!!!URGENT!!! Turkish photographers are waiting for Payoneer support in Shutterstock.

First of all, I want to state that you have put Turkish designers in a really difficult position by following the news in Turkey from that much distance. Websites, even like etsy.com, have solved the problem by proposing different payment alternatives just upon the cancellation of paypal. But you have failed in solving this problem, though you have thousands of Turkish designers in your website.

The fastest and cleant-cut solution is your sending the payment right to the designers’ accounts. Unfortunately there isn’t any other way. You must be using this method at least until paypal and other payments ways are reactivated. There are thousand of people here waiting for you to solve the problem immediately.

Best regards,

Semih

Öncelikle Türkiye deki gelişmeleri bu kadar uzaktan takip ettiniz için biz Türk tasarımcıları çok zor durumda bıraktığınızı belirtmek isterim. etsy.com gibi siteler bile ödemeler için paypal ilk iptal olduğu anda hemen ödeme seçenekleri sunup sorunu hızlıca hallettiler. Ancak siz sitenizde onbinlerce türk tasarımcı varken bu sorunu düzeltemediniz . En kesin ve Hızlı çözüm Türk tasarımcıların bireysel Türk banka hesaplarına ödemeyi tek seferde yollamanızdır. Bunun Başka yolu yok ne yazık ki . En azından Türkiye de paypal ve diğer ödeme kanallarının hepsi geri dönünceye kadar sizin bu şekilde çalışmanız gerekiyor. Sorunu en hızlı şekilde çözmenizi bekleyen Binlerce insan var burada . İyi çalışmalar . Semih

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Th

I do not understand how Shutterstock decided Skrill would suspend all its operations in Turkey. According to Skrill statement they only cancel transfers between Turkish Skrill  accounts and transfers to abroad from Turkish accounts.  

They do not cancel transfers from abroad to Turkish accounts.  Since Shutterstock is still a US Company, It still should able to send funds to our Skrill accounts even after July 1.  I have already sent emails to Shutterstock and Skrill to clarify the situation.  I hope Skrill option is still valid. I am not sure if Turkish Banks would accept Shutterstock paper checks which would be only payment option remained after July 1.

And of course, I wish Shutterstock would expedite its efforts to put in use Payoneer as a payment option very soon. Otherwise the situation is a disaster for Turkish contributors and perhaps  Turkish buyers too. 

There will be no problems in terms of accepting Shutter Stock Checks in Turkish Banks, the only concern can be a collection period (time )  of the check, people will recieve money a little bit later..

Have been using Skrill for years to process my Shutterstock payments. Upon receiving mail from Shutterstock about Skrill suspending their operations in Turkey effective July 1st 2016, I contacted Skrill immediately regarding this matter. Here is their response:

--------------------------------

Thank you for contacting the Skrill Help Team. 

At Paysafe we closely monitor the ever changing regulatory requirements to ensure we always implement best compliance and business practices.

Further to that, as of 1 July 2016, you will no longer be able to send payments to or receive payments from either merchants or other Skrill/NETELLER account holders based in Turkey. Bear in mind that all other transactions will remain unaffected. You will be able to send payments to or receive payments from merchants and end users residing outside of Turkey as per usual.

Also, you will still be able to use your bank account with Skrill.

So, technically it means Skrill still is going to process payments to account holders in Turkey as long as payments come from non-Turkey based merchants/senders, and we should be able to receive my monthly payments from Shutterstock as usual. I still hope that Shutterstock implements Payoneer as payment option soon.

Will report back later in July. Hopefully Skrill will still process our payments.

Someone hacked into my Skrill account and sent 11k $ (all my savings) to several email addresses (also skrill users). I found out about it immedeately because I got an email that the money was sent, I immediately opened my skrill account and saw horrible picture! All my money is gone! I immediately called skrill by phone and asked them to immediately stop that transactions. All that was happening in one hour. They assured me that they will take all the necessary measures. After 8 days I received an email that the money left their system, and they can no longer help me ... I was about to explode! I tried everything possible to reclaim the money, but nothing, what ramains is lawsuits, and this requires large expenses, time and trouble...

Sorry to hear that. That's very troublesome news. Did you have two factor authorization activated by the time your Skrill account got hacked?

I also got same official answer from Skrill Customer Service Center. It is very clear that Skrill did not change ıts policy in regard of fund transfers from US to Turkish Skrill accounts.

Shutterstock should re-evaluate its announcement on cancelling Skrill option as a payment method for Turkish Contributors.  There are thousands of Turkish photographers/designers affected by this and we will appreciate if Shutterstock could address this crucial problem very soon. 

And, where are you Turkish contributors?  Please join this discussion and contribute actively. It is your money, not politics :)

Have been using Skrill for years to process my Shutterstock payments. Upon receiving mail from Shutterstock about Skrill suspending their operations in Turkey effective July 1st 2016, I contacted Skrill immediately regarding this matter. Here is their response:

Thank you for contacting the Skrill Help Team. 

At Paysafe we closely monitor the ever changing regulatory requirements to ensure we always implement best compliance and business practices.

Further to that, as of 1 July 2016, you will no longer be able to send payments to or receive payments from either merchants or other Skrill/NETELLER account holders based in Turkey. Bear in mind that all other transactions will remain unaffected. You will be able to send payments to or receive payments from merchants and end users residing outside of Turkey as per usual.

Also, you will still be able to use your bank account with Skrill.

So, technically it means Skrill still is going to process payments to account holders in Turkey as long as payments come from non-Turkey based merchants/senders, and we should be able to receive my monthly payments from Shutterstock as usual. I still hope that Shutterstock implements Payoneer as payment option soon.

Will report back later in July. Hopefully Skrill will still process our payments.

Hello! i currently live in Turkey and e-mail from SS from yesterday made me sad - postal bill as ONLY one option is really not fun. I red carefully news about Skrill and got Skrill email answer that they stopped transaction only inside Turkey. And still we can get costs from outside of country. So i hope to get another email from SS team that all is ok with Skrill. And of course Payoneer will be only a big plus!

Btw for those in Turkey who use Skrill - Is Bank is ok with it.

About Skrill hacking - i know that its not recommended to keep big sums of money there. Better to send your bank as soo as you got payment.

Hi,

I asked to skrill and they answered my question(in Turkish):

My Qestion:

Sayin ilgli

Gonderdiginiz aciklamanin son paragrafindan anladigim,
Turkiye disindaki hesaplardan kendi hesabimiza odeme alabilecegimiz yonunde..
Dogrumudur ?
TEsekkurler..

Answer:
1 Temmuz tarihinden itibaren siz Türkiye'den hesap açmış bir üye olarak Türkiye dışındaki üyelere ve satıcılara para gönderebilecek ve onlardan para alabileceksiniz. Kısıtlamalarınız Türkiye içindeki üyelere yapılan ve onlardan alınan ödemeleriniz için geçerli olacaktır.
Umarız yardımcı olmuşuzdur.

So i think there is no problem to sending our paymends to our accounts. i hope this helps.. :))
Loves..

hello turkish contributors!

so what we are going to do untill 1st July?

so as i understood there shouldnt be problem with receiving money from foreign company. So i just keep all as it is and wait payment, if Skrill still works with Turkey i will receive money, if not, than they will be not sent to me and just stay on SS account. Am I right?

hello turkish contributors!

so what we are going to do untill 1st July?

so as i understood there shouldnt be problem with receiving money from foreign company. So i just keep all as it is and wait payment, if Skrill still works with Turkey i will receive money, if not, than they will be not sent to me and just stay on SS account. Am I right?

No idea really.. Still waiting for an answer from Shutterstock.

Good news! I just got a reassuring message from Shutterstock management that Skrill will be processing payments as usual for Turkish contributors. Shutterstock will be sending out messages soon concerning this matter.

Still, with where Turkey has been headed lately (economically and politically), I would not bet on Skrill's ability to stay long in Turkish market. So, I still back the idea of having Payoneer added to Shutterstock's payout options.

Hi everyone,

Good news indeed!

Here is the official message for our Turkish contributors:

We have been investigating the situation with Skrill and its ability to pay contributors residing in The Republic of Turkey. After multiple communications it is now our understanding that as a US based company, Shutterstock should be able to continue successfully paying out to Turkish contributors via Skrill.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and will continue to monitor the situation over the coming months to ensure that payments are being made. If you have any questions please reach out to our Contributor Support Team.

Best Regards,

Shutterstock Contributor Support Team   

Hi everyone,

Good news indeed!

Here is the official message for our Turkish contributors:

We have been investigating the situation with Skrill and its ability to pay contributors residing in The Republic of Turkey. After multiple communications it is now our understanding that as a US based company, Shutterstock should be able to continue successfully paying out to Turkish contributors via Skrill.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and will continue to monitor the situation over the coming months to ensure that payments are being made. If you have any questions please reach out to our Contributor Support Team.

Best Regards,

Shutterstock Contributor Support Team   

Thank you  Alex!  It is really good news.