Taras Kushnir

Xpiks - open source software for microstocker

Hi! :)

I just found the time to try out x-piks and it's an amazing piece of software! :)

However, I have a question (or feature suggestion?) - is it possible to copy not only keywords, but the whole set of meatada (keywords, title, description) from one image to another (or multiple images)?

That would be great if (made) possible!

Thanks in advance :)

Hi! :)

I just found the time to try out x-piks and it's an amazing piece of software! :)

However, I have a question (or feature suggestion?) - is it possible to copy not only keywords, but the whole set of meatada (keywords, title, description) from one image to another (or multiple images)?

That would be great if (made) possible!

Thanks in advance :)

Hi

This feature as you describe it will be available in the next release (1.4) which will be available soon.

For now you can simulate it with the following scenario:

- Select the images you want to fill from 1 image and that image itself

- press "Edit" (that will open multiple images edit dialog)

- select the image, which medatada you want to copy to the other images

- press "Assign from selected"

- ensure everything is like you want

- press save

Regards

Hi

This feature as you describe it will be available in the next release (1.4) which will be available soon.

For now you can simulate it with the following scenario:

- Select the images you want to fill from 1 image and that image itself

- press "Edit" (that will open multiple images edit dialog)

- select the image, which medatada you want to copy to the other images

- press "Assign from selected"

- ensure everything is like you want

- press save

Regards

Thank you very much for the fast reply!

I will test it first thing in the morning :)

If I also might suggest a feature for the upcoming version: alphabetical sort of keywords during keywording - it's easier to spot redundant keywords if they are arranged in some way :)

I don't think this is the same request as ubazon's but would it be possible to have all keywords added using the suggestion tool also copied to any picture that is currently "checked?" I have been selecting multiple pictures of the same type and then using the keyword suggestion tool, but when I click add keywords, it only adds them to the first picture and not all. 

Thanks! And Love the software btw.

I don't think this is the same request as ubazon's but would it be possible to have all keywords added using the suggestion tool also copied to any picture that is currently "checked?" I have been selecting multiple pictures of the same type and then using the keyword suggestion tool, but when I click add keywords, it only adds them to the first picture and not all. 

Thanks! And Love the software btw.

Just select that images and press "Edit". You will be able to edit all of them at once (including using Keyword suggestion tool to add keywords to all of them at the same time)

Just select that images and press "Edit". You will be able to edit all of them at once (including using Keyword suggestion tool to add keywords to all of them at the same time)

Thanks, I'll try that.

I'm pleased to announce Xpiks 1.4 "spring" release!

Here's detailed overview https://ribtoks.github.io/xpiks/blog/2017/xpiks-14-detailed-features

New features at a glance:

- presets for keywords
- additional quick buffer for convenient editing
- support for user dictionary of misspelled words
- ability to fix spelling in multiple files at once
- detailed view of failed uploads
- find and replace functionality
- batch keywords removal functionality
- support of StarDict dictionaries for translation
- ability to show current file on disk
- recombining selected artworks in multiple edit dialog
- automatic updates

There's a new bugfix release of Xpiks available - 1.4.1. This release focuses on fixing bugs related to the new UI. Also Windows users unfortunately will be able to enjoy automatic update experience only starting with this version due to the bug in 1.4 release. Please update via website! Enjoy!

Hello Taras Kushnir,

i was trying to add eps file but it says no new files were added. for images its working fine but for eps file still no luck. 

I am using windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit. i did try both version 32 and 64.

e0d7c694db2c4f2c9437340614fb40af.png

Please let me know how to fix this issue.

Thanks

Please let me know how to fix this issue.

Hi

It works like that: you either add vector file alongside with the preview or you add a preview and Xpiks automatically looks for vector file. You will see a small icon on the image saying that this is a preview with vector attached.

For the microstocks it makes no sense to keyword the EPS itself. You always keyword a preview and add vector separately.

Regards

Hi

It works like that: you either add vector file alongside with the preview or you add a preview and Xpiks automatically looks for vector file. You will see a small icon on the image saying that this is a preview with vector attached.

For the microstocks it makes no sense to keyword the EPS itself. You always keyword a preview and add vector separately.

Regards

Thanks  Taras

I downloaded the software for windows 7, the correct version (I have checked), it works fine, but when I try to get suggestions, this error apears: SSL connect error. How can I fix this? (it does not happen on other sites, or when I use google chrome)

xpiks screenshot.jpg

On 6/4/2017 at 4:26 AM, Carmen A3 said:

I downloaded the software for windows 7, the correct version (I have checked), it works fine, but when I try to get suggestions, this error apears: SSL connect error. How can I fix this? (it does not happen on other sites, or when I use google chrome)

Hello Carmen

That's a shame you see this error. First of all, which version of Windows 7 are you using? 32- or 64-bit one?

Secondly, can you confirm you see files "ssleay32.dll" and "libeay32.dll" in the same directory where you launch "xpiks-qt.exe" from?

Also maybe you have some antivirus which for some reason damages Xpiks distribution (quarantines aforementioned files etc.)?

18 hours ago, Taras Kushnir said:

Hello Carmen

That's a shame you see this error. First of all, which version of Windows 7 are you using? 32- or 64-bit one?

Secondly, can you confirm you see files "ssleay32.dll" and "libeay32.dll" in the same directory where you launch "xpiks-qt.exe" from?

Also maybe you have some antivirus which for some reason damages Xpiks distribution (quarantines aforementioned files etc.)?

Hello! Thank you for your reply and help!

I can see these 2 files. I am using the 32 bit version. I have Bitdefender as an antivirus. I have tried to click the file (from the Xpiks folder) named „ministaller” (do I have to click/ install this or not?), but the antivirus stops it every time. I do not have the files you mentioned in quarantine.

On 6/7/2017 at 6:05 AM, Carmen A3 said:

I can see these 2 files. I am using the 32 bit version. I have Bitdefender as an antivirus. I have tried to click the file (from the Xpiks folder) named „ministaller” (do I have to click/ install this or not?), but the antivirus stops it every time. I do not have the files you mentioned in quarantine.

Hi again. Do not run ministaller.exe - this is just Xpiks updater (also you can add it to your Antivirus exceptions if you want Xpiks to be updated automatically next time).

Regarding "SSL connect error" - yes, I can confirm 32-bit version of Xpiks has some missing dependencies and I'm looking into it. I will let you know when you can redownload it. Thanks!

On 6/7/2017 at 6:05 AM, Carmen A3 said:

Please try downloading 32-bit version from the website again and write back to me if that works now for you.

I'm happy to announce new Xpiks release with Video support, improved presets, session management, automatic import and many many other features.

Read blogpost with detailed overview in Xpiks Blog http://xpiksapp.com/2018/01/14/xpiks-15-overview/

Those who use Facebook, don't forget to like and share Xpiks Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/xpiksapp

Short changelog:

Major changes:

• Support for Video files
  • Words semantic analysis (duplicates detection)
  • Presets groups and autocompletion
  • Session management
  • CSV export
  • New shiny UI
  • Automatic metadata import support
  • Directories filtering
  • New languages: Hungarian, Indonesian, Polish and Turkish

Minor changes:

• Hotkeys to switch artworks in one item editing mode
  • Ability to clear all EXIF metadata from image files
  • Suggestion images loading improvement

The video part isn't working for me. The thumb nail images are black on import and the programme goes into 'not responding' mode on trying to save any changes. Metadata does import when I try again, but it's not visible on the actual files outside of Xpiks, and because I can't save in the programme I also can not move on to uploading.

I've also noticed other bugs with warnings for images. They aren't always correct and don't alaways update on making changes to correct the genuinely incorrect ones. IE Title has to many characters (202), on changing and saving shows as the same warning with (196) or whatever. When it should no longer be a warning at all.

14 minutes ago, Linda Bestwick said:

The video part isn't working for me. The thumb nail images are black on import and the programme goes into 'not responding' mode on trying to save any changes. Metadata does import when I try again, but it's not visible on the actual files outside of Xpiks, and because I can't save in the programme I also can not move on to uploading.

I've also noticed other bugs with warnings for images. They aren't always correct and don't alaways update on making changes to correct the genuinely incorrect ones. IE Title has to many characters (202), on changing and saving shows as the same warning with (196) or whatever. When it should no longer be a warning at all.

Hi Linda

There was a known issue with video thumbnails. If your Xpiks version is lower than 1.5.0.5 then please download new one from the website. Regarding metadata saving - can you please elaborate on that? Also sending the logs will help a lot (http://xpiksapp.com/2015/09/03/how-to-report-an-error/)

I will look into the issue with warning as well, thank you for reporting it.

Xpiks tutorials are ready!

Do you know how to batch delete keywords or to copy all metadata from image in keywords suggestion? Master QuickBuffer, Hotkeys, Presets groups, CSV and many other topics in more than 25 free short screencasted lessons! Suitable both for novices and power users.

http://xpiksapp.com/tutorials/

Please don't forget to like Xpiks page on Facebook to support the project!

Hello!

Is there a way to change the number of keywords in a batch of images, fast and easily ?

I need to reduce the number of keys in his metas, go from the usual 50 to only 30, and I need to do it with about 4,000 images all with different metakeys... Let´s ay, delete the last 20 keys that each image has, whatever they are.

Thankssssssss

3 hours ago, Joaquin Corbalan said:

Hello!

Is there a way to change the number of keywords in a batch of images, fast and easily ?

I need to reduce the number of keys in his metas, go from the usual 50 to only 30, and I need to do it with about 4,000 images all with different metakeys... Let´s ay, delete the last 20 keys that each image has, whatever they are.

Thankssssssss

Hi

Of course this is possible. There're 2 ways to do it.

1. Batch Editing (tutorial https://xpiksapp.com/tutorials/batch-basic/) using Partial changes (https://xpiksapp.com/tutorials/batch-partial/) - you set new keywords in a batch. This way all images will have same keywords (the ones that you will specify)
2. Deleting keywords from a batch (https://xpiksapp.com/tutorials/howto-delete-keywords/) - you specify keywords that you would like to remove in selected images. This way you will only remove keywords in a number of images in a batch.