• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And right on cue, big head arrives.

After 13 dry days, made 25 cents today. Cause for celebration I guess. Let the champagne flow.

34 cents for my videos. What an insult imagine what I could have earned from those not so long ago. Dire. Depressing. Unethical. Greedy

Posted Images

On 9/24/2020 at 8:18 AM, David Moreno Hernandez said:

The 0.77 is a video sale. Not only volume but also $ is lower. IMG_20200924_081328.thumb.png.9d90a33af6a9f208af0cac7e76351d0b.png

Also, before the new earning structure I used to have around 15 On Demand sales every month. The last months I didn't even get to 5. Currently September I have had no ODs. Weird isn't it? Anyone noticed the same? 

So far so good.

image.png.79d5efbd32aff59947b6cbf4298eb70e.png

Wondering how many will keep their portfolios on after December 31.

These sells can't get any lower or... can they? we'll see. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 10:07 AM, Studio 2 said:

@Pavel Rumlena mentions this too above. 

I have read this quite a lot on the forum. I used to get a few each month but my last were in June. I am assuming this is related to the world economic decline due to Covid. They are greatly missed as they made uploading worthwhile. Time will tell if things will pick up and they start again 🤞

Of far greater relevance than Covid to falling prices are the websites now offering free photos. If you want a photo you have a choice of at least 3 million from those that now offer them. (And I am only thinking of two such sites here) They will still be around and be bigger and more brazen after Covid.The photographers giving away their work are doing untold damage to photography, its standing and its market value.

9 hours ago, lonndubh said:

Of far greater relevance than Covid to falling prices are the websites now offering free photos. If you want a photo you have a choice of at least 3 million from those that now offer them. (And I am only thinking of two such sites here) They will still be around and be bigger and more brazen after Covid.The photographers giving away their work are doing untold damage to photography, its standing and its market value.

I agree. While COVID is obviously affecting business everywhere microstock sales have been on a downward trend for the last couple of years. Sites offering free photos and the massification of microstock with contributors from all over the globe expecting to make easy money with poor quality images and agencies accepting such images are the reason of the fall. 

And the owners of those sites where photographers are offering their work for free are making lots of money because they dont have to pay the artists for their work.They do it "for the likes" and "for the exposure". 

• 4 weeks later...