This is getting beyond depressing. Just came home from work to find 7/8 rejected and only three sub downloads all day, two of those were the same image. WTH is going on.

Oh, f..k, so Atilla is at work today, Andrea complain of rejections this morning, now you, poor me, I have 10 images in queue, some of them cotra jours, so I guess I have to expect the worst :( I knew I shouldn't submit yesterday.....

Maybe a brand new lightbox somewhere, that used to drive all the other sales way down, back in the day....LOL

(And no I don't mean the ones that are posted on FB, those don't make any difference)

The ones on FB are the real ones, there are none on the homepage anymore, have you looked at the homepage?

New way for buyers to search as well.

Shutterstock LabsFind your images fast with the most advanced search tools in the industry.

Maybe a brand new lightbox somewhere, that used to drive all the other sales way down, back in the day....LOL

(And no I don't mean the ones that are posted on FB, those don't make any difference)

The ones on FB are the real ones, there are none on the homepage anymore, have you looked at the homepage?

Shutterstock LabsFind your images fast with the most advanced search tools in the industry.

I think I saw the labs thingy here a while back - not THAT new.

And yeah there are some lightboxes posted somewhere that pop up elsewhere than the FB ones, like the one that Kel got about a billion sales from with the squirrels. It wasn't on FB till way way way later on.

I think I saw the labs thingy here a while back - not THAT new.

And yeah there are some lightboxes posted somewhere that pop up elsewhere than the FB ones, like the one that Kel got about a billion sales from with the squirrels. It wasn't on FB till way way way later on.

Kelly's was out on FB as early as any other LB you seen they are coming up in lots of different ones not just the one you think it was in.

Also the labs was at one time just the color (spectrum which raised holy hail on the forum) now they have a people, palette and instant search as well.

Noob question here....how many photos are in some of y'alls portfolios? I just got accepted as a contributer last week, have 9 photos in my catalog, and have only gotten 2 downloads. A little depressing if u ask me, but I know you gotta have the right stuff and lots of it to get $$$!! I've been working on getting another batch ready for submit, but starting to wonder if its worth it for a new guy to spend hours and hours doing this for potentially very little pay or pursue different photography avenues.

I appreciate any helpful answers!

Everything depends on the number and type of images you are willing and able to make.

I would suggest that you try any and every available opportunity to make some money from your images but I definitely wouldn't recommend trying to make a living just from microstock at the moment.

More like a million Sari, lol, all subs, but one.

I've been flat out on the couch for two weeks with the flu, going to try to eat something substantial tonight.

I haven't even turned on my Mac for three days, I think.

No, Barry, that LB didn't get posted on FB till way way later. Like two weeks later, or something like that.

Kel - even a million is nice ;):P:D

1JMueller - it totally depends on how dedicated and talented you are.

I have 3000+ pics and videos total (almost 5 years in to this) and I'm not making enough to feed my animals.

Some other people have it better, some others not so.

No, Barry, that LB didn't get posted on FB till way way later. Like two weeks later, or something like that.

Kel - even a million is nice ;):P:D

1JMueller - it totally depends on how dedicated and talented you are.

I have 3000+ pics and videos total (almost 5 years in to this) and I'm not making enough to feed my animals.

Some other people have it better, some others not so.

Nope.

More like a million Sari, lol, all subs, but one.

I've been flat out on the couch for two weeks with the flu, going to try to eat something substantial tonight.

I haven't even turned on my Mac for three days, I think.

This flu is a duzy Kelly, hope you feel better soon!

Thanks for some of the feedback y'all. I'm by no means trying to make Stock my living...I've got a full-time career, but for the next 8-12 weeks I'll be out on short-term disability with a broken wrist. So...needless to say I have tons of free time to get better at photography, which I I love to do. Was just hoping to make a few bucks to put in my pockets every month!

Wow, 100% rejected today. Same studio lighting, same white balance, same 70-200 2.8 mark II lens that I have used for years, but now that lens takes oof shots and my white balance is off. I guess I better sell that lens and get a sharper one if this reviewer is correct.....NOT.

i have also has an unfair rejection for lighting today and yesterday... oh, well, whatever...

anyway, with the sales so low i have no motivation neither to load nor to shoot new photos ... march is going to be much less than February. very disapointing and demotivating... :(

Thanks for some of the feedback y'all. I'm by no means trying to make Stock my living...I've got a full-time career, but for the next 8-12 weeks I'll be out on short-term disability with a broken wrist. So...needless to say I have tons of free time to get better at photography, which I I love to do. Was just hoping to make a few bucks to put in my pockets every month!

good luck to you, but honestly, it's a tough game with an overwhelming amount of competition. Every image we submit at this point gets dropped into a bucket of over 50 million images ...and that's a very small drop in the bucket! It's gotten to be almost like a lottery to get an image noticed and then have it produce enough downloads to make it worthwhile. Most get lost in the shuffle... it seems. It's not like it was a few years ago... unfortunately. I'm not saying you shouldn't try but just suggesting that you keep your expectations in check?

Since you love photography and have time to work at it, you don't have anything to lose. You can have fun and learn and work on building your portfolio.

I would suggest for any image that you're considering shooting, that you do a keyword search in the Popular mode just to meet your competition. Then aspire to come up with a unique composition or viewpoint that will set your photo apart.

I'm sure you've read plenty of comments in the forum to know that there are no guarantees of sales so only you can decide if it's worth your time or not.

best of luck!

good luck to you, but honestly, it's a tough game with an overwhelming amount of competition. Every image we submit at this point gets dropped into a bucket of over 50 million images ...and that's a very small drop in the bucket! It's gotten to be almost like a lottery to get an image noticed and then have it produce enough downloads to make it worthwhile. Most get lost in the shuffle... it seems. It's not like it was a few years ago... unfortunately. I'm not saying you shouldn't try but just suggesting that you keep your expectations in check?

Since you love photography and have time to work at it, you don't have anything to lose. You can have fun and learn and work on building your portfolio.

I would suggest for any image that you're considering shooting, that you do a keyword search in the Popular mode just to meet your competition. Then aspire to come up with a unique composition or viewpoint that will set your photo apart.

I'm sure you've read plenty of comments in the forum to know that there are no guarantees of sales so only you can decide if it's worth your time or not.

best of luck!

Thanks, and you hit the nail on the head. I totally agree with what you said, and I don't have high hopes! To be honest, this has definitely helped me learn a lot about my camera and photography in general. I've been doing so much research it's not funny, so in the end it will be worth it whether I make $$$ on this site or not. I'll take these skills and use them where I can make more cheddar!!!