39 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Wix happened, unfortunately.

It sure did happen but only for the $1.50 sales...

My concern is where are all the other non-wix sales!? 2 $1.50 sales in 2 days isn't the end of the world....BUT when they're the only 2 clip sales at all at the start of the week, then I'm starting to wonder exactly whats up!?

16 minutes ago, icsnaps said:

It sure did happen but only for the $1.50 sales...

My concern is where are all the other non-wix sales!? 2 $1.50 sales in 2 days isn't the end of the world....BUT when they're the only 2 clip sales at all at the start of the week, then I'm starting to wonder exactly whats up!?

I hear you. Well, it gets worse and worse each day.

14 hours ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

One has to wonder, why are all your footage clips editorial? Even the wildlife? That's shooting yourself in the foot IMO. Nobody can use your footage for commercial purposes. The wildlife especially should be commercial IMO. 

I agree Sheila. Unfortunately I have had problems with reviewers in the past, who are totally clueless here. I have had clips rejected for not having a model or property release, including small wildlife! I am not kidding. In the end to play safe you select editorial.  SS have some of the worse reviewers I have ever come across. I had recent photographs of Sydney city covered in smoke from the dreadful bushfires, rejected because they were not sharp! Need I explain more?

5 minutes ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

That may be true, and if you're goal is simply to get the files uploaded, more power to you. But if you want to get the sales, they need to be commercial IMO. I could be wrong. i'm definitely not an expert. It's better to contact support if it's a significantly frequent issue and let them talk to the reviewer(s) that are messing up. I've gotten off the wall rejections as well (we all have), but I just resubmit and hope for a more level headed reviewer the next time. But it's up to you. I didn't look at your metadata, just glanced at your newest uploads. Maybe there's a keyword or something in the title that's triggering the rejection as well. If it's from a zoo, don't include those keywords.

Thanks, Sheila. I have tried communicating, but SS make it almost impossible to get through. Other contributors try to answer any questions, and if you are lucky SS staff might eventually email back, but this can take a few weeks. I had clips of wild crows in Thailand up a tree rejected due to no property release. So it is a battle to find someone at SS who has any common sense. That is a fact. I have been waiting ages for a few clips of woodland and cloud formations I put non editorial to be reviewed. I would not be surprised if they ask for a property release, unless I have one of the more sensible reviewers look at the clips.

The amount of downloads I get now is what I used to get in half a day back in 2017. And it’s Monday! Wow...

Edit: Just checked the map and no sales from the West Coast of the US again. This keeps happening every few days, even though no problems whatsoever from the East Coast. Makes it hard to believe port isn't turned off at certain times or for certain parts of the world.

20200210-ss-map.jpg

Today, maybe on 20200220 you'll change. 😃

20200120 all my downloads were in Europe and Asia.

Maybe the buyers are random, based on their needs, not locations on a map that we see after the fact?

On 2/13/2020 at 4:30 AM, siridhata said:

Today really looking like the worst weekday in Feb, right after the best one of the month. It's like SS punish you for having one good day.

Same here... looks like a Saturday for me.  It's Valentine's Day, but getting absolutely no love here or any of the other agencies.  And it's that kind of month as well.  

On 2/13/2020 at 12:53 PM, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

I'm on a 52 consecutive sub-run. 

Can't complain about earning $19.76 but kinda frustrating. 

About me, 32 subs in a row  from monday.  Yes, kinda frustrating , but better than nothing.....

8 hours ago, luca pbl said:

About me, 32 subs in a row  from monday.  Yes, kinda frustrating , but better than nothing.....

Sorry I'm no competition for you professionals, ten is my record longest streak of subs. 😉

My string of no download Saturday goes well back into 2019 but was broken on Feb. 1st. One lonely sub. knocksense.gif

Looking back at 2019 I can see that the download recession is finally at my account. I was pretty steady and level, but by the end of the year, I do see an overall drop, across all months and the total. I think I made $100 less in 2019 than 2018. Mostly because of less OD, SO and others.

Meaning, yes, more subs less other.