Well, it's official. My all time best selling image in number of sales was done with my pocket cam. Not a shoot, either. We were really just walking the dogs in seedy Sunset Park, Brooklyn, when I grabbed my Fuji X100s out of my pocket, laid down in the spilled beer, vomit, poop stains & lord knows what else & got this shot.

I did try to recreate it with the D810. Never quite came off.

One tip wrt to the Fuji--I'd set it on three shot bursts to get this one.

Not only does it have the highest number of sales, but if one factors in time in the port, its success is downright phenomenal. It's sold five times just today.

Was it Ike who once said to the effect: While I've found plans to be useless, I find planning to be essential. Something like that.

In addition to leading Allied forces to victory in Europe, he must have been a dog owner.

andy

post-1373580-0-37290100-1440613690_thumb.jpg

Well, it's official. My all time best selling image in number of sales was done with my pocket cam. Not a shoot, either. We were really just walking the dogs in seedy Sunset Park, Brooklyn, when I grabbed my Fuji X100s out of my pocket, laid down in the spilled beer, vomit, poop stains & lord knows what else & got this shot.

I did try to recreate it with the D810. Never quite came off.

One tip wrt to the Fuji--I'd set it on three shot bursts to get this one.

Not only does it have the highest number of sales, but if one factors in time in the port, its success is downright phenomenal. It's sold five times just today.

Was it Ike who once said to the effect: While I've found plans to be useless, I find planning to be essential. Something like that.

In addition to leading Allied forces to victory in Europe, he must have been a dog owner.

andy

National Dog day Aug 26

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

It has sold since day one, but the tempo of sales has increased since mid-May when it went in. Yesterday wound up selling 9 times (all sub), but often goes on demand as well. I think at this point it's logged about 210 sales. Not great shakes compared to some ports, I know, but in a mostly-editorial port that's a good number.

Occurred to me just yesterday that instead of trying to do more stills along the same line I ought to try a short video.

We did lose one dog--the poodle nearly cut off on the right--she went back to her owner. Five ought to provide impact & be a tiny bit easier to manage.

& Barry, I couldn't believe that aside from a promotion for a Broadway play, there wasn't anything really happening here in NYC for National Dog Day (was also International Women's Day, so I covered a few events pertaining to that).

andy

Some images have that peculiarity, why? Your guess is as good as mine. The thing is, if you try to do a similar one, it does not have the same effect.  Great work man..!

Many thanks, Bert.

& the rest of your comments are so spot on right--a mere thumbs up wouldn't convey how much I agree in every particular...

andy

Very nice.

My best seller is the generic fire-rescue helicopter shown (737 dl).

Funny thing, my previous best seller was the surfing shot shown (530dl) until SS changed their software a couple years ago and it never sold since!

post-1347642-0-37852900-1441073579_thumb.jpg