Giancarlo Liguori

Success stories

For me it is a residual income - my other work includes translating and Proof Reading, which are also residual incomes :) As I understand the golden years of Microstock Photography are well behind us, however people still make money especially with video files.... my aim is to shoot bigger value images, and to increase my port. Will I retire on this, most likely not - but it's fun :)

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing your story. It's true that it's harder and harder to live with microstock only. Except for rare cases, most contributors have it as a second income (including you and me).

It's interesting you mentioned the videos. I saw posts from people who are now investing only on footages now.

John. My advice is make this 20% of your Income as a photographer and you'll do fine. there are Sooooo many different ways to make money with Image making.90% don't want any more or don't care to do the work it takes to do it. Or honestly Probably don't have the talent. It's a Business. Photography is only the medium and the product, selling it is the business part along with selling yourself.

John. My advice is make this 20% of your Income as a photographer and you'll do fine. there are Sooooo many different ways to make money with Image making.90% don't want any more or don't care to do the work it takes to do it. Or honestly Probably don't have the talent. It's a Business. Photography is only the medium and the product, selling it is the business part along with selling yourself.

Thanks Laurin

Your information is as always inspiring and eye-opening - thanks for the share