Change to our Initial Review process

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the Shutterstock artist community grows, we are constantly looking for ways to better support, educate and empower our contributors to become successful in our marketplace. Just within this past ye

what are you doing...good Lord... and so the slag overflows the base, now what?? come to your senses before it's too late...turn on your mind...if it is you have left... Oh my God

• 3 weeks later...

so now we are about a month later. Did any existing contributors experience any changes as far as sales goes, rejection percentage etc since the introduction early December? Did it profit anybody? Did it disadvantaged anybody? 

so now we are about a month later. Did any existing contributors experience any changes as far as sales goes, rejection percentage etc since the introduction early December? Did it profit anybody? Did it disadvantaged anybody? 

Thank you for saying what I was thinking. New people can get access and pass or fail on the quality of their actual images, not on getting accepted into some club based on an odd 7 of 10 subjective review, playing games and guessing what will pass what was inconsistent and often incomprehensible. Yeah, make them small, don't send the same photos that were accepted last time. WHAT?

I don't care, it's not hurting me, let the masses come and pass the real review process. The burden now is on SS to select what they want to present to the public.

I also don't care what the company does with 700,000 new images or doesn't do. Spam images will die on their own values. Talk about buried in the search or turning off buyers. People get bored seeing 100 of the same shot and their opinion will be, it's common. What they want is something that stands out. Common, over produced, ordinary, doesn't stand out. (there might be a lesson in that?)

We are producing work that is designed to sell to buyers. The successful people here, know what they do and how to do that. I don't see someone new as a threat, based on the entrance exam being more open and inviting.

It's what happens after someone is allowed to upload, which matters. :)

I stopped caring about SS, that's a sad thing for me.

Don't upload anymore. Not worth my time..

Make almost same money on FT now like here, definitely FT is growing.

For me, it's the worst month in YEARS! If there's no video or EL download in the next 10 days, I will stay under the old $75 payout (I still get a few Dollars because they lowered the bar to a minimum of $35). But imagine that: There hasn't been a single month in over two years where I didn't earn at least $100 (my monthly nice pocket money). Come January 2016, and that's changed.

I hope, it's just the odd month out and changes back in Feb.

Best regards,

Christian

For me, it's the worst month in YEARS! If there's no video or EL download in the next 10 days, I will stay under the old $75 payout (I still get a few Dollars because they lowered the bar to a minimum of $35). But imagine that: There hasn't been a single month in over two years where I didn't earn at least $100 (my monthly nice pocket money). Come January 2016, and that's changed.

I hope, it's just the odd month out and changes back in Feb.

Best regards,

Christian

no, it's not an odd month, this place is falling apart...

Worst month? This has been my best month since I joined in June... Selling a quarter of my port on one day helped... I'll sell more images this month than I've actually got in my port.

I'm happy with that ratio even though most are at 25¢ because it's showing me that I'm still doing what the market wants and my rejection rate has dropped right off.

I just have been accepted as contributor after try hard like four times with 7/10 approval. The Funny thing is that other three failed times I always get 1/10 when it was 7/10 and now I get 7/10 when it get 1/10 to be accepted. Lol

There's a nice story with a touch of irony. :)

Here's to your new future.

As for the other parts which aren't anything to do with Review Process. My sales are steady as every, but I've never been a Shooting Star. Just get along with a steady trickle of sales. Aside from that, best January ever, eventually best will come back to the normal level, so I don't fret. There are good days and not so good. Better months and average. As long as I keep making the same or more each year, I'm pleased.

I don't think the early growth was sustainable and people should not have high expectations when it comes back to competition being 100 times more than a small number of years ago.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I want to ask why such a delay test photos, is used where the check in 1-2 hours and now after about 24 hours is a check.

How quickly images are reviewed changes from time to time. It depends on how many images need to be reviewed, how many reviewers are working etc. It can normally take 4 or 5 days for a review. Sometimes quicker sometimes slower. Its better than some other stock sites where it can take a month or longer.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sigh, great move. I got accepted the second time(6/10 first try and 8/10 the second) i tried and had to improve my skills to get accepted. Now everyone with a lucky shot will be able to join and then flood the reviewer with Facebook quality photos which will delay the review for those that actually know what they are doing, or are they also going to lower those standards in a few months when their plan backfires?? Lets keep the mobilephone photos on instagram and FB pls.