14 minutes ago, Matylda Laurence said:

same for me and just feel the whole dynamic is changing from so many outside and inside influences...IMHO

My theory is (pure speculation based on nothing) that the ODDs buyers of the past are incidental buyers but instead of going directly to SS, they now go look at the free sites to see whether they can find what they want for nothing. If unsuccessful, they then buy an ODDs package here. The free sites are full of ads for SS and AS inviting those incidental buyers to come to 'mummy' if they can't find what they want for free!

Logic, congruence, method, sense, nexus, foundation. I mean, find them and maybe you won't need to worry so much about 0.25/image.

Insects don't sell very well. Landscapes sell better. Macros (nature) are commercially uninteresting. Travel drives the economy etc. etc.

Just to illustrate (facts): January was my worst month ever. February is being my best month ever. In January I uploaded more than 30 files (tiny portfolio). In February I didn't uploaded anything (demotivation).

I have been writing those things (and its aberrant contradictions) down in my notebook in a serious, systematic and good-humored way. :)

Images only. I don't understand anything about footage yet.

1 hour ago, Studio 2 said:

'd be pleased with that 🙂 However, with your lovely port I suspect you were hoping for some ODs etc.  They do seem to be much fewer and further between nowadays, sadly 😞

thanks for the compliment :)  and so very true, those OD's are like hen's teeth at the moment....ah well, maybe next month! good luck with your sales too...hope there's a huge improvement ;) 

17 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Leonardo, I love your posts.  They always seem quite deep.  However, this one is so deep I'm still trying to understand it 🙂

Thank you! But maybe this time I overdid it a little. :)

Well. What I meant is that, especially if you are a beginner (your first 4 or 5 years of trial and error, I believe), a little bit of information that can guide you and allow you to correct your route is very better than any income. Why does everyone need to get short-term returns?

The demand (so, price) of things is regulated by the market, even those that cost only 0.25, even here at SS! This stands out in our jurisdiction. What you can (and should) do is develop a business plan/goals (something handwritten, scrawled in your notebook is better than nothing), try to regulate your sales volume and decide (even during the journey) whether you have the means to face this endeavor successfully here at SS or wherever. From the fish market to the photo market. No surprises so far.

1 hour ago, Leonardo Castro said:

Thank you! But maybe this time I overdid it a little. :)

Well. What I meant is that, especially if you are a beginner (your first 4 or 5 years of trial and error, I believe), a little bit of information that can guide you and allow you to correct your route is very better than any income. Why does everyone need to get short-term returns?

The demand (so, price) of things is regulated by the market, even those that cost only 0.25, even here at SS! This stands out in our jurisdiction. What you can (and should) do is develop a business plan/goals (something handwritten, scrawled in your notebook is better than nothing), try to regulate your sales volume and decide (even during the journey) whether you have the means to face this endeavor successfully here at SS or wherever. From the fish market to the photo market. No surprises so far.

Hi Leonardo we have a saying in the UK "that even the best laid plans of mice and men..." can be changed in the blink of an eye! so anyone notice the curved ball that seems to be affecting so many of us on SS...just a thought 🤣

2 hours ago, Matylda Laurence said:

Hi Leonardo we have a saying in the UK "that even the best laid plans of mice and men..." can be changed in the blink of an eye! so anyone notice the curved ball that seems to be affecting so many of us on SS...just a thought 🤣

Absolutely!

These days the download numbers sometimes fluctuate extremely. Monday 14 downloads, Tuesday 41, Wednesday 14. Does this come from the dynamic algorithm?

53 minutes ago, chyworks said:

Hard to tell Wilm, one thing seems consistent looking on the past three days. Tuesday most dls.

Also, many of my old or less noticeable items were being downloaded more since the beginning of this year.

Screenshot_1.jpg.043dc1b9c4cfe4ba10a2a53c48909d52.jpg

Olàlà! Nice stats, Chy! Congrats! Wrong category, btw. – that's got nothing to do with doom & gloom... :)

You still are on an impressive microstock way. With your tiny teeny iddly piddly portfolio... :P

Okay, I can see that you're having swings, too. But not as extreme as mine. Otherwise, you download numbers would be 36, 109, 36...

34 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Olàlà! Nice stats, Chy! Congrats! Wrong category, btw. – that's got nothing to do with doom & gloom... :)

You still are on an impressive microstock way. With your tiny teeny iddly piddly portfolio... :P

Okay, I can see that you're having swings, too. But not as extreme as mine. Otherwise, you download numbers would be 36, 109, 36...

My bad. Wrong category indeed. 😝 

The tiny iddly bit reminded me of someone who had gone extremely quiet these days. Wonder how he is doing nowadays...

35 minutes ago, chyworks said:

My bad. Wrong category indeed. 😝 

The tiny iddly bit reminded me of someone who had gone extremely quiet these days. Wonder how he is doing nowadays...

Me too...

1 hour ago, oleschwander said:

Understand where you came from, oleschwander.  If not mistaken, his strategy to gain more sales was to upload, upload, upload and to throw against a wall and hope something sticks. So i kind of understand his rational behind it. And if those images with different gestures/costumes are considered spamming, had seen much worse in SS. 😅

1 hour ago, chyworks said:

And if those images with different gestures/costumes are considered spamming, had seen much worse in SS.

Agree!

13 hours ago, Saurav022 said:

February was the worst month in 2 years and so far March has been very slow. 

February was slow and steady but died entirely for a week at the same time everyone else was experiencing poor sales. March is ....... tumble weeds .... guess it was the murderbot comment. No doubt about it progres has been throttled. Now only the arctic wastes are being offered my stuff sadly ..... and I'm all outa f'kin mackerel and elk testicles #truestory.

50 minutes ago, Scorsby said:

February was slow and steady but died entirely for a week at the same time everyone else was experiencing poor sales. March is ....... tumble weeds .... guess it was the murderbot comment. No doubt about it progres has been throttled. Now only the arctic wastes are being offered my stuff sadly ..... and I'm all outa f'kin mackerel and elk testicles #truestory.

Go lasso yourself a Haggis, boil some neeps n tatties, pour a wee nip O' Scotch. Stay warm... until Spring?

Probably not gloomy enough eh? 😉

Worst Feb. since 2012, how's that?

16 minutes ago, HodagMedia said:

Go lasso yourself a Haggis, boil some neeps n tatties, pour a wee nip O' Scotch. Stay warm... until Spring?

Everyone knows Pete that wild haggis live high up in the rocky peaks. They have 2 foot legs on one side and 1 foot legs on the other. That's so they dont fall off the cliffs. Ocassionaly one gets borne the other way round and if you're lucky, when they meet, you might catch them mating. 

But ... if they catch a glimpse of you ... run. They are tender lovers 😏 but their breath is like Satans ringpiece. You'll never get it off and I frigging loved that jumper, as for the underpants they're still up there I reckon. Dried like a varnished cat flap. Forever preserved with my silent scream in a rictus of fear and wonder. Course you can never eat haggis after that. Not again. They mate head to toe 🤢

2 hours ago, HodagMedia said:

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,
Great chieftain o the puddin'-race!