Yes folks. It really is this bad.....joke. :o

The map today...a glitch methinks.

Now fixed.

post-1374373-0-73481600-1460749501_thumb.jpg

Edited by stevemart

What happened with on demand sales?? These weeks sales of on demand photos droped from around 10 per month to 1. :huh:

The subscrition sales are on higher numbers though....  

Same experience here.  Limited ODD's, no EL's and no video dl's yet this month on SS.  But subscriptions are on steroids.

Last month was so promising the best sales I had had in over a year. This month the complete opposite. What happened this may end up being the worst month I have had in over 3 years  :(

The same thing with me. The past two months have been pretty darn good (due to ELs, SODs and footage) but this month is on course to be one of my worst months ever.

It's Monday ... late morning here in Michigan and only one sale? What the heck happened, Shutterstock?

I'm doing better on the "less popular" sites at this time of day.

still on target to be my worst month in 7 years.  Number of downloads down 40% over last April and ODs and ELs are few and far between.

They did warn us that for 6 months they would be overhauling the site but I didn't realize it would have such a detrimental effect.  This is brutal!  The only positive I can think of is that we don't have to worry about a 'summer slowdown' since it can't get much worse!  :(

It's definitely disappointing for April. Sales should be really going now after slow Feb and March (even with the New Normal!), but they're not picking up properly at all.

Other sites just keep getting stronger sales while SS continues to gradually fall away.....

My doom and gloom is I haven't had a download in 2 days ;o(

Don't get me wrong I don't sell lots everyday - but for the past 2 years I have rarely had a day where I haven't sold at least one.

Just hope it doesn't carry on for too long - my past 2 months have been quite good and April started on a high too.

I see from the above posts it's not just me - what is going on??

My doom and gloom is I haven't had a download in 2 days ;o(

Don't get me wrong I don't sell lots everyday - but for the past 2 years I have rarely had a day where I haven't sold at least one.

Just hope it doesn't carry on for too long - my past 2 months have been quite good and April started on a high too.

I see from the above posts it's not just me - what is going on??

There are many opinions as to what is going on. Many of us believe that it all started when Shutterstock went public and the suits were brought in to run the place. They changed search algorithms, they changed the most popular, they started messing with different price structures, changing the technology end which lead to what many believe are a lot more problems with the site in general. There are dozens of threads all over talking about how for the most part with people who post here have seen things go downhill very, very fast.

I just don't understand how a portfolio grows at a decent rate as mine has the last year and yet the downloads get fewer and fewer. I have just invested in a Nikon 24mm 1.4 lens as well as a D750 and as soon as I did sales go downhill. As for footage I get zero downloads the last 2 months. I had some hoe last week as the last few days got better bur the slump happened at the weekend.