVER BE as good quality as a dslr, so how can you review then under the same circumstances? Yet your submission and review system still puts them all in the same pool.

There is no way phone photos will get accepted as your reviewers already crap their pants about noise and focus that doesn't exist on my D800 and 14-24mm in order to meet their accept vs. denied ratio numbers, which is sad in its own right. 

So when they see a camera pic, not knowing what it was shot on, do you REALLY think they are going to approve it without me having to play the reviewers submission roulette wheel over and over, wasting both my time, my internet data and your reviewers time, all to get to the same point. Yes I can resubmit the pic over and over in hopes that it gets to a reviewer in good mood, but WHY?

Why make it difficult for everyone? Why not make two platforms, one for high end dslr images (targeting customers wanting hi-res large format printing – as it is now) and one for lower end phone, drone and action cameras (targeting web and small media print uses such as pamphlets and flyers) Many travel agencies only use web formats anyway. A 2500px image with some noise is really no issue when scaled down to 1000px on a web page.

Simply differentiate the two in your submission page so that the reviewers know and put on your website that this is a smaller sensor image. really that simple. Focusing effort in making your keyboarding better is pointless when the real issue is your review limitations

But again talking sense to SS is like talking to a brick wall……… sigh

• 4 weeks later...