Enhanced License change follow up

I have had one for $29.85 on 30 January, so essentially $1.85 more than what I would have got.

I would paste the image of the screen grab from my earnings page but for some reason the OP appears to have disabled the image addition option on this thread.

That's either intentional or the OP doesn't know know to use a computer, I suspect it's probably the latter :lol:

http://www.cogentmarketing.co.uk/

https://www.madcowmo...y?referid=18880

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Therefore, in order to offer more price flexibility for enhanced licences, we had to create more flexibility in enhanced licence payouts"   So, in English then, SS wants to offer huge discounts to

To our contributor community: As always, we appreciate your feedback and acknowledge that in our communication of January 22nd we didn’t clearly explain our rationale for making changes to the enhan

"As you have noted here in the contributor forums, our enhanced license sales have been coming under pressures of late"   Paul, the reason for that is because you have increased the print-run to 50

I am trying to be optimistic about this. I have gotten two EL's since the switch. Both were for only 19$ though. But that may have been 2 I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Only time will tell. Really getting 2 in one week isn't unusual for me so as of now I can't really say if it is just ones I would have gotten anyway and I am now missing out on 14$. But if the trend continues and I keep getting 2 a week(especially this time of year) then it will be worth it.

I understand the reasoning, price flexibility is good for making different packs for buyer, it adds more dynamic to market.

From the other side, I suppose contributors also require more price-flexibility as a fair trade by modern standards.

(yes, there is a pressure by a falling prices, but still not all of contributors agree to sell their pictures at the lowest ranges, respecting their work)

I think it will be good idea to add opportunity to range acceptable prices by contributor himself instead of only one choice "opt in/opt out"
and also work out good exclusivity program for contributor with even more customization options.

I think it will be more qualitative than quantitative change, but still with a good prospect.

Like Billionaire Sam Walton did, the founder of Wal-Mart (RIP)

He realized he could make more money by selling things at a lower price, but at higher quantities.

Thanks for the update Shutterstock, I trust the initiative and experiments!

Here's the thing, though.  You only buy an EL if you need it.  Just because the price is lower doesn't mean people who didn't need it are going to buy one. 

Here's the thing, though.  You only buy an EL if you need it.  Just because the price is lower doesn't mean people who didn't need it are going to buy one.

^^ exactly. And when they expanded the terms of the reugular licensce from 250k print to 500k print, well that severly restricts the amount of ELs that will actually needed by customers. That was a mistake on SS part, no other way to spin that.

Why don't Shutterstock revert the standard license print limit back to 250K, and correct the mistake. Their marketing strategy could be that "now we  have reduced the price of EL, and therefore we no longer feel that the standard license print limit should be 500K". Doing so will attract and push more buyers to consider EL. I am sure more cost conscious buyers will do a "limited" run of 500K on their merchandise to avoid buying EL

Yup... I had my EL sales reserved here (it was almost as exclusive EL for shutterstock) because of money I had for them. Many agencies where I usually upload had my ELs opted out from their sales.

Due to lower pricing here I am forced to OPT IN with EL sales to all other places.

I am very sorry for this dear partners. But, you had already made research on this. So, no big deal... In your logic I should have more sales with lower pricing abroad 20+ stock agencies where I upload.

Thanks for heads-up!

You need it if the seller working on tracking yours copies. Or, if you really care about reputation. 250 or 500, or 250 + 250. Buyer buy a sub of 26 cents per image and will make a million copies in different circulations. (D. Pimborough vote down as usual ;) )

:lol:

Don't cry voting up or down is just an indication that a person agrees or disagrees with the thread comment.

Alternatively if one cannot understand a word of what is being written

Nobody crying here, mr. Pimborough.

If you disagrees with the thread comment or cannot understand what is being written - you vote down.

If you post your comment - vote up, because you agree and wrote yourself. Now, your behavior is clear.

It's called democracy I can vote up or down as I see fit.

We do have that kind of behaviour in the West.

I vote many posts up or down if I agree or disagree.  That is the point of the vote button.

But you do not catch me posting and calling people out on a forum & making silly accusations.

Neither do I spend valuable time logging out to go back through forum threads so I can click on the vote button to see who voted me up or down. <_<

Where are East, West, North, South and who is we? I am pointed in the fact that one of users voted down aganest my posts, including Critique Forum without explanation. You have explained. No questions.

But you do not catch me posting and calling people out on a forum & making silly accusations.

Neither do I spend valuable time logging out to go back through forum threads so I can click on the vote button to see who voted me up or down. <_<

Everyone saves that for MSG.

And you don't need to log out and back in to see who voted what.