What are y'all's Dream Vacations like?

Would you go someplace far far away with no people, and leave the camera home?

Would you go to The Big City you've always wanted to see, and shoot everything you can find?

Would you go to the cold, the warm, the mountains, the beach, or somewhere different?

Would you stay lazy the whole time so you could relax and rest, or would you have a tight schedule of fun things to do -  sports, hobbies, other entertainment?

Would you go alone or with a group of people, or just with your better half?

What would be the best thing you could bring back from that Dream Vacation?

Share your Dreams! One, two, three, GO!

:D

I've already had my dream "vacation": a week in Grand Cayman paid - by my TV station - to cover the story of a young Muscular Dystrophy patient who had learned to SCUBA dive.  The story's reporter and I were sent there to cover his open water dives in July, 1990.  He had been training in a pool all winter and spring.  The 3-part story culminated in his receipt of his PADI dive certification.  No other MD patient had done so before.  I don't know if any have done so since.  You can see some of the underwater video I shot for the story (and top side stuff, too) here:

i don't know about dream vacation, but I still want to see Ireland and go back to Paris France (especially now that I know a bit more French). Camera comes with me of course. I feel like it'd be more fun with the entire family, but just me and my husband would be good too. That's how we traveled the Bahama's. Definitely need to do more research next time on the off seasons. We were in Europe in July/August and that's when they are on vacation, so quite a few of the shops and restaurants were closed on holiday at the time.

I'm living mine. Not as a vacation, but a lifestyle. So, far I've been to 8 states in the west. A couple of them twice. Been on the road for almost a year now. Next stop will be Grand Teton and Yellowstone Nat'l Parks. But not for a few more weeks because I want to wait until after the Labor Day holiday. I'm thinking next year will be mostly the Pacific Northwest. Still on my list: Glacier National Park, which I hope to get to next year, and Alaska, which may be a couple more years down the road. But, who knows. I try not to plan too much and let the wind blow me where it wants me to go.  :P

I'm living mine. Not as a vacation, but a lifestyle. So, far I've been to 8 states in the west. A couple of them twice. Been on the road for almost a year now. Next stop will be Grand Teton and Yellowstone Nat'l Parks. But not for a few more weeks because I want to wait until after the Labor Day holiday. I'm thinking next year will be mostly the Pacific Northwest. Still on my list: Glacier National Park, which I hope to get to next year, and Alaska, which may be a couple more years down the road. But, who knows. I try not to plan too much and let the wind blow me where it wants me to go.  :P

Yeah! I did that for 15 years with my 4x5. It sounds like you are having fun so do what you can for as long as you can!  :)

http://www.mikenortonphotography.com

Well I got back last thursday morning from a 2.5 weeks long vacation in Las Vegas soooo been there, done that. May not go back for at least a couple of years.

I really want to go to Universal Studios, Florida, so I can get into the Harry Potter world. I know, stereotypical American vacation but I want to go at least once. =)

Well I got back last thursday morning from a 2.5 weeks long vacation in Las Vegas soooo been there, done that. May not go back for at least a couple of years.

I really want to go to Universal Studios, Florida, so I can get into the Harry Potter world. I know, stereotypical American vacation but I want to go at least once. =)

My kids really want to go to Harry Potter World too. They were bummed it was opened in Florida and not California. We did Disneyworld once so we could say we went, but I have to say, it's not significantly better then Disneyland (enough to make me want to go there anyway - especially since the latter is so much closer and cheaper for us). 

My kids really want to go to Harry Potter World too. They were bummed it was opened in Florida and not California. We did Disneyworld once so we could say we went, but I have to say, it's not significantly better then Disneyland (enough to make me want to go there anyway - especially since the latter is so much closer and cheaper for us). 

Hehe ya I got family in both Vegas and Cali, so I've done the Universal Studios and Disneyland in Cali already. A few times, in fact. 

Just need to save up for Harry Potter World. =D

I have more than one.

1) I would like to turn in French Polynesia (not only Tahiti) where I have been in 1976, 1978, 1980.
I have travelled many island where the tourists don't go.
But they told me that today it is not what it was at this time… :(

2) Mongolia (with bicycle?)

3) Patagonia

…without camera? This is another story

I had many dream vacations over the years and I fulfilled most of them by setting foot on all 7 continents in about 80 countries and dependencies including remote and exotic areas like the Galapagos Islands, Easter Island, the Great Barrier Reef, the Amazon, Svalbard Islands (8 consecutive days of 24-hour daylight), Kiribati...etc.

I was in Kenya 20 years ago and we were so impressed that we always said and dreamed we would go back to Africa one day. That day is finally approaching as we are leaving in less than 2 weeks for South Africa and Namibia for 3 weeks. We are going with our son who was there last year. We will have a private plane for 6 days in Namibia to save time and to have beautiful views from the air. If you want to see what I expect to see over there, you can check my son's site at www.photopat.ca in the wildlife, cities and landscapes galleries.

After that trip, I will have to find another dream.