Fredrik Bourdette

Anyone else thinking of leaving SS due to poor contributor experience

It would never cross my Mind to delete My port here after nearly 11 years or 3 Other sites I've been with that Long. It has crossed my Mind many times and Im positive crossed many others to simply stop Uploading, Not so much here Per se But Microstock in general. Myself?...Im doing a separate collection for RM. Been doing this over a year. time to stretch. Always looking for new outlets, Always. It's part of the job selling your work.

Although...Many of you know, I will be leaving the forums on SS. Theres ways to be much more efficient doing what I do.

Wanna be involved? Just write me, so Dave and I can Put you on the mailing List. this will Be sometime late summer were hoping. and It will be by invitation ONLY!

rinderart@aol.com

EDIT...And this need for 600/800,000 new images a week is killing it for me. there is absolutely no need and to think Jon Believes it's great , I cannot agree one bit.

Newbies rule, Thats OK. Port Spammers rule. Thats not.

EDIT...And this need for 600/800,000 new images a week is killing it for me. there is absolutely no need and to think Jon Believes it's great , I cannot agree one bit.

Newbies rule, Thats OK. Port Spammers rule. Thats not.

I really don't think any person can produce 800 images a week that are worth producing. I guess if you have a pictures assembly line, but can't one pay helpers compensation on .25 an image?

• 212447 images
  • United States
  • Member since 2011

That guy is pushing over 979 images per week so yeah it is possible.

212447 images divided by 217 weeks.

Whoa, who is that you're referring to?

They must have several people uploading daily.

Funny story but true. I have a close friend that has been doing celebs,Red carpet forever. No Politics. Nothing else. standing in front of restaurants because they get tips from agents whos gonna be where. Strange Life to say the least But he has full access to Oscars,emmys BAFDA,major concerts. all Music and celebs.  about 9/10 years ago I got him to try RF stock. He did try and gave up after a few weeks. He was used to getting a 1000+ Images a night, he never uses Processing "Photoshop" whatever. He called what we do a waste of time. He has a girl runner with him all the time that takes his cards to the car and uploads to whatever agency/News Outlet he's working for.. he likes to work after 30 years 7 days/Nights a week. He shoots basically the same people everyday.everynight,every awards show a gazillion times. He's very well known by his subjects so he gets little perks now and then.

Strange career. He Likes it, I would go nuts. Like I said he tried to do standard stocky looking Stuff and failed miserably. Just wasn't for him.

About 2 Blocks away theres a very famous restaurant called the Ivy. Everyday and everynight the other side of the street is filled with pap guys and girls. As I walk around I noticed they Pretty much all do Video Now, Not stills. Maybe thats a paparazzi thing.  He loves it. I couldn't do it creatively or Physically. he's probably sitting On a few Million Images. And when he's ready to hang it up, He'll sell all of them He says.

I met the 14 yr old kid that became quite famous 5 years ago as being a pap shooter. He bought My D2X. Strange world they Live in. whos hot  today?? and he is constantly on the go. eva Langoria gets her hair done...LOL he's there. Tux in the trunk waiting for assignment.

I pulled all but one of my images last May. No money equaled poor contributor experience to me.

Whoa, who is that you're referring to?

They must have several people uploading daily.

They seem to be teams. I have had a look at some ports... hundreds of very similar images. Some of these "contributors" were based in Russia and Ukraine. I have seen ads for jobs on websites like Elance.com... (which changed its name to Upwork) looking for people on $3 an hour or less from India etc to do changes to AI files etc like color, and layout etc... so i presumed they were hiring people to do the changes.

Could be pretty easy to do with dropbox and a team or 2 or 3 people, one being a keyword and/or uploader. Some could just be a normal team, husband and wife or such. Kudos to them if they can make it work and earn decent money doing it that way. 

Still my biggest earner, but not by much. Maybe 20% or 30%. more here at SS. And the other is catching up fast. If they continue like this they will overtake SS as my biggest earner. Might not be too long before that happens either. Could be months.

Umm, wow.

They seem to be teams. I have had a look at some ports... hundreds of very similar images. Some of these "contributors" were based in Russia and Ukraine. I have seen ads for jobs on websites like Elance.com... (which changed its name to Upwork) looking for people on $3 an hour or less from India etc to do changes to AI files etc like color, and layout etc... so i presumed they were hiring people to do the changes.

Could be pretty easy to do with dropbox and a team or 2 or 3 people, one being a keyword and/or uploader. Some could just be a normal team, husband and wife or such. Kudos to them if they can make it work and earn decent money doing it that way. 

Man that just frustrates me because it makes it that much harder for someone like, for example, me, to be able to compete against that.

This is exactly what it is - the teams.  They call it their studio teams and it is discussed openly.   Also one russian contributer  has just sold his SS portfolio to someone else.  His port was made by a team he hired and contained more than 10 000 vectors.  I can read russian so I understand what is going on.

This is exactly what it is - the teams.  They call it their studio teams and it is discussed openly.   Also one russian contributer  has just sold his SS portfolio to someone else.  His port was made by a team he hired and contained more than 10 000 vectors.  I can read russian so I understand what is going on.

That's just nuts to me.

My FT portfolio has only 281 accepted pieces of illustrations (not vectors). It would take me years to reach 10k pieces.

The one thing I do like about FT is that they seem to be a lot harder during the review process. I have only a 43% acceptance rate with them while when I was still with SS, I had a 99% one.

I do think SS needs to be more picky but I don't know what else they could do. I suspect they don't want to make it harder for contributors to get work accepted; it helps them out after all, but not us. So they have no incentive to change.

Speaking of poor contributor experience, how long has the "Image Gallery Stats" been broken?

Are they? I can sort by sales or upload date. Earnings has never worked. Is that what you mean, or something new?

ps marked beta, updates once a day.