Anyone else get this payout email?

I posted this in the "earnings" forum, but have yet to get a response.  I thought I would post it here, too, because this seems to be a more active forum.

I received this email just a few minutes ago, which reads, in part,

If you have not updated your account, please remember to change your minimum pay-out. The lowest pay-out you can receive is $35.

So I went to my account settings and tried to change it.  After saving and checking it again, however, it had reverted back to $500.  Is this because I haven't received my first payout yet?  Is a $35 minimum payout required to get paid?

The email follows:

If you have already lowered your minimum pay-out, please check your PayPal or Skrill (Moneybookers) account to make sure that it is Active, Verified and able to Receive payments. Be sure that any changes to your PayPal or Skrill (Moneybookers) account are updated in your Shutterstock account.

My account was originally set to receive payouts as a check made out to me.  Is this not a viable payout method anymore?  I set my account to Paypal, but would still prefer to receive a paper check via snail-mail.  Why does this email make it sound like Paypal or Moneybookers are the only viable payment options left when "receive a check" is still an option on the account page?

Any guidance available Vincent?

I posted this in the "earnings" forum, but have yet to get a response.  I thought I would post it here, too, because this seems to be a more active forum.

I received this email just a few minutes ago, which reads, in part,

So I went to my account settings and tried to change it.  After saving and checking it again, however, it had reverted back to $500.  Is this because I haven't received my first payout yet?  Is a $35 minimum payout required to get paid?

The email follows:

My account was originally set to receive payouts as a check made out to me.  Is this not a viable payout method anymore?  I set my account to Paypal, but would still prefer to receive a paper check via snail-mail.  Why does this email make it sound like Paypal or Moneybookers are the only viable payment options left when "receive a check" is still an option on the account page?

Any guidance available Vincent?

i think the $35 payout is via Paypal

for cheque i think the minimum is still $500

I just don't understand why one would want to lower the payout amount.

The e-mail is also worded as if saying: "You gotta go do it or you will perish!".

:wacko:

well, if you dont make the $75 threshold, its a nice provision available for low income earners

on the flip side, you could look at it as an ominous sign of what will happen in the future

on the flip side, you could look at it as an ominous sign of what will happen in the future

This was my concern.  Are they anticipating lower sales for individuals with resultant drops in monthly earnings?  Are they seriously looking at instituting the crazy BigStock payment scheme on SS?  There are valid economic reasons for doing something like this, particularly if they have a high number of very low earner contributors, but for those of us who routinely make or exceed payout at the old levels, it's nothing to be concerned over ... yet.

It is a lower minimum payout level to allow people who have electronic payment and less than $75 in earnings to receive a payment. If you do not want to lower it, then simply don't do it. You can set it as high as $2000.

ps. I'm moving this thread to the earnings/payments forum.