Almost all 10cent sales for the month. First time not making even $100 payout since I started in 2007. If this is how it goes on then the reset in January would make no difference anyway. So not only 10cents from 38cents subs, but no high value sales at all! Just when you think SS can't get any worse it suddenly does ūü§¨

Just 1 sub yesterday, so not only they have reduced commissions but also cut the number of downloads. I will never be uploading a single picture here.

6 minutes ago, Charles Lewis said:

Very slow beginning of the month. Has everyone gone on vacation?

No that is probably the shape of things to come

This week has been exceptionally bad even by SS' new standards. It's like they're trying to outdo themselves every month. Yes, Shutterstock, I get it already that you can actually make it worse when I thought you couldn't. And honestly judging by the downward trend on my sales graph, I wouldn't even surprised if by the end of the year that I will not be making enough for payout. Which would be the first since 2013.

22 minutes ago, trucic said:

New footage licenses masacred whole month of July... please, SS we need explainatiin what is happening...?

Which part of profiteering do you need explained?

Footage sales dropped 75%! My footage sales dropped by 50% over the last 18 months. Since the beginning of 2020 they have been 25% of what they had been previously a couple of years ago. This month, July 2020 they have virtually ceased. What was a decent income has disappeared very rapidly. Just wondering if other footage contributors have seen similar declines?

What a disaster. Yesterday was probably my lowest earnings & downloads here on a Monday. I want to say "unbelievable" as an expression but it's not so hard to believe anymore that any day sales could just tank on SS.

36 minutes ago, siridhata said:

What a disaster. Yesterday was probably my lowest earnings & downloads here on a Monday. I want to say "unbelievable" as an expression but it's not so hard to believe anymore that any day sales could just tank on SS.

I know what you mean... Before $10+ per weekday was my goal, and having $8 or $9 was considered low... Last Monday 27 sales for $4,09... With subscriptions sales only it's hard to earn value for your work. This Monday is slightly better, but didn't get to $10 either. Luckely a $150 sale on Alamy today.

1 hour ago, SL-Photography said:

I know what you mean... Before $10+ per weekday was my goal, and having $8 or $9 was considered low... Last Monday 27 sales for $4,09... With subscriptions sales only it's hard to earn value for your work. This Monday is slightly better, but didn't get to $10 either. Luckely a $150 sale on Alamy today.

I would say that almost everyday there's a $20 decrease from what I usually earn on weekdays here. I mean I wouldn't really mind if I was earning hundreds of dollars a day to begin with. But going down from $25 to $5 a day is too frustrating. SS was part of my main income for years but now I gotta adjust to a new financial plan & lifestyle due to this new system. I can't imagine how many more contributors whose lives were affected worse than me.

38 minutes ago, jai7678 said:

Is this the effect of covid pandemic the low sales?

I personally believe that's not the case. But SS might use it as an excuse.

6 hours ago, jai7678 said:

Is this the effect of covid pandemic the low sales?

there was a decline, of course... but different stock sites have passed it in different ways. As an example results on SS

121245.jpg.728d56cce93d23fee40a02d1b5f6c847.jpg
and DT
555.jpg.11317f94c964f56dcae5b54be228a43b.jpg

3 hours ago, Heide Pinkall said:

btw. did anybody have any sales recently?
This was the third day in row with zero sales...
Is the download fairy on vacation???

I had just 1 sub yesterday, never had such slow sales

5 hours ago, Heide Pinkall said:

btw. did anybody have any sales recently?
This was the third day in row with zero sales...

Things have been very slow in July. My worst month since December. In terms of downloads and $. Probably vacations combined with Covid!? But suddenly yesterday a small little pop. 6 downloads. Which lifted me also into Level 4. I mean LEVEL 4!! : ). So one sale as a result came in at a gorgeous, unbelievable 11 cents! (instead of the usual 10). I am sooo happy : )! I know, I know! This is not the bragging thread. Sorry. Let me post it there instead. 

59 minutes ago, Blue Corner Studio said:

... But suddenly yesterday a small little pop. 6 downloads. Which lifted me also into Level 4. I mean LEVEL 4!! : ). ...

Congrats!
I am just 8 downloads away from level 4 ūüėČ

20 minutes ago, Heide Pinkall said:

Congrats!
I am just 8 downloads away from level 4 ūüėČ

many thanx! i actually long forgot that at some point I would convert to a higher level. not tha t it makes any difference between the old 10 cents and the new 10 cents : ). but perhaps it will different if you get SODs and On  Demand, etc. yesterday I also got a little better $3.49 on one image. them nice Belgiun buyers pay better. Thanks!
please let us know when you bump up to L4! and if it makes any difference. 

18 hours ago, Heide Pinkall said:

She might be hanging out in California this week. I got 7 sales on Sunday, which is very unusual for me. Earnings-wise ... that would be the gloom-and-doom portion of it.