Sign in to follow this  
Michael Shutterstock

New Features for Shutterstock Contributor Android App

Hello,

We are pleased to announce a significant update to our Android Contributor app. Shutterstock Contributor version 1.4 is now available in the Google Play store. This update focuses on the upload and submit experience in the app. We hope that these enhancements will make it easier than ever for you to submit your photos directly from the app and benefit from an improved submission flow.

You can now edit your images in batches and zoom in to see the details before you submit for review. This means you can edit multiple submissions at once rather than one image at a time.  We also improved the keywording entry interface with a preview image, and now you can enter multiple keywords simply separated by a comma or paste them in all at once.

We strive to give you the best experience with this app - If you have suggestions, additional feature requests or want to report an issue, write to us at submit@shutterstock.com or visit the “More” section in the app to contact us.

I look forward to your feedback.

Michael Petry

Product Owner, Mobile, Shutterstock

Hello,

We are pleased to announce a significant update to our Android Contributor app. Shutterstock Contributor version 1.4 is now available in the Google Play store. This update focuses on the upload and submit experience in the app. We hope that these enhancements will make it easier than ever for you to submit your photos directly from the app and benefit from an improved submission flow.

You can now edit your images in batches and zoom in to see the details before you submit for review. This means you can edit multiple submissions at once rather than one image at a time.  We also improved the keywording entry interface with a preview image, and now you can enter multiple keywords simply separated by a comma or paste them in all at once.

We strive to give you the best experience with this app - If you have suggestions, additional feature requests or want to report an issue, write to us at submit@shutterstock.com or visit the “More” section in the app to contact us.

Michael Petry

Hello,

Michael Petry

But did this fix the issue with the quotes getting broken up after approval?

Something that has been broken for well over 2 years if not more?

Did you remove the feature where today's (yesterday's, i'm in Pacific time zone) downloads are presented?  It used to chime in at 9pm Pacific (midnight in NYC) to show me what sales I made that day. It hasn't done that in days. I miss that feature, please fix it or put it back in. Thanks.

Did you remove the feature where today's (yesterday's, i'm in Pacific time zone) downloads are presented?  It used to chime in at 9pm Pacific (midnight in NYC) to show me what sales I made that day. It hasn't done that in days. I miss that feature, please fix it or put it back in. Thanks.

Sometimes I get a message telling me how many downloads - others I don't.  Same with activity sometimes it shows yesterdays downloads, other days it doesn't.  Another glitch I feel!!!

Sometimes I get a message telling me how many downloads - others I don't.  Same with activity sometimes it shows yesterdays downloads, other days it doesn't.  Another glitch I feel!!!

I would like to see that feature fixed, Please Fix The Daily Downloads feature!

I've barely seen any of those since it started notifying about reviewed images again. They just bury everything else. I'd far rather I was able to turn that off and just see sales and daily summaries.

Michael do you really think people uploading stock images from the phone???????

Of course they are.

Todays cell phones have come a long way and are quite good for taking pictures as long as they have good light.

It is the future of things to come.

I understand you can take nice picture with your cell phone but I don't belive anyone is uploading straight from the phone. Prove me wrong.

I personally don't. But then, there are dozens of thousands of contributors here on SS, so the probability is high that at least someone is uploading directly from their phone :)

Other example is: you put a batch of photos for upload via ftp transfer and then you leave. While out, you can use your phone to select categories and submit your uploaded images...

Michael do you really think people uploading stock images from the phone???????

The handy feature of the phone app, is that you can upload from home on your PC / MAC, and if on the move you can then add keywords / title etc... from your phone and submit.  I've used it a couple of times.  I wouldn't think people would take photos on their phones and submit as the quality  / size wouldn't be adequate

Ok, you proved me wrong.

To upload garbage the app is great.

Nope all kinds of shots from all kinds of people and places using many different phones.

http://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/topic/75298-which-phones-have-passed-have-sales

http://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/topic/87983-show-your-new-approved-cell-phone-imagesd/?hl=cell+phone+images

Hello,

Michael Petry

Thank so much Support team

Hello,

Michael Petry

PLEASE BRING AUTO KEYWORD SUGGESTION TO ANDROID ALSO

I found the contributors app a few days ago, and installed it on my phone. Since about that time I can't see the pictures (on the worldmap, actually showing the downloaded artwork + where it was downloaded) that were downloaded in the normal browser window anymore. I can see something is downloaded, as it shows up in the 'earnings summary' and which picture on the app (with a delay btw), but the normal webpage doesn't update the pictures anymore (google chrome on a mac here). It'd indeed be great if this could be fixed.