Linda Bestwick

Attaching keywords to footage

when I export from FCPX the keywords will be attached to file, but as it stands, shutterstock won't read metadata in footage. 

so currently if you don't want to put in through the content editor on SS you have to build a CSV. in which case, you'd use microsoft excel, apple numbers, or a basic text editor.. 

i haven't bothered to write CSVs so I do it all the hard way still. 

http://www.shutterstock.com/contributorsupport/articles/kbat02/000006573

now that I read that, i realize it actually isn't so hard.. i think i'm going to start writing CSVs. I have about 360 clips waiting to get online so its probably worth it for me right now. (i only submit batches of 10-20 so I can keep a constant trickle feed of new content flowing in)

problem is, each CSV you write works for only one agency, since they will all follow a different format.  Good thing is p5 actually reads metadata. 

I now use stocksubmitter the windows version. I wish I had known about this program in the beginning. Saves a heap load of time. I fill in the titles description and keywords once then stocksubmitter uploads to all agencies in one go and submits for review. Even 4k video and the icing on the cake converts to photojpeg for you. Unfortunately it is not free. But also not expensive for the time it saves.

14 hours ago, Karthikeyan Gnanaprakasam said:

Xpiks, when i save an image. It exports only the description, title and keywords or even the image ? Any thoughts? What that export really does?

Hi. I don't understand your question. Description/Title/Keywords are saved inside the image. When you "Save" in Xpiks metadata is stored inside image/video files.