As has been noted by some. The footage reviews are still delayed. Please do not remove and reupload content unles sthere is a technical issue. This will in fact slow the review down even more for everyone. With a few exceptions everything is reviewed in the order it came in.

How do you know if there's a technical issue?  Log in and open "Waiting for review" in "Content Overview". 

You will need to re-upload & submit your content if any of the following occurs:

• there is an asterisk next to the batch or content
  • there is no thumbnail
  • after clicking the pencil (edit) icon you see the following message: "We can't find the content you wanted to edit, please check the ID (xxxxxxxxxx) and try again."

Our apologies again for the delays

Any news Vincent..... It's been 10 days since I uploaded and still no movement. I mean, is it days, weeks or months that it is expected to take?

There are no asterisks, missing thumbnails etc just no movement. They've already been passed off long ago elsewhere, within 2 hours of upload. Surely this can't be a long term thing?!? 

On other boards people are reporting over 1 month review times at SS. When will it get back to normal? Itś really frustrating, because the other major agency now has waiting times of over two months. Basically 80% of the market seems to be clogged up. I am trying to submit to smaller places, but SS was always the best for sales, so I really miss your speedy reviews.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks Sheila. Unlike submitting photos, I really can't seem to find a good place to get info about what they're looking for in terms of the tech requirements. Yes, I've looked at the upload info but there's not much there. Maybe I should kick start the footage critique forum... but hardly anyone hangs out there... 

for instance, can I strip out the audio and upload it as it's only ambient noise and not cleaned up or anything? 

I'm familiar (a little too familiar maybe!) with the typical photo rejections, but if footage takes two weeks to process, it'll be a long while before I get enough experience knowing what works and what doesn't with footage...

I listened to Laurin and he is right. Don't look to deep into the technical footage requirements keep it simple, I use a D750 for footage and in the dedicated menu for footage I turn the sound off and record in flat mode full HD at 30fps15-20 seconds long save as .mov

good to go. The few clips I have uploaded have all been accepted. CV is as important as photos, I try to add a little exposure to brighten up the scene.

Good luck

thanks for that. Very helpful. I kept it pretty simple! I forgot to turn off the sound but I can strip it out if it gets rejected for that. I shot at 25fps in full HD too.

I also uploaded as mp4 as I forgot to change to their .mov preference. As it was expressed as a preference in their guidelines, they can't reject it for being in mp4 format can they?

Hi. I'll try and answer - flat mode is the mode without any additional coloration (in some cameras there are color schemes named in this manner: Standard, Portrait, Vivid, Colorful, or similar, where the camera automatically boosts or decreases saturation, sharpening, contrast, etc...). I believe that's what mjowra meant.

Regarding sound: I also record without sound. But sometimes, I turn on the sound for some reason and then forget to turn it off when I shoot footage for stock - so not to worry, you can either remove it before uploading, or you can even leave it - if it is only ambient noise and there's no music or people speaking.

I hope this was helpful.

Btw, I miss the review times from about 6 months ago, when it was all much quicker. Now I even forget I've uploaded footage. And the funny thing is, when it's finally reviewed after weeks, there's an email containing the phrase "recently submitted" :D

• 2 months later...

Still waiting for a footage batch of 24/5, while later footage already gone through review process.

I wrote support 2 times, no answer... well it's not a main issue but I'd like to solve it.

It's been happening often lately, maybe since a few weeks ago. I still have some footage waiting to be reviewed, while some of the newly submitted were reviewed in under a day.

Eventually it all gets reviewed (at least it was like that the last time I paid attention :D )