Sold for the 1st time today

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have $.10 sales sure, but I also have other values. For example,  $4.35 $29.85 $2.94 $26.94 $1.47 $0.87 $0.75 $2.

First sale ever one week after joining

Winding Road Leading to Denali Mountain in Alaska.  Approved last week and sold for the 1st time today. https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/winding-road-leading-denali-mountain-alaska-161069

Posted Images

Just now, Puffin's Pictures said:

Woohoo two 1st-time sellers in one day!

Congrats!

Interesting about that centered-in-the-shot backyard flower. Isn't that exactly the type of thing we tell every newbie not to shoot? LOL.

5 minutes ago, Simone Hogan said:

Congrats!

Interesting about that centered-in-the-shot backyard flower. Isn't that exactly the type of thing we tell every newbie not to shoot? LOL.

Yeah, probably.  Not the kind of thing I normally shoot either, but my friend (who is also my largest local competitor in terms of nature shots) always brags about how he earns more off his 6000 photos than I do off my 400 (proportionally, I sell more though).  Since I don't shoot plants and he photographs and posts every bug and plant he sees, I said "screw it!" and shot a species of plant while on vacation that he doesn't have in his gallery simply because I could.  Weaker moment.   :D

1 minute ago, Puffin's Pictures said:

Yeah, probably.  Not the kind of thing I normally shoot either, but my friend (who is also my largest local competitor in terms of nature shots) always brags about how he earns more off his 6000 photos than I do off my 400 (proportionally, I sell more though) and since I don't shoot plants and photographs and posts every bug and plant he sees, I said "screw it!" and shot a species of plant while on vacation that he doesn't have in his gallery just because.  

That's funny. Seems to have worked out for you! You have some really nice shots in your port, btw. 

Just now, Simone Hogan said:

That's funny. Seems to have worked out for you! You have some really nice shots in your port, btw. 

Well, there is an extra level of satisfaction behind it anyway.  And thank you!  I'm currently in the process of trying to diversify what I shoot so things could get interesting...