Introducing: Shutterstock Editor tool

Last week we launched Shutterstock Editor in beta. It’s a simple, fast, and free way for Shutterstock customers to edit the photos and illustrations in our collection. 

Shutterstock Editor requires a customer account (anyone can sign up for free here), but it benefits both customers and contributors. Our existing customers will become more empowered and engaged, while new customers will be attracted by a free product that helps them work faster. For contributors, new and more active customers means even more downloads. 

We’ve already heard great feedback from our customers and we’d love you to try it as well.

Learn More here!

Last week we launched Shutterstock Editor in beta. It’s a simple, fast, and free way for Shutterstock customers to edit the photos and illustrations in our collection. 

Shutterstock Editor requires a customer account (anyone can sign up for free here), but it benefits both customers and contributors. Our existing customers will become more empowered and engaged, while new customers will be attracted by a free product that helps them work faster. For contributors, new and more active customers means even more downloads. 

We’ve already heard great feedback from our customers and we’d love you to try it as well.

Learn More here!

Excellent thanks to the commitment to membership development.

I did a quick test on one of my own. Made it square = Facebook, and then one of the elements (now I forget which one. Third from last I think?)

brisco_demo_ss_editor.jpg

Here's what the original looks like online:

stock-photo-joliet-illinois-usa-august-i

Interesting concept. Then I hit download and it takes me to a page where I see the various plans and pricing. I wonder if this is like that newer C design online site, and will it take away part of their market. I can only suspect it should increase the ease of editing our images, as the buyer wants and creating more downloads.

Also could this eliminate variations of colors, so the buyer makes the decision, not the person uploading or a reviewer. ;)

However it does raise a question about Editorial and honesty in the editing of the images. I'm not going to question more income. Just wondering what could happen in the case of a News Editorial image, edited if they add more options?

Good for customers, but pretty useless for contributers as we are still not able to download our own work for free. I realyl wish SS would change its policy on that.

Also, you can't search inside the editor, nor is it clear how to access the editor from an image page.

Still, nice set of tools - it will be very useful to the majority of clients, whom I suspect don't have access to or knowledge of editing software.