The first 3 weeks were atrocious with very low commission sales for video.  Its picked up to normal levels literally overnight last week but that does mean this month is going to end roughly $300 down on my rolling average which will be the worst month for quite some time.

Posted this before but my last 12 months day of week states:

day-downloads.PNG.12eb01da882a2fb2e7b96d[/img]

Fridays arent "dead" but drop off slightly for me.  Thats to be expected as a lot of my sales are to Asia who are roughly 12 - 15 hours ahead of the US/Shutterstock time.

Which means "Friday" on Shutterstock is already into the Saturday weekend where a lot of my sales are so into the weekend as a result.

So *some* day of week variation is to be expected depending on what region you sell most in.  Saturday is the only really global "weekend" which is likely why its quietest for pretty much everyone.

11 hours ago, Forum Mihai said:

Here are my 2019 Week Day average earnings at SS:

image.png.701838b522904d3eb68f5d145f0ee128.png

As we can see, Fridays are even better than Mondays.

for many this would show that Friday's are dead 😉

20 minutes ago, Marbury said:

Thankyou. I see the same pattern over and over, even on a decent week. Just because it doesn't happen for some doesn't make it an untruth for me. 

how does fact that day 6 for many is Friday (including literally for the Portuguese) put any credence to your "Friday=dead" statement?

30 minutes ago, Marbury said:

Thankyou. I see the same pattern over and over, even on a decent week. Just because it doesn't happen for some doesn't make it an untruth for me. 

here this should help: Friday=DEAD

fridays are dead.png

Terrible start to the month but dls have picked up to equal August with one day to go. What has not picked up is the $$$. Nearly all subs this month with 30% of the numer of ODDs of August.

1 hour ago, Heide Pinkall said:

after having 27 days in a row with sales, today is my fourth day in a row without sales... 😞

it's like frozen in...

haha - complaining really seems to help - got three downloads immediately 🙂

I hope the "machine" starts again now 😉

3 hours ago, Whiteaster said:

Not so bad but I am still short on $8 for my payout limit.

I hope your payout is not set for $35. You have a nice port, it ought to generate a lot more than that!

21 minutes ago, Milo J said:

I hope your payout is not set for $35. You have a nice port, it ought to generate a lot more than that!

No, of course not $35.

Thank you. Yes, it generates much more but like for many others here, this month the number of dl-s is acceptable but $ could be better. A video download compensated part of the losses but not enough.

Let's hope for a better October.

Well at least it's not actually the Worst September Ever because that was last year. It is Second Worst September Ever! Maybe I should take this to the celebration thread actually? (Does that still exist?) 🤣

2 hours ago, Saurav022 said:

Thanks, I did manage to cross August earnings by 2 dollars, but still it remains 3rd worst month this year.

You are welcome! Congratulations! It could be better, but any payment is nice. I too got one of worst months here. Like I am in 2012, 2013. :( But ... that is what it is now.