Hi,

Just thought I would pick up on another comment that was raised here. I know that we have the galleries for critique and we are able to add links to images that are online either here or elsewhere. Would it also be an idea to offer a gallery section in ShutterChat for images that are not online yet?

Possible uses could be for photo ideas or images that people are working on for other projects (although I guess that could come under critique).

Just thought I would offer it as a suggestion.

Chris

I don't understand how the new Critiques forum works. We used to be able to upload samples of full images plus 100% crops (before putting them online anywhere), so people could give advice on focus, noise, etc. Now the section marked 'Critiques Forum' just contains a few thumbnails with no posts and no explanation of what it's for or how to use it.

The old system worked well and was very useful. The phrase 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' comes to mind! ;)

I don't understand how the new Critiques forum works. We used to be able to upload samples of full images plus 100% crops (before putting them online anywhere), so people could give advice on focus, noise, etc. Now the section marked 'Critiques Forum' just contains a few thumbnails with no posts and no explanation of what it's for or how to use it.

The old system worked well and was very useful. The phrase 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' comes to mind! ;)

Works the same way as it did before.

These new forums are so easy yet most everyone here seems to not be able to figure it out?

CRITIQUE is for just that CRITIQUE and TIPS & TRICKS is for any TIPS & TRICKS anyone cares to share.

Makes perfect sense.

I read a couple of weeks back that there is a size that is required to posting to these threads - I thought it was 100 pixels to the longest side - Does anyone know? I reduced an image to 100 pixels longest side but hey 33kB is not something I want anyone to critique! So sorry is there an ideal image size to post here? I can't find the original posting now obviously.

I read a couple of weeks back that there is a size that is required to posting to these threads - I thought it was 100 pixels to the longest side - Does anyone know? I reduced an image to 100 pixels longest side but hey 33kB is not something I want anyone to critique! So sorry is there an ideal image size to post here? I can't find the original posting now obviously.

On the old forum the images needed to be no more than 500 pixels on the longest side. Not sure if that has changed with the new ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Works the same way as it did before.

These new forums are so easy yet most everyone here seems to not be able to figure it out?

If it really did work exactly as it did before, then there wouldn't be anything to figure out.  The fact that some people have not figured it out indicates that it does NOT work exactly as it did before.  

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/19/2015 at 2:40 PM, Jane McIlroy said:

I don't understand how the new Critiques forum works. We used to be able to upload samples of full images plus 100% crops (before putting them online anywhere), so people could give advice on focus, noise, etc. Now the section WalgreensListens marked 'Critiques Forum' just contains a few thumbnails with no posts and no explanation of what it's for or how to use it.

these new discussions are so natural yet most everybody here appears to not have the option to sort it out?

• 4 months later...

As the title poses, what other photography sites do you all frequent ? I am trying to learn photography. I learn by engrossing myself in subject matter and material, but reddit and instagram "#photography" will only get me so far lol. So I'm on the hunt for other prominent, interesting or informational sites you all may have !

Thanks all

Woahhh. Just got home from work. I wasn't expecting such a huge response ! Thanks so much to everyone who contributed, and I cant wait to sort through all of these

My Lowes Life

7 hours ago, Weissnat said:

As the title poses, what other photography sites do you all frequent ? I am trying to learn photography. I learn by engrossing myself in subject matter and material, but reddit and instagram "#photography" will only get me so far lol. So I'm on the hunt for other prominent, interesting or informational sites you all may have !

Thanks all

Woahhh. Just got home from work. I wasn't expecting such a huge response ! Thanks so much to everyone who contributed, and I cant wait to sort through all of these

My Lowes Life

You posted your question in a 6-year old thread on a sub forum that is irrelevant to your question, and which not many people ever look at.

You could go to

https://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/forum/19-contributor-experience/

and start a new thread, and chances are you might get more replies.

:)