Resubmission Conspiracy

While I really appreciate the opportunity to provide a platform for the discussion of the latest hot topic, I was really hoping to get a couple of responses addressing my original question "the rejection of previously rejected photos for irrelevant reasons" (see original post).

Reg the image I mentioned in my previous post, the support suggested I either get a PR signed by the state, or submit it as editorial.

I went for the latter. This time the image got rejected for "Overuse--Image has excessive noise reduction and/or excessive sharpening effects applied".

Whatever. I'm not going to resubmit it again.

• 4 years later...

Popular topic this is... rejections for not having property releases are a hurdle for SS. Property releases on buildings might be a requirement in the USA, but they certainly are not in other countries. I shoot my images in Australia, where nobody has ever heard of the need to get property releases on buildings. Sure if you were an architect you would wind up in trouble copying someone else's design, but we are talking photographic scenes here, not designing buildings. But if SS need property releases on images that focus on buildings then I guess someone else will be supplying images depicting Australian buildings. I will not be chasing property releases in Australia. Even with people... in Australia, nobody seen from public places has a right not to be photographed. We do however have a say on how candid images taken of ourselves may be used—if that entails commercial endorsement or demaitory application. Model releases I can relate to, but not property releases in my country. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 7:18 AM, Flexigav said:

Popular topic this is... rejections for not having property releases are a hurdle for SS. Property releases on buildings might be a requirement in the USA, but they certainly are not in other countries. I shoot my images in Australia, where nobody has ever heard of the need to get property releases on buildings. Sure if you were an architect you would wind up in trouble copying someone else's design, but we are talking photographic scenes here, not designing buildings. But if SS need property releases on images that focus on buildings then I guess someone else will be supplying images depicting Australian buildings. I will not be chasing property releases in Australia. Even with people... in Australia, nobody seen from public places has a right not to be photographed. We do however have a say on how candid images taken of ourselves may be used—if that entails commercial endorsement or demaitory application. Model releases I can relate to, but not property releases in my country. 

Yes, popular in 2015 :D

But unfortunately still relevant today