3000ad

Sci-Fi Illustration and Footage

@3000ad: I've worked with 3DS Max years ago, but it's a program I can't afford. So for now it's just Photoshop and my imagination. Are you part of a studio, since you are talking about "we"?

@3000ad: Are you part of a studio, since you are talking about "we"?

@cyborgwitch: Yes, 3DS Max is expensive, especially with the subscription thing going, but we need it because it imports Autocad 3D, and for us that's the day-job job. And, yes, "we" are my husband and I - we have a small company of architectural visualization. We typically split our work in what each of us does best, and so I cannot take credit alone for the work here or anywhere else... :) 

Sci-fi illustration/animation is what we want to do full-time ...one day, and with this thread I'm looking for like-minded artists. I'm trying to understand the need/interest/offer in science fiction media, and to see how it can tie with literature, sound, TV and film in this genre. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for your post!

(and when you have time, please add more of your artwork here - or sci-fi themed illustrations you like from other artists.)

Best,

Daniela

Hi Daniela. That's nice, to be able to work together with your other half. I also think it's an interesting step to take, to do SF imagery full time. I wish you much success in doing so! It sweems quite a niche thing, but maybe I'm mistaken here, AND... niches can be good things.

The other day, a fellow Dutch illustrator, a woman, made the news with images she made for NASA. That was really cool! They were illustrations of a new found earth like planet.

Some more space things got approved today. I enjoyed making them.

stock-photo-spiral-galaxy-311364218.jpg

stock-photo-spiral-galaxy-311364212.jpg

And this isn't really very SF, though it's very cosmic:

stock-photo-yogi-meditating-with-backdro

Hi Daniela. That's nice, to be able to work together with your other half. I also think it's an interesting step to take, to do SF imagery full time. I wish you much success in doing so! It sweems quite a niche thing, but maybe I'm mistaken here, AND... niches can be good things.

The other day, a fellow Dutch illustrator, a woman, made the news with images she made for NASA. That was really cool! They were illustrations of a new found earth like planet.

Some more space things got approved today. I enjoyed making them.

stock-photo-spiral-galaxy-311364218.jpg

stock-photo-spiral-galaxy-311364212.jpg

And this isn't really very SF, though it's very cosmic:

stock-photo-yogi-meditating-with-backdro

Wow! I really like the galaxy AND the cosmic meditation illustration.

(The later reminds me of Arthur C. Clarke's story: "The Nine Billion Names Of God" - very nice!)

Thanks!

I'm not sure if this really 'sci fi' or more surreal and I'm not sure what anyone would really use it for. Giant jellyfish water planets probably isn't a 'common' sci fi theme. it was just one of those things that popped in my head and kinda wouldn't go away. if that makes any sense. ;)

stock-photo-sci-fi-illustration-of-a-wat

I'm not sure if this really 'sci fi' or more surreal and I'm not sure what anyone would really use it for. Giant jellyfish water planets probably isn't a 'common' sci fi theme. it was just one of those things that popped in my head and kinda wouldn't go away. if that makes any sense. ;)

stock-photo-sci-fi-illustration-of-a-wat

Beautiful, thank you!

stock-photo-sci-fi-military-helmet-conce

Great topic :)

My Sci-fi helmet Illustration originally produced for www.futurechronicles.co.uk - website dedicated to sci-fi stories and artists from a variety of creative fields...worth a peek.

Stormtrooperesk/custom design using Illustrator and Photoshop to texture. 

stock-photo-sci-fi-military-helmet-conce

Great topic :)

My Sci-fi helmet Illustration originally produced for www.futurechronicles.co.uk - website dedicated to sci-fi stories and artists from a variety of creative fields...worth a peek.

Stormtrooperesk/custom design using Illustrator and Photoshop to texture. 

Wow! Wonderful link and art - Thanks for sharing and I will definitely take a look.

stock-photo-futuristic-city-architecture

My latest approved image: A combination of several renderings from previous models posed to fit a "Martian" look.

If you have similar images and would like to share your technique and inspiration, please use this topic to post them.

Thanks!

Another proof that, when doing what you love, good things happen: 
stock-photo-alien-mothership-near-earth-

Just saw our animated version of this image on the "What On Earth?" show on the Science Channel.

So happy to see our videos on the shows that we like and watch.

Do you have an "as seen on" sci-fi illustration or video that you want to share?