Fluieras Ana-Cristina

What camera should I use for photography?

Now, the tree was kept at too extreme to the left so it was outside the most/ farthest left point of my 39 point AF points. Even then focus was maintained there. How it was possible ? I mean, I can understand that focus did not move from that area, after recomposing. But I did not expect that this process would work even beyond the areas of those 39 point AF areas.

Yep. This is exactly the manner in which it should work: focus on your subject, release the back button, then recompose. Even if your subject lies outside the focusing points, as long as you don't refocus, it will remain in focus.

Working as intended. Liberating, isn't it? ;)

Jeff,

Sir, the data you asked for - It was F-8, 1/350 sec, ISO 100. FL - 70 mm FF on a DX Body (D5300) means field of view about 105 mm. Handheld. About 11000 ft above sea level, at Ladakh, India. The tripod was beside me set up for the monastery beside. In this shot, it was easier for me to lock focus outside AF points area, recompose and shot by hand than using tripod with ball head. Any thing you suggest me to improve upon ?

Phil,

Sir, It is "LIBERATING" , to say the least. I was not sure if the shot was in focus or not..but it was ! Amazing. Now this AF-ON has spoiled me so much, I focus with this and get exposure idea by half pressing shutter button. Anything you suggest me to improve upon ?

Regards,

Rudra

Sir, It is "LIBERATING" , to say the least. I was not sure if the shot was in focus or not..but it was ! Amazing. Now this AF-ON has spoiled me so much, I focus with this and get exposure idea by half pressing shutter button. Anything you suggest me to improve upon ?

Nope. Sounds like you've got it! ;)

On 5/14/2015 at 2:54 AM, Eric Urquhart said:

I don't think the camera is the problem really the issue. I have had photos accepted from an old nikon d40. The lens is the bigger issue. You need faster glass. Of course there are better camera bodies out there but I think the 5300 is enough to get the images accepted.

At the same time there are those that are getting the same rejection for focus using 5D's and D800's so if your fundamentals are off then the best camera in the world will not help

Just my experience and opinion. Maybe some of the more experienced people in this forum can shed some more light.

Hello.....

Can you explain which kind of lens issue you are facing? I am asking you this question because i am also a Nikon d40 user and i also face a lens error (lens get stuck in my camera). If you are also facing this same issue then follow these instructions:

Fix #1: For those of you who can still access your camera's menus with this error, try finding and selecting the "factory reset" option to set your camera back to its original factory condition. On some Canon cameras, this requires holding the menu button down with the camera powered on for up to 10 seconds. However note that a lens error might sometimes override the reset option, and thus the option might not appear.

Fix #2: If the camera's batteries ran down completely while its lens was still open, the camera may show a lens error or not start properly when new batteries are installed. Remove the memory card and keep it removed, then install the new batteries. When you turn the camera on with the card removed it may come back to life, as this triggers a reset in some cameras. Error E30 (for older Canon's) means that you don't have a memory card installed, so turn it off, slip in the SD card and turn it on one last time.

If you are facing any other problem then check Nikon D40 Manual to fix it. 

It ain't the camera My friend. Never was and probably never will be. Especially shooting for penny stock. It's about you and original Concepts and Not some Crap anyone can do. then again...........maybe it is. The jury will convene someday. General question and general answer. It ain't the camera. It's all about 2/3 Inches behind the viewfinder. The camera doesn't decide stuff. You do.

On 13/05/2015 at 10:24 PM, Eric Urquhart said:

I don't think the camera is the problem really the issue. I have had photos accepted from an old nikon d40. The lens is the bigger issue. You need faster glass. Of course there are better camera bodies out there but I think the 5300 is enough to get the images accepted.

At the same time there are those that are getting the same rejection for focus using 5D's and D800's so if your fundamentals are off then the best camera in the world will not help

Just my experience and opinion. Maybe some of the more experienced people in this forum can shed some more light.

And i have images that still selling taken with a Canon 10D .... I already said this , it´s 90% about the glass , the light, and the photographer....camera helps but to start a D5300 is a very nice camera . spend money in good glass .

I have Images selling here still ...before digital. and Many years before digital...LOL My first digital Camera was 2.1 MP a D1 Nikon  I paid $6,995 and $500 for a 1 GB IBM card.LOL It ain't the camera. Fun to have. and never met one I didn't Love.careful Barry says we can't post here. Best reason I know of to do it.Maybe he won't read it,  and say something Obnoxious .....Like we care. Old friend said Best camera is the one you have with you. Thats pretty Much it.

CAT 034 N7CD25 CARMEL MOONRISE.jpg

058N18  MONO LAKE, SIERRA NEVADA.jpg

CAT 021 NEG 2 CD 2  SUNRISE 101 FREEWAY @218k jpeg.jpg

CAT 3874 CD160 THREE ASPENS.jpg