Hi there. I have very recently made the switch from Nikon to Fuji, mainly because I wanted to reduce the size and weight of my kit. I love Nikon but I noticed that because of the weight (and size), I would leave my D700 home most of the time. So after a lot of reading I decided to take the plunge and sell all of my Nikon equipment, which I have now replaced with a Fuji X-T1, 10-24mm f/4, 35mm f/2 and as of today, the 50-140mm 2.8 lens, which I have ordered earlier.

I was curious to see if there are other photographers here who use the Fuji X system for stock and to hear about your workflow and things like whether you shoot jpeg or raw, what editing software you believe works best for post processing etc. It would also be nice to see some portfolios.

These are some test shots I took shortly after getting the X-T1 and first couple of lenses and I am really pleased with the quality. Now I can't wait to receive the 50-140mm.

post-1379630-0-89945600-1461105768_thumb.jpg

post-1379630-0-03564000-1461105788_thumb.jpg

post-1379630-0-34362600-1461105938_thumb.jpg

I don't have the Fuji SYSTEM, but I shoot lots with the Fujifilm X100-S and love it. It's like using a small RF Leica. I shoot jpegs only and don't concern myself with RAW. Noise level is good (I only use up to ISO 400) and the camera is a treat! No problem getting images accepted--well, no more so than with my Canon T2i with an L lens.

No interchangeable lens, but I still have 2 feet to walk up or back with.

Before getting the X-T1 I tried an X-E2, thinking I would really love the rangefinder style body, but despite the image quality being great, I felt the need for more dslr-like controls. Plus, coming from a full frame camera, I found the viewfinder on the X-E2 to be very small. So I sold it and got the X-T1 which is miles better in that respect. Still not sure how I feel about EVFs though, but I am sure I will get used to it.

I'm using both the x100s (carry around all the time camera) and an X-Pro1 which has been lots of fun lately.  Really enjoying the shutter speed and aperture dials. Sometimes I feel like I am shooting again with my Nikon FM2 that I loved when I shot film.  I'd love the X-Pro2 but will wait until the price comes down a bit and/or until the X-T2 is released. 

stock-photo-old-shoes-with-holes-worn-do  stock-photo-san-xavier-mission-in-tucson

Taken with the X100s

Hello,

just bought an x100t to shoot outdoors. My D700 was so big and heavy out of studio. Love the sensor and natural colors of fujifilm. And the camera is only 320 grams. No problems of acception.

Mostly using jpegs out of the camera. 

I highly recommend fujifilm who would like to switch to a mirrorless system.

On 4/19/2016 at 11:49 PM, vladgphoto said:

Hi there. I have very recently made the switch from Nikon to Fuji, mainly because I wanted to reduce the size and weight of my kit. I love Nikon but I noticed that because of the weight (and size), I would leave my D700 home most of the time. So after a lot of reading I decided to take the plunge and sell all of my Nikon equipment, which I have now replaced with a Fuji X-T1, 10-24mm f/4, 35mm f/2 and as of today, the 50-140mm 2.8 lens, which I have ordered earlier.

I was curious to see if there are other photographers here who use the Fuji X system for stock and to hear about your workflow and things like whether you shoot jpeg or raw, what editing software you believe works best for post processing etc. It would also be nice to see some portfolios.

These are some test shots I took shortly after getting the X-T1 and first couple of lenses and I am really pleased with the quality. Now I can't wait to receive the 50-140mm.

post-1379630-0-89945600-1461105768_thumb.jpg

post-1379630-0-03564000-1461105788_thumb.jpg

post-1379630-0-34362600-1461105938_thumb.jpg

Yes I have the Fuji X-Pro1. I have 18mm and 28mm Fuji lenses but also use a variety of vintage lenses. I shoot raw plus jpeg.

I find the Fuji X system is great for street photography, but I hardly upload any of those to Shutterstock (the shots are mostly not worth selling anyway).

I have taken many landscape shots with the Fuji and only occasionally is the quality good enough for sale.  I am plagued by the green "worms" problem which I can't solve via any of the raw converters I have tried.

@Laurin Rinder I love my XT-1 but I am thinking to upgrade to the XT2. Not quite sure yet after the release of the X-H1. The in-body image stabilization on the X-H1 is quite appealing.

Which features on the XT2 impressed you the most?

Thanks

I go By "The feel". How it feels in My Hand. always have... thats very Important. That confidence level helps a lot and...Knowing what each Button does and Does not do. Image quality is a good thing But the person Holding it is what matters most. The newist is just the newist. My Nikon D3 12MP camera 2as ground breaking. X100s was also. Cameras really are disposable.  What Kind of glass a company sells is where it's at. FUJI knows color. there are Only 2 Companies on the Planet that can make glass that can resolve Megapixels past 16. if they could they would cost a fortune. More MP gives you More wiggle room Not cleaner Pictures. Thats on you and doing things right. I've shot the 100MP Phaseone. Not that Impressed. More Impressed with a great Photographer Thats knows Lighting. And whatever...By the time you get to your car.......it's outdated anyway. LOL

Funny How some of the greatest Photos ever taken didn't have all this stuff. the guy Knew how to Hold a camera.

I sold all of my Nikon stuff too, bought the Fuji XT20. Absolutely love not lugging around all that gear. I shoot food so I have one lens, and I find the quality better than my Nikon D300s. Plus it shoots 4k video. Loving it, takes a bit of learning a new system, but it does what it's supposed to do. :) 

well Owned and before that or shot for evaluation every digital Nikon since the 2MP D1 And before that going back to 1956 with the SP Rangefinders. D200,D300 were to me the worst they made. Favs along the way were  F1/F2m/FTN. Nikkormat,D7000, D2X ..D2H were huge Game changers,D3 Major Game Changer,D700 and 800 Very nice when they fixed the oil leaking on the sensor. LOL

Nikon popularized many features in professional SLR photography, such as the modular camera system with interchangeable lenses, viewfinders, motor drives, and data backs; integrated light metering and lens indexing; electronic strobe flashguns instead of expendable flashbulbs; electronic shutter control; evaluative multi-zone "matrix" metering; and built-in motorized film advance. However, as Autofocus SLRs became available from Minolta and others in the mid-1980s, Nikon's line of manual-focus cameras began to seem out of date. I also Had all the Hasselblads after the disastrous C500CM series. I bought into the 501CM series.Including the XPAN 35MM camera and the 903 SWC super wide. the cooliest of the cool. I could write volumes on cameras. i really do Love all of them even the clunkers.But, Like I've said and believe. No one has lrnses that can really resolve all the MP we throw at them. Maybe tne new hassys and Phase One But the jury is still out and who can pay off the press is the story. ...lol

Had an X100S and really loved it. It died in India but I still have the corpse. I did find the fixed focal length limiting, especially for a "do everything" camera and the lens adapters didn't help alot (If you are going to be screwing on adapters, you might as well just switch lenses).

Picked an XT-2 up and haven't looked back. I don't think I've used my DSLRs for much of anything since. I wish they held more resale value honestly.

One thing not mentioned here is that Fuji makes some EXTREMELY nice lenses. I picked up the 80mm macro and it is possibly the sharpest lens I've ever used (I suspect it is sharper than the Tamron 90), the IS on it is extremely handy and works well too. Overall, super impressed. The lenses are expensive and some are heavy but wow, seriously nice glass. The lens lineup is constantly growing too.

as we used to say....Fuji Knows color. They certainly did with film I loved the XT2 also.I think the romance was owning Many Leicas and Having My first camera be a Leica.

Fuji/fujinon has been around a long long time and back in the days the number one choice for every TV station in Europe (until Sony showed up). Their lenses were outstanding and still are outstanding. 

They are also one of the very few companies who make their own raw glass from scratch. Most don't. Most use Hoya, Ohara, or Schott/Zeiss. They just do the coating and assembly (which can make or brake a piece of glass obviously)

3 hours ago, Rudy Umans said:

Fuji/fujinon has been around a long long time and back in the days the number one choice for every TV station in Europe (until Sony showed up). Their lenses were outstanding and still are outstanding. 

They are also one of the very few companies who make their own raw glass from scratch. Most don't. Most use Hoya, Ohara, or Schott/Zeiss. They just do the coating and assembly (which can make or brake a piece of glass obviously)

+ 1 Million. i also never bought Kodak film except in the 50's as not many choices. Fuji Film, all formats. beautiful color.

3 hours ago, Laurin Rinder said:

+ 1 Million. i also never bought Kodak film except in the 50's as not many choices. Fuji Film, all formats. beautiful color.

Know any Graflex for sale in good condition? Toyo would be good too, but I prefer Graflex (the ones on Ebay are awful) so I can do my transfers again with Fuji 100C film

if I did. I would be on it Rudy. I was looking for a original Polaroid XS 70 ....$450 from B&H new and film is $23.00 for 8 shots. I wanted to do some real Instagram stuff.

I do have one of those SX 70's have a late fifties Polaroid Land Camera with some extra screw in lenses. (inherited) 

Image result

Check these people out http://landcameras.com/shop/sx-70-cameras/ They have some nice XS-70's

and for your instagram stuf, check out https://www.lomography.com/  They have some cool things nowadays for not much money

I had the Fuji 100F for a while but I did not like the handling and controls so sent it back. The images were fine the lens a bit limiting for me I think I am more of a 28mm street shooter so I might try the Ricoh GR11 in the future. 

On 5/17/2018 at 2:23 PM, Rudy Umans said:

I do have one of those SX 70's have a late fifties Polaroid Land Camera with some extra screw in lenses. (inherited) 

Image result

Check these people out http://landcameras.com/shop/sx-70-cameras/ They have some nice XS-70's

and for your instagram stuf, check out https://www.lomography.com/  They have some cool things nowadays for not much money

Cool. better prices. think I'll get one. never was into Lomo stuff.

4 minutes ago, Laurin Rinder said:

Cool. better prices. think I'll get one. never was into Lomo stuff.

I only brought it up because you mentioned instagram.