email verification redirecting to unsecure page

Hi everyone,

We apologize for the confusion about the redirection of the email verification some of you received- we want to ensure that all users on our site are safe and secure and are taking an extra step to ensure that your data is safe. We have fixed the unsecure link now and would greatly appreciate if those that see the message can verify their email address. Thank you!

vincent

Hi everyone,

We apologize for the confusion about the redirection of the email verification some of you received- we want to ensure that all users on our site are safe and secure and are taking an extra step to ensure that your data is safe. We have fixed the unsecure link now and would greatly appreciate if those that see the message can verify their email address. Thank you!

vincent

Thank you Vincent.

Now that I hear it from the horses mouth I will verify.

i don't get it.  why are we being asked to verify our email addresses now?  AND the link in sent to my email says it the 1st step on becoming a contributor  (I've been a contributor for several years)  THEN when i click the link it tells me that link has expired.  lol.  I'm not feeling safe and secure vincent.  

I think its related to "Tell us about you and win a $100 Amazon gift card" survey. Maybe i'm wrong, but just as I took this survey I was asked to verify my email address.

Well, it's not uncommon for hackers to be successful in hacking sites of big companies. A while ago Adobe was hacked and credit card information obtained, including my own. Hiring a botnet is not all that expensive. I trust Shutterstock manages to keep our data safe, and whenever there is a data breach, we will be informed.