question: 
imaginary furniture designs rejected for "unacceptable content type" we cannot accept this image into our commercial or editorial collection. 

what is that all about? I've just searched by newest and there is obviously images of the same style and subject matter accepted this week (judging by the image ID # cross referenced to image numbers I submitted this week). So what gives? 

edited to include: also the images I found accepted were unreleased… I even attached my 3d software property release which we now require per interior / architecture design 3d renders…. 

sooooo………  :huh:

• 1 month later...

Please clarify urgently what should happen now in relation to the new spamming policy and email sent out today.

The title/description of all my images since you brought in this new requirement for 3d images has "3d" repeated because it is part of my original title and because you insist it is repeated twice as "3d rendering" and "3d illustration". This is required for the image to be accepted. So should we now edit the descriptions and remove these required words? This must be clarified as it is complete contradiction at present!

Please clarify urgently what should happen now in relation to the new spamming policy and email sent out today.

The title/description of all my images since you brought in this new requirement for 3d images has "3d" repeated because it is part of my original title and because you insist it is repeated twice as "3d rendering" and "3d illustration". This is required for the image to be accepted. So should we now edit the descriptions and remove these required words? This must be clarified as it is complete contradiction at present!

Either 3D Rendering or 3D Illustration will do, personally I choose the latter as no one is going to search 'rendering'. You don't need both but I think it's only if you titled something '3D Pirate 3D Pirate 3D Pirate 3D Pirate 3D Pirate 3D Pirate 3D Pirate' that you would have a problem. At least I hope that is the case.

Either 3D Rendering or 3D Illustration will do, personally I choose the latter as no one is going to search 'rendering'. You don't need both but I think it's only if you titled something '3D Pirate 3D Pirate 3D Pirate 3D Pirate 3D Pirate 3D Pirate 3D Pirate' that you would have a problem. At least I hope that is the case.

But that can't be the case because my images already said 3d illustration and were rejected for not having "3d rendering" and "3d illustration" so I've have been adding both to the images when I submit here and to BS. I do not edit the descriptions after to add anything. So my images were rejected if only having "3d illustration" (which they have always had). I'd be very happy to change them back to normal - but if I do that then they would have been rejected in that state by a reviewer so it makes no sense!

But that can't be the case because my images already said 3d illustration and were rejected for not having "3d rendering" and "3d illustration" so I've have been adding both to the images when I submit here and to BS. I do not edit the descriptions after to add anything. So my images were rejected if only having "3d illustration" (which they have always had). I'd be very happy to change them back to normal - but if I do that then they would have been rejected in that state by a reviewer so it makes no sense!

I just tack on 3D Illustration at the end of every image, that way if it makes it exceed the ten word limit of IS I can just delete the last two words. I always make sure to have the keywords '3D, three dimensional, illustration, render, graphics' but I did that before they brought in this rule.

It does specifically say 'or' in the rule and I haven't had images rejected for this since adjusting to the change. Sometimes I'll title with 3D at the start or half way through the description and illustration at the end and that still gets accepted. I think provided both words are in there it's fine.

3D images submitted without the words “3D illustration” or “3D rendering” in the title and keywords will not be approved for the following reason: 3D Title/Keyword Requirement: 3D images require the phrase “3D illustration” or “3D rendering” in the title and keywords.

I just tack on 3D Illustration at the end of every image, that way if it makes it exceed the ten word limit of IS I can just delete the last two words. I always make sure to have the keywords '3D, three dimensional, illustration, render, graphics' but I did that before they brought in this rule.

It does specifically say 'or' in the rule and I haven't had images rejected for this since adjusting to the change. Sometimes I'll title with 3D at the start or half way through the description and illustration at the end and that still gets accepted. I think provided both words are in there it's fine.

Yeah, it says it in the rule but that doesn't seem to be how the reviewers apply it from my experience. Well that would certainly be a repeat of a word because I have followed the instructions I was given. I'm happy to delete the extra words, because I thought it looked stupid anyway - but that was how it was accepted by the reviewer, but then I am going to be in trouble for removing them and not telling a potential buyer three times that they are looking at an illustration? I wonder.

And yes, I've always had 3d illustration in my description and keywords right from the start, but it was still rejected under this new rule.

That is why I am asking for an official clarification here before I change anything and find that it is wrong again for another reason.

So can we have official clarification on this point please?

And will this also now apply to Bigstock?

Edit: I've now been through all the images I uploaded since this requirement came into force and removed the extra "3d"s from the description - this is against the information I was given by SS support and all of these images with the extra "3d" in the description were approved by the reviewers. So these images have indeed now been edited after approval. I wonder which set of new rules will over-ride the other here?