photosky

Show your Vintage or Retro-styled photo

Anything which has been shot with the cameras that were originally made before 90's and/or are producing the unique color schemes which falls under the artistic category commonly referred as the retro/vintage (polaroids, lomos, etc), or strongly resembles it! This includes the scanned film camera photos and images processed using retro-styling software or filters.

You can add a brief description of the camera/style if you wish.

stock-photo-horse-with-white-mane-on-green-field-260914841.jpg

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic.mhtml?id=260914841

Liked to play with technique. But not a lot of such images in my port

stock-photo-brussels-belgium-september-tourist-takes-a-picture-of-a-vintage-car-exposed-during-comic-215816593.jpg

stock-photo-styled-as-old-photo-of-vintage-bicycles-parked-on-the-street-200098394.jpg

Driving a Ford Mustang

stock-photo-automobiles-on-highway-young-man-wearing-sunglasses-vintage-filter-image-male-car-driver-in-open-261751133.jpg

How is this not editorial?

Cars that are visible as well as license plates?

I have lots just like this and they always get rejected for copyright/trademark and can only be submitted as editorial.

Driving a Ford Mustang

How is this not editorial?

Cars that are visible as well as license plates?

I have lots just like this and they always get rejected for copyright/trademark and can only be submitted as editorial.

this delicious picture:)

I am not qualified for this thread since I only start to learn photography in 2007.

You are now (rules aren't good if we can't tweak'em :). Thanks for images and their styles' descriptions!

stock-photo-a-close-up-of-a-headlight-and-the-corner-of-the-bumper-on-an-old-abandoned-truck-260999819.jpg

Here is a cell phone one recently accepted.

Wow, looks like cellcams keep on improving fast... Is it going to be yet another mammals/dinosaurs story: one day those pocket mice will outsmart glassy monsters to become the future of digital photography?

stock-photo-a-close-up-of-a-headlight-and-the-corner-of-the-bumper-on-an-old-abandoned-truck-260999819.jpg

Here is a cell phone one recently accepted.

Wow, looks like cellcams keep on improving fast... Is it going to be yet another mammals/dinosaurs story: one day those pocket mice will outsmart glassy monsters to become the future of digital photography?

They have a long ways to go yet. However today I found an optical 8X zoom attachment while looking for a case. The cell picture quality is no where close in my opinion.

Twenty years ago they were saying similar things about digital cameras vs film...

This is vintage looking, right?

stock-photo-kewanee-il-circa-lloyd-h-stoner-standing-on-wing-of-inverted-biplane-flown-by-marion-f-45770326.jpg

I bet it is :)

BTW, I see the signature across the pic... Looks like a new way of attaching model releases to photos, hehe. Anyway, is there any story behind this picture?

BTW, I see the signature across the pic... Looks like a new way of attaching model releases to photos, hehe. Anyway, is there any story behind this picture?

Yes that's Lloyd Stoner autograph, who claims he's the person doing the Wing Standing (which I later learned is different from Wing Walking)

I sent the photo to the Experimental Aircraft Assn. forum and people educated me on who the pilot was and the plane and the airshow.

It's another one of those family stories which might be embellished, so I can't say for sure. But it is a real photo postcard card. I have since found other copies, same shot...

An example would be fine china, or a piece of jewelry, that some Grandparent brought over on the boat from Italy in the 1890s, which upon research was made in England in the 1920s. :-)

In dealing with antiques and collectibles there are many stories like this and always amusing.

This one was that Mr. Stoner sold sandwiches at the event every year and the pilot took him up for a ride, someone snapped the photo.

Might be true, might not. No way to verify unless someone from the Marion F. Cole Air Show, knows more about it. I never contacted the pilot.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marion-F-Cole/167218436678570?sk=info&tab=page_info

I love the history behind things and chase around sometimes for weeks and years, on and off, trying to discover the background.

I used to buy old photos at flea markets but decided to find things that have identity, not just "nice old photo". Last few years I've been collecting Stereoviews from the late 1800s and early 1900s.

Anyone want to trade? I have a bunch of tintypes and 1800s photo albums, that I bought in the 60s and 70s, I'd rather have real photo postcards or stereoview cards.

I scan the cards, convert them into 3D anaglyph images. (no market, no demand = no income, I do it because I like the concept)

stereo_home_sweet_home_web.jpg

Lovely turn of the century of people in the parlor looking at stereo cards. This is before Radio. A much quieter time in the world.

Note: They are a modern family, they have electric light bulbs! Probably 1890s. Granny in a mission style rocker and the art glass lampshade is just wonderful.

Can I label this as History Is Fun? Or maybe: everything is life isn't about making another dollar?

Yes that's Lloyd Stoner autograph, who claims he's the person doing the Wing Standing (which I later learned is different from Wing Walking)

I sent the photo to the Experimental Aircraft Assn. forum and people educated me on who the pilot was and the plane and the airshow.

It's another one of those family stories which might be embellished, so I can't say for sure. But it is a real photo postcard card. I have since found other copies, same shot...

An example would be fine china, or a piece of jewelry, that some Grandparent brought over on the boat from Italy in the 1890s, which upon research was made in England in the 1920s. :-)

In dealing with antiques and collectibles there are many stories like this and always amusing.

This one was that Mr. Stoner sold sandwiches at the event every year and the pilot took him up for a ride, someone snapped the photo.

Might be true, might not. No way to verify unless someone from the Marion F. Cole Air Show, knows more about it. I never contacted the pilot.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marion-F-Cole/167218436678570?sk=info&tab=page_info

I love the history behind things and chase around sometimes for weeks and years, on and off, trying to discover the background.

I used to buy old photos at flea markets but decided to find things that have identity, not just "nice old photo". Last few years I've been collecting Stereoviews from the late 1800s and early 1900s.

Anyone want to trade? I have a bunch of tintypes and 1800s photo albums, that I bought in the 60s and 70s, I'd rather have real photo postcards or stereoview cards.

I scan the cards, convert them into 3D anaglyph images. (no market, no demand = no income, I do it because I like the concept)

Lovely turn of the century of people in the parlor looking at stereo cards. This is before Radio. A much quieter time in the world.

Note: They are a modern family, they have electric light bulbs! Probably 1890s. Granny in a mission style rocker and the art glass lampshade is just wonderful.

Can I label this as History Is Fun? Or maybe: everything is life isn't about making another dollar?

umm, did you consider to gather them together, arrange somehow, and publish in the paper form? There should be a market for such books (coffee-table books, etc.). I'm permanently seeing 3D photo books in a local bookstore - therefore, somebody is buying such things...