Sign in to follow this  
peanutdesign

Is 720 x 576 PAL 25fps dv allowed?

Hi admin,

I have submitted some footages straight from DV(PAL) but I got a warning note saying :

'A footage clip you recently submitted, Plant 001.avi, had an aspect ratio of 1.25, which is less than our required minimum aspect ratio of 1.33333.'

what is actually wrong with the aspect ratio? It is straight capture and trimmed in Vegas 5 and exported out as PAL DV(720x576,25fps).Please advise...I am confuse.

Thanks!

Thomas.

Hi admin,

I have submitted some footages straight from DV(PAL) but I got a warning note saying :

'A footage clip you recently submitted, Plant 001.avi, had an aspect ratio of 1.25, which is less than our required minimum aspect ratio of 1.33333.'

what is actually wrong with the aspect ratio? It is straight capture and trimmed in Vegas 5 and exported out as PAL DV(720x576,25fps).Please advise...I am confuse.

Thanks!

Thomas.

Our minimum aspect ratio that we accept is 1.333. If you take your dimensions (720/576 = 1.25) 1.25 is lower than our required 1.33. You would need a 720x540 if you wanted to use this type of resolution...

Hope this helps.

--Adam S. Kirschner

Programmer/Tech Support

ShutterStock, Inc.

I checked a description of PAL elsewhere on the web and the standard PAL resolution is indeed 720x576. I have seen several places in this forum where admin noted that PAL was going to be acceptable, therefore I would guess that this is just a simple startup glitch. I imagine that they are trying to automate things as much as possible and this is a simple software switch either not working or not in place yet. If the problem persists, probably the best action is to email support.

Jubal

Hi Admin!

I am a PAL resident too. And all the footage I get is 1.25 aspect ratio. As we have been told not to convert it to NTSC I think it should be accepted as it is because that's the PAL standard, it is not a personal standard or something like that. I think all this footage should be accepted else make PAL not acceptable so we do not loose time to make it and upload it.

Thank you!

Hi admin,

Thanks for the updates.But I think 720x540 is not a PAL standard broadcast format.Correct me if I am wrong.

I agree with mateimiruna,if PAL format is not acceptable..we will not upload them.:)

Cheers

PAL here too. I had received kinda same message that Thomas received. I didn't understand very well, then I uploaded again, in PAL standard without any particular configuration, because I thought that PAL was going to be acceptable anyway. Until now I didn't receive any message, but this means nothing. Maybe I'll receive it again, since I didn't change the format/ratio of my footage.

It's a pity that this subject is not very clear... I agree with the idea that if PAL is not compatible here, it should not be allowed and this should be clear for all of us. I spent a lot of time editing my video, even if it was short. Please let us know the technical requirements details for the footage you want. What about writing a tutorial to be available in the upload page or somewhere else in shutterstock? I am not talking about general guidelines about uploading, but about a detailed tutorial for footage training, all about stock footage standards, export formats, compatible ideal equipments to be used, etc. I know it's a lot of work, but I think it would be fantastic to have it! Thanks :-)

Yes, PAL is acceptable.

--Adam S. Kirschner

Programmer/Tech Support

ShutterStock, Inc.

Hi admin,

My footages has been pending for a very long time..i wonder why...please kindly advise me.

thanks

cheers,

Thomas

My uploaded footage number has also gone to zero. I haven't received any emails either way to say whether it has been accepted or rejected.

An update would be much appreciated.

--Philip

My uploaded footage number has also gone to zero. I haven't received any emails either way to say whether it has been accepted or rejected.

An update would be much appreciated.

Actually, clicking on the "Waiting to be reviewed" Go buttn still shows ten pending clips, so they still appear to be waiting to be reviewed.

--Philip