• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

As you may have heard, PayPal is currently not operating in Turkey. We are working with our contributor community from Turkey to ensure they can receive payments this cycle. We will begin processing May payouts Friday, June 3 at 5pm Eastern Standard Time.

You will still receive your payments on or about the 15th of the month as stated in our Terms of Service. The e-mail you expect to receive informing you that payments have been processed will go out a few days later than usual.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kate

Shutterstock Contributor Support Team

KATE _

We have had years of experience with getting paid via paypal around the 7th.  We have payments scheduled to be paid out of that account due to that history, and have had "Declined" card issues due to this delay.  I cannot believe that one country not accepting PayPal is a legit reason to delay everyone.  In fact, it seems very hinky.  Please, please respond with some degree of detail so that all of us waiting for payment can know what is going on. 

SHAME ON SHUTTERSTOCK for this bull.

Kathy Hutchins

AKA Helga Esteb

KATE _

We have had years of experience with getting paid via paypal around the 7th.  We have payments scheduled to be paid out of that account due to that history, and have had "Declined" card issues due to this delay.  I cannot believe that one country not accepting PayPal is a legit reason to delay everyone.  In fact, it seems very hinky.  Please, please respond with some degree of detail so that all of us waiting for payment can know what is going on. 

SHAME ON SHUTTERSTOCK for this bull.

Kathy Hutchins

AKA Helga Esteb

Yes, all is about PayPal... but I use Skrill ... What the problem with Skrill users? Why our payouts are so late too?

You can expect whatever you want. Shutterstock has no obligation to meet your expectations.

I find it a bit annoying too and wonder what has changed but I'm just getting a bit tired of everyone wondering where their payment is every single time it is a bit late. "shame on Shutterstock", really?

I guess we do live in the age of entitlement so I shouldn't be surprised.

You don't have to be so condescending to other contributors that are voicing what to them are legitimate concerns about their payments.

You have said many times stock is a hobby for you and not your main income stream.

If you actually bothered to look at a few of the peoples profiles that posted their concerns, you'll have noticed that some have posted less than 5 forum posts ever in as many years and one in particular has a portfolio of well over 20k images.

I suspect to these contributors this is their business and most likely their main source of income, hence their concern.

If you find it tiresome maybe you should just back off the forums and let people voice their opinions without you chastising them for it.

And btw, we also live in age of intolerance and selfishness too, so I guess none of us are that surprised by your comments either.

My Real Job:

http://www.cogentmarketing.co.uk/

My Other Real Job:

https://www.madcowmo...y?referid=18880

You can expect whatever you want. Shutterstock has no obligation to meet your expectations.

I find it a bit annoying too and wonder what has changed but I'm just getting a bit tired of everyone wondering where their payment is every single time it is a bit late. "shame on Shutterstock", really?

I guess we do live in the age of entitlement so I shouldn't be surprised.

My bank here in CZ does transfers to another bank in 1 and half day ALWAYS... no mistakes... but if you read the conditions, is written that it can take 90 working days. The only reason of it is to avoid any reclamations during at least 90 days... if some day... it take more than the NORMAL (1 and half day) and you call them to ask why... they say: We have 90 days to do it... and finito. I think everybody here know what I mean. Sorry for my bad english.

OK Chris,

Sorry, I was having  a go at your comment, maybe unfairly, I cannot delete it as a couple of people have now quoted me :)

I am like you, this is less than 5% of my income, but I know for a great many it's more like 90-100%.

The point I was trying to make, probably badly, was that a good few of the folks that have posted in this thread have a tiny number of posts despite years as contributors. they're not prolific posters and some have 10k or 20k portfolio images. This is their business.

That, to me, shows the level of concern in them coming to this, what is essentially, an alien place and posting the question and the concern.

And has already been stated, rightly, the 15th is the 15th as per the TOS, but I also think that for ten years being paid on the 7th is an understandable and justifiable expectation. And with so many things in life managing peoples expectations can be an art form, Shutterstock have just, in this new climb, failed to manage their contributors expectations with this 'sudden' change.

And no offense intended and if I did I apologise.

Out of curiosity, how can you stock up your fridge already? Because I would still have to wait at least a couple of extra days for paypal to transfer the money into my bank account, before being able to do that with cash or debit card.

But I guess I'll rather use a credit card, like everyone else, while waiting for the payment to be done on the 15th, as specified in my contract.

In UK, we have faster payments... withdrawing money from PayPal means we get the funds straight away in our banks.. not days later