Sign in to follow this  
Michael Shutterstock

New Features for Shutterstock Contributor iOS App

Hi,

This weekend we released a new version of the Shutterstock contributor app for the iPhone. I want to share some of the new features that we hope will make the experience much better for you.

We have focused on improving the upload experience overall. Some of the new features we have added include the ability to preview your uploads in full screen before you submit, and to upload multiple images at once. You can also edit in batches now. This means you can add or edit multiple submissions rather than one image at a time.  While we were building that we improved the keywording experience overall, now all you need is a comma to separate keywords.

We want to give you the best experience possible with this app - If you have suggestions, feature requests or want to report an issue, write to us at submit@shutterstock.com or visit the “More” section in the app to contact us.

I look forward to your thoughts and suggestions.

Also, for our contributors using Android, we are hard at work on similar improvements and will update you soon.

Michael Petry

Product Owner, Mobile, Shutterstock

It's nice to know how SS priorities. With all the issues on the contributor site they proudly announce something that only a few can or will actually want to use.

I would just be happy if they made it so we could rely on the basic ability to upload.

Chris

I mostly dont post replys to announcements or forum threads but I think i have to share my expreience this time.

The iphone app is really good. Very, very, very good. :)

Im using it daily and I never had a single crash issue and the stats are refreshing quite fast.

Its nice to see that there are developers who updating the app constantly! 

I must say that I never tried keywording from my phone in the past. Maybe its time to try it :)

Ps.: Perry if you use pc or mac all you have to do is open your browser, those features are already reachable from shutterstock contributor page.

Ps.: Perry if you use pc or mac all you have to do is open your browser, those features are already reachable from shutterstock contributor page.

View image full screen? I don't know where that feature is.

Upload multiple images? Yes, that I've got.

Edit batches? I don't know where that feature is, either.

Maybe I'm just daft and don't know how to access these things.

Could someone explain - how I can upload mobile images to SS? 

Should I write some special capture for that or this is will be done by iOS application automatically? 

the android/iOS apps have the ability to upload straight off device storage.. but i'd still recommend passing them through a real computer to do your basic edits before uploading to make sure they look their best before submitting.  IMHO. 

View image full screen? I don't know where that feature is.

Upload multiple images? Yes, that I've got.

Edit batches? I don't know where that feature is, either.

Maybe I'm just daft and don't know how to access these things.

Perry, to edit a batch you just go to your submit page after you have uploaded and click the select all option. Then whatever changes you make to one image happens to all the images.  

And there really is not a reason to view anything in full screen on your desktop. The reason you need full screen on a mobile device is because the screen is so small. The default small size on your pc is already larger then most peoples cell phones.

I am glad that SS is spending the money and time in this because it shows they are looking to the future. Mobile devices are the future of this. I upload my images from my desktop but then often submit them from my phone.

Also, I am using several mobile apps for selling images. One of them is quickly approaching my SS sales numbers plus I get 2-5 dollars an image. A lot better than 33 cents

And these site do not have an image approval process. Anything can be sold. Because of the trend of mobile photography, clients do not care about if the image has a bit of noise and is a little OOF . Big companies don't care if the images is not technically perfect anymore and I am hoping that SS is catching on to this.

I hope that is why they are investing in the mobile app. Because it is the future of stock. 

I have been having issues uploading my iPhone images directly into the app.

After I keyword and give a title, etc, it just disappears.

I decided to upload via phone and then take care of everything via interface on my desktop. I'm able to submit, but then later I get a message that the file is corrupted and did not upload properly. I have an iPhone 6S

It'd be great if you also improve the notifications part of the app. Notifications get annoying pretty fast even for beginners like myself, when there is no option to select what you want to be notified about.

Perry, to edit a batch you just go to your submit page after you have uploaded and click the select all option. Then whatever changes you make to one image happens to all the images.  

Ahhh - I was thinking of batch editing AFTER approval. OK - I get it.

Thanks.

Looking forward to the Android update...and please fix it so it will work over cellular data not just WiFi as the current version of the Android app does. Thanks!!

It already works using cell data.

It is called the internet.

Get the app on your phone.

It already works using cell data.

It is called the internet.

Get the app on your phone.

It's not as simple as that... the Android app requires WiFi on certain devices / networks - it wouldn't work for me on a Samsung Galaxy S2 over 3G but works fine on an S5 over 4G.

Working good, but as a smartphone owner I like the ordinary one, tried your app today but it was problems with the keywords and It could´t be accepted, but when I switched to the website It just was the ordinary "don't recon the keywords" etc... But at web version it works, when it works...

This release broke the ability for images to rotate with the display orientation on iPhone. Which was fixed in the last release and now broken again. Please fix it again. Works on iPad.