Taras Kushnir

Xpiks - open source software for microstocker

Hello Taras,

Many thanks for your message and action.

For me, same here: the letters of "Add files or Clear the filter", in green on a black background is very very small. The fonts are the same, as compare to the versions I had yesterday. Did I miss something ?

When did you download new version and where from?

The version with the fix (which I verified on Surface Pro 4) was updated today after 17:00 GMT+2. If you downloaded it before I would kindly ask you to try again. Also if that wouldn't help I would ask you to tell me letters and number close to Xpiks version in the File -> About dialog.

Thank you

I DL it from the link you provided in your last message. I did it again few minutes ago.

As for the numbers after the version: 342a8e2145 (gosh, these small fonts :-)

And last thing: Avast Deepscreen is poping up when I click on "execute". he previous version was OK (I am no recall of any Avast warning or so), but for this one, I have to wait untill the scan is over, but in fact, that does never happen: the scan takes eternity and i have to stop it (then, it stops also Xpiks with a message error).

I have to turn Avast off for an hour to b abble to launch Xpiks with no warning msg or scan.

I DL it from the link you provided in your last message. I did it again few minutes ago.

As for the numbers after the version: 342a8e2145 (gosh, these small fonts :-)

And last thing: Avast Deepscreen is poping up when I click on "execute". he previous version was OK (I am no recall of any Avast warning or so), but for this one, I have to wait untill the scan is over, but in fact, that does never happen: the scan takes eternity and i have to stop it (then, it stops also Xpiks with a message error).

I have to turn Avast off for an hour to b abble to launch Xpiks with no warning msg or scan.

I've answerred you with private message regarding next steps.

Regarding Avast - there were such problems from some users from microstock group forum with Avast. I don't know what's wrong with Avast or it's settings. Anyway, Xpiks source code is opened (https://github.com/Ribtoks/xpiks) so you are always able to check by yourself or third-parties that I'm not sending viruses to your computer. That's not what I need to get more users for Xpiks, right?

Regards.

Would it be possible to add a status bar type thing to the icon when pinned in the task bar? I hope you know what I'm trying to say! It would be useful when uploading and doing something else at the same time. That way I can just glance at the icon rather than clicking pages back and forth to see if it's finished.

Would it be possible to add a status bar type thing to the icon when pinned in the task bar? I hope you know what I'm trying to say! It would be useful when uploading and doing something else at the same time. That way I can just glance at the icon rather than clicking pages back and forth to see if it's finished.

Hi. Yes, it's possible. I'll add this in one of the future releases.

Xpiks release 1.2 is out! http://ribtoks.github.io/xpiks/blog/2016/third-stable-release
Windows and OS X build are available, Linux build soon.

Actually this release was supposed to be later, but because of tons of users experiencing “cannot find Exiftool on Mac” problem, I decided that some features will slip into next Xpiks 1.3 release and this one will be publicly available ASAP.

Major features of this release:

• switching between list and grid view options
  • ability to explicitly attach vectors to previews
  • automatic exiftool detection for OS X users
  • upload progress reporting in taskbar on Windows
  • ability to correctly upload vectors to Dreamstime (to the ‘additional’ directory)
  • logs are now highlighted

Just downloaded and tried it. First impression- it is great and exactly what I was looking for! Couple of questions/ suggestions:

* Is Fotolia supported? I cannot connect to Fotolia's FTP and I cannot seem to find out why. Is there an easy to access error log for connections?

* Would there be a way to have a list of known sites with their default FTP settings so that a user can log in?

Looking forward to using it more and for updates!!!

Just downloaded and tried it. First impression- it is great and exactly what I was looking for! Couple of questions/ suggestions:

* Is Fotolia supported? I cannot connect to Fotolia's FTP and I cannot seem to find out why. Is there an easy to access error log for connections?

* Would there be a way to have a list of known sites with their default FTP settings so that a user can log in?

Looking forward to using it more and for updates!!!

Hi

Glad you liked it.

Fotolia's FTP is definitely supported (just the day before yesterday I uploaded some files there). Please check your settings, you need special credentials for Fotolia's FTP, not just your username and password. They provide these credentials in the upload section if you will choose "Upload with FTP".

Yes, I'm going to provide a list of popular microstocks with FTP settings for them in the future release (1.3).

Hello Taras,

I just have problem to upload to SS, not working for me (I checked the password and login but no way). Otherwise, it works great. Many many thanks!

Second question: Do I have to have another file in the same folder as the original file when I want to "write" on the picture the keywords and the title ?

Third and last question: when the settings for the size of the font is "2" (i.e. my previous request), I cannot see the "minimize  / expand my window" or "close the software" icons, usually in the hight right corner of each software. When I put it back to "1", then, I can "minimize", "close,"etc. the window of the software, but then, I have the same problem as before: the fonts are way too small.

Again, fantastic work!

Christine

Hello Taras,

I just have problem to upload to SS, not working for me (I checked the password and login but no way).

Hi Christine

1. Did you try "Test connection" button before upload? If it works, but upload doesn't work, send me the logs. Did you check that host for shutterstock is "ftp.shutterstock.com" (without quotes). Unfortunately, I suspect it's a typo somewhere rather than bug in upload, because actually it works for many people (including me).

2. Keywords and other metadata are being written to the image itself when you "Save" your edited images. No other files are neede for upload to stocks. .xpiks files are just useful backups. You can read more here http://ribtoks.github.io/xpiks/blog/2015/what-are-xpks

3. It's because of strange resolution of Windows 8 on Surface Pro 3. You can make Xpiks to fit the screen size using Windows + Arrow Up key. Also you can access all keys you want in the task bar with right-click on the xpiks application space.

Many thanks Taras,

No typo, but I unchecked the "Disable FTP passive mode" and it worked... Well, I don't really  know if it worked, as I am still waiting for my pics to appear in SS, but at least the "test  was green. If I check the "Disable FTP passive mode", the test turns red.

Many thanks Taras,

No typo, but I unchecked the "Disable FTP passive mode" and it worked... Well, I don't really  know if it worked, as I am still waiting for my pics to appear in SS, but at least the "test  was green. If I check the "Disable FTP passive mode", the test turns red.

Yes, Passive mode should be enabled for Shutterstock. Maybe you accidentaly turned it off. Glad it works now.

Hello Taras,

some more feedback from me :)  

Recently, the upload to several stocks at the same time is not working very well. It get interrupt with a "failure" red line (which does not indicates which one failed by the way). If I upload two stocks by two stocks, its ok.

Another issue with the keywords: I have the problem of the keywords and titles or description not showing once uploaded... on every stocks. I saved my work before to upload, so it is not that (and I did the same before and it was working). So maybe a temporary trouble ?

Best!

Christine

Hello Taras,

some more feedback from me :)

Recently, the upload to several stocks at the same time is not working very well. It get interrupt with a "failure" red line (which does not indicates which one failed by the way). If I upload two stocks by two stocks, its ok.

Another issue with the keywords: I have the problem of the keywords and titles or description not showing once uploaded... on every stocks. I saved my work before to upload, so it is not that (and I did the same before and it was working). So maybe a temporary trouble ?

Best!

Christine

Hi

Please, submit logs with your failure. Your description doesn't say much to me. It can be anything.

Also with keywords not appearing. Please, send me the logs so I can take a look. Xpiks does not send part of images so keywords can be "forgotten". So I suppose there was something with saving.

So I'm waiting for logs (please, upload to pastebin.com) and I'll investigate what possible went wrong.

Thank you for the feedback.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong? When I open the program and try to add files it shuts down. I'm on Windows 8.1

Thanks in advance.

I have posted my log and question on the forum over there. I don't get a chance to add any pics, it locks up straight away.

I've only uploaded to one site so far but it worked beautifully once I changed to drag and drop my files. Thanks Taras, I love it!

I've only uploaded to one site so far but it worked beautifully once I changed to drag and drop my files. Thanks Taras, I love it!

Glad you liked it!

I will try to figure out what's wrong with you setup if you will try to generate stuff I've sent you through support forums.

Cheers!

Today I announce release of Xpiks 1.3! This is a very big release which introduces plenty of new features and bugfixes. Just take a look:

Major features of this release:

- autocompletion for keywords in English
- localization to 5 languages (Ukrainian, Spanish, Catalan, Russian, German) and 2 more ongoing (French and Portuguese)
- keywords suggestion from iStock and Fotolia (in addition to Shutterstock and Local files)
- brand new color theme for Xpiks
- basic hotkeys support (Ctrl+A - Select All, Ctrl+E - Edit selected, Ctrl+S - Save selected, Ctrl+F - search/filter, Ctrl+Del - delete selected, Shift+Ctrl+U - Upload selected)
- dozen of predefined FTP addresses of stocks
- improvements for keywords suggestion algorithm
- watching for removal of files, edited in Xpiks and appropriate notifications
- unification and improvements of UI

Bugfixes:

- annoying jumping scroll in keywords fields
- incorrect warnings for non-existent properties
- preliminary fix for paths with non-latin characters in Windows

Also Exiftool for Windows builds was updated to the latest one (10.16 at the moment) and this will first launch can last a bit longer, but all following will be as quick as before.

You might have already received an auto-update, but if not, welcome to Downloads page http://ribtoks.github.io/xpiks/downloads/

Please, support Xpiks in Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Xpiks-748703535265682/or by donation of any amount via PayPal (you can find Donate on the Downloads page)

Is there any way to turn off the smooth scrolling in 1.3? In old versions I could use the scroll wheel to move up image by image but now even the slightest turn of the wheel scrolls up or down by several images and makes it more of a pain to use than it is worth.