I think everyone should maintain access to a holiday calendar and refer to it when sales are down. There might be a reason ... like right now, it's Labor Day weekend in the US. Many people cut out early from work on Friday and don't return til Tuesday. International sales shouldn't be affected, but (for me) they are low in numbers compared to US sales anyway.

Happy weekend, all!

11 hours ago, Marbury said:

The U.S seems to take more holidays than Judith Chalmers. 

That's funny - used to love that prog. 'wish you were here'.

Have to agree had only 3 DL's so far this Sept - I know I spoke too soon about Aug being good.

ok sales till 16:35 then, in the last 6 hours - only 1 sub. first 3 hours with no sales, then 1 sale, now 2 more dead hours.

no way this isn't manipulated - sales are capped for sure. i see no point in uploading anymore, new stuff doesn't sell at all. it was good while it lasted.

44 minutes ago, D. Pimborough said:

Yes Labor day in the USA

so the whole world isn't buying... it doesn't matter where holidays are, even on xmas and new year i had more sales. i used to have 40+ and now in the last 3 weeks i had only 3 days with more than 20 sales. that's pathetic. engineered. given their it team competence shown on this website, it's just strange how they pulled it off... must be a bug they can't fix. :D

So, summer vacations are over, all holidays are over, it's a working tuesday, but SS is completely dead...

About year and a half ago I have invested a lot into a different shooting gear because sales were constantly raising, and now SS just stabbing all my plans and investments.

Hundreds of my new videos with improved quality are still unnoticeable by buyers thx to new algorithms - they are  still buying only old videos uploaded couple of years ago.

Every next month is worst than previous, real nightmare.

You really do love your contributors SS!

3 hours ago, Zaharia Bogdan Rares said:

Proudly announcing a "huge" achievement: 6 sales in seven days! This is worse than in the first months I started...No Comment at all!

Proudly announcing a "huge" achievement: 5 SUB sales in seven days! This is worse than in the first months I started...

Let's just hope it is server problems which will be solved and then all the unreported sales of the last few days will magically tumble into our accounts.....

....if this is not the case then sales are indeed truly terrible.....

10 hours ago, Angela Waye said:

We need to get use to these kinds of low numbers now guys ... brace for it. I stopped uploading. There is just no incentive anymore.

+1 , Lowest numbers since I started, New uploads just get lost in the mess, really not worth the time anymore. Only thing selling anymore is older files for me. 

September has started on a slow side for me as well but I'm not doing nearly as bad as most of the last commentators in this thread despite the somewhat modest size of my port.

Forgive me for maybe stating the obvious, but, over the fifteen months on SS, I have come to conclude that the number one factor influencing your sales is subject matter of you photographs. Quality, composition etc come afterwards.

I am not inclined to think there is purposeful manipulation involved here that is negatively affecting the results for I cannot figure out a party who would benefit from such manipulation.  I think that, rather, we're all exposed to the elements here that all act "naturally".  Algorithm changes, influx of new contributors and their work, market fluctuations and trends, etc. We're all swimming in these waters and all we can do is decide what our next photograph is going to be.