• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And right on cue, big head arrives.

After 13 dry days, made 25 cents today. Cause for celebration I guess. Let the champagne flow.

I think the download fairies are all under quarantine from the coronavirus...

Posted Images

On 9/16/2020 at 10:08 AM, Primus1 said:

I would agree with you. We are close to what you did described. Sadly!

Yes, it is unfortunate. I said some time ago that personally speaking nothing is more likely  to make me stop uploading than a flow of ten cent sales. It is now the case that most sales are for ten cents and it doesn't look as if that will change.In fact it's a vicious circle ... stop uploading because of the bad terms and you can't offer good work, without good work no new sales, without new sales income collapses.......but that's the way it is now. Let's hope something changes!

40 minutes ago, lonndubh said:

Yes, it is unfortunate. I said some time ago that personally speaking nothing is more likely  to make me stop uploading than a flow of ten cent sales. It is now the case that most sales are for ten cents and it doesn't look as if that will change.In fact it's a vicious circle ... stop uploading because of the bad terms and you can't offer good work, without good work no new sales, without new sales income collapses.......but that's the way it is now. Let's hope something changes!

Not to mention clip sales $0.84 I sell. OK - there are a few with reduced, normal prices, like $19, ... But yes; $0.10 for a photo ... no comment!

There were a lot of clips sold for $600 up to $900 ($200 to $300 for author) here at SS. But this is a distant past ...

I really don't want to be a negativist, but if nothing changes so it will be the third month in a row without ODD, SOD or EL for me(One single $0.36 SOD in July is not worth taking into account.). This month is again heading to be even worse than the previous one(which was my worst ever). I'm really starting to doubt whether it's still worth staying here. I will wait until the end of the year and if this trend continues, I will go out of this. I'm not a masochist, so I really don't need this suffering.

On 9/16/2020 at 11:55 PM, M. W. Hunt said:

I am starting to feel a little suspicious of so few sales now. Glitch in the system? Or something worse?

Yes, the way sales are now arriving, almost at the same time and in the same tiny yet regular number and from the same countries makes me think the machine has taken over.

27 minutes ago, trucic said:

Exactly same thinking here.. drops like this can`t be seasonal or because of pandemic crisis...

Here too. I hardly get something out of my work now. No, it is not a season, it is not we have been replaced with better authors, ports, footage, photos. Well - if you search among files you have and yours are on xx position, than yes. If they are well placed, then not. My logic.

It has a lot to do with crisis. A lot. It does not mean we should go to sleep, till it is over. Authors are up to 70, 80% down with their income. It will turn arround. Problem is when? As it looks now, we are at the beginning of crissis. Even if it ends right now, consequences will last years, decades. I guess work in demand is connected to crisis - covid stuff.

Ok - let us face it; top-top authors, we all know who they are (search 1 pages under term you want) - sell with no power lost. That's the way it is.

Best wishes, Trucic! :)

My September 2020 is for today exactly 94.64% worse than in 2019. This month I had one SOD for 1 full dollar(from an unknown location)😲:

sod.jpg.e4113475217784672256c27edde97437.jpg

In the last three months there was no ODD or EL for me, and only 2 SOD(1x $0,36 in July + 1x $1.00 in Sep.). Thanks to this overwhelming amount of SODs, I feel in my bones that I will soon become a millionaire. I'll probably celebrate it! Dear friends and colleagues, I invite you all to this doomed party.😆

33 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

@Pavel Rumlena mentions this too above. 

I have read this quite a lot on the forum. I used to get a few each month but my last were in June. I am assuming this is related to the world economic decline due to Covid. They are greatly missed as they made uploading worthwhile. Time will tell if things will pick up and they start again 🤞

Let's hope is Covid-19-related and not another trick pulled by SS. 

3 hours ago, David Moreno Hernandez said:

Let's hope is Covid-19-related and not another trick pulled by SS. 

It may be, but this situation, when almost all ODD, SOD and EL disappeared, appeared almost instantly after the change in the reward structure. So I don't think it's just the current Corona-crisis. The change came at a time when it is difficult to 100% estimate what the cause is and I would not like to speculate, for who this situation is advantageous....