On 8/14/2017 at 3:03 PM, Stefan Holm said:

Earnings cut in half since last year...bad, bad

I Wish.., I'm at about 1/5 of last year but i'm at almost the same as the first year I started little over 8 years ago, So sad to see what happened to SS over the last few years.

I Wish.., I'm at about 1/5 of last year but i'm at almost the same as the first year I started little over 8 years ago, So sad to see what happened to SS over the last few years.

I would presume that your drone images (excellent by the way) should be in demand for years to come. Perhaps there's a way to license them as commercial instead of editorial to increase its value. 

No sales yet... but then I have less than 20 images up so far. :P

As far as doom and gloom go, kinda down tonight. My friend and I inherited a house and dog from a friend. There were a lot of people who knew this person longer than we did. There were a lot of people who shared more of his interests than we did. He got cancer 5 separate times in 6 years. All but the last two were minor as cancers go. Easily removed, self contained, very susceptible to treatments. Those could be handled locally and we all pitched in giving him rides to his appointments when he let us.

My friend that I inherited the house with, we'll call him Ed. Our friend that passed away, we'll call him Mark. Ed was sober 5 years when they met through me. Mark was almost never sober. 3 months later, Mark stopped drinking. With determination, faith, and Ed's support, he stayed sober through to the end. The second last time Mark got cancer, it was a doosey, bad place, bad type, spreads easily if not handled properly. This required several trips out of state, with a week long stay most times. Ed and I were the only ones who offered to take him. Ed has flexibility with his time, as far as income is concerned, though it's not much of an income. Mark was on disability, and did not drive, or even own a vehicle. I have very limited vacation. I ended up taking several weeks of 'no pay no consequence' which is essentially a short term leave of absence, over the course of almost 2 years. Mark was in tears one day when he figured out how much it cost me just not going to work, much less what I paid towards the three of us staying near the medical facilities. I honestly hadn't thought about it. The cancerous tumor was removed successfully, and Mark was in remission for nearly 6 months. Then he started getting tired all the time, and complained of various 'weird' pains. When he went in for his 6 month, they discovered numerous tumors, the largest of which pushing his heart against his chest wall. *deep breath* Mark passed away just weeks later. Mother's day 2016. Many of his other friends avoided him the last few weeks. It's hard to watch someone die. No one knew he had a will but myself. No one was happy with what it said. Including Ed. Ed got the house and dog. I was to help him with the details. Mark had a list on the side that was NOT legally binding. Things he wanted people to have IF they were decent to Ed about it.

We did our best to clear his debt, and his name. We did our best to do what Mark asked of us.

Suffice it to say, things went bad fast. There were a couple people that were decent. Most were vile.

Recently I found out that the few that were decent are upset that we are trying to FIX the house. They hadn't come around in a while, and I wondered about it, but people get busy, and our only connection was Mark. Never thought they were upset with us. And of all things, for trying to fix what Mark had wanted to fix but couldn't afford. They don't like that we changed the dogs' food, and how she gets fed (she wouldn't eat for a while when Mark passed, so we tried a few strategies and found one that worked.) Did they really think we could just preserve the place like a shrine? The basement leaked because the yard was sloped toward the house, and the footing went bad in one corner. The windows were ORIGINAL 1881 wood windows with single pane glass, no storms, and NEEDED to be replaced. The siding is slate and needs to come off because a lot of it is broken, and is costing us a fortune in insurance.  They won't ask us anything, just jabber jabber jabber to everyone else about how "oh I had a dream last night, Mark isn't happy about his house" jabber jabber jabber.  *sigh*

Not even that upset, more disappointed really. I thought they were better than that. And me being who I am, I feel like I did something wrong, but I don't think I did.

:huh:Don'tcha think that if Mark was so upset about his house, the ones taking care of it would be getting dreams? Not the ones gossiping about things they don't know?

K. I'll shut up now.

7 hours ago, Pamela Walsh said:

:huh:Don'tcha think that if Mark was so upset about his house, the ones taking care of it would be getting dreams? Not the ones gossiping about things they don't know?

Pamela, you sound like a kind, generous and thoughtful person.   Things have a way of working out, so I would just ignore the naysayers and enjoy the house.  Congratulations on your inheritance!

29 minutes ago, David Litman said:

Pamela, you sound like a kind, generous and thoughtful person.   Things have a way of working out, so I would just ignore the naysayers and enjoy the house.  Congratulations on your inheritance!

Thanks, yeah, I'll get over it. The house has been more of a burden than a blessing, but the dog is all blessing :)

You're both right!  It means either........

bi·month·ly
ˌbīˈmənTHlē/
adjective

1. 1.
    occurring or produced twice a month or every two months.
    "a bimonthly newsletter"
adverb

1. 1.
    twice a month or every two months.
    "the magazine appears bimonthly"

1 hour ago, David Litman said:

You're both right!  It means either........

bi·month·ly
ˌbīˈmənTHlē/
adjective

1. 1.
    occurring or produced twice a month or every two months.
    "a bimonthly newsletter"
adverb

1. 1.
    twice a month or every two months.
    "the magazine appears bimonthly"

Thanks David, I knew I hadn't got it totally wrong. Having said that I am happy to report a video sale just come in that might pull me through.

On 8/17/2017 at 2:24 PM, Steve Collender said:

Same here, hardly seems worth the effort anymore.

my new content is not selling good now.., and of course sales are decreasing.,

i think freep*k is ruin the microstock industry, thats why our sales are decrease very fast..,  slowly their site is growing., and now freep*k rank is 293 (global rank)., and SS is 292 (global rank)

i think SS should change the business model..,

29 minutes ago, iwanara said:

my new content is not selling good now.., and of course sales are decreasing.,

i think freep*k is ruin the microstock industry, thats why our sales are decrease very fast..,  slowly their site is growing., and now freep*k rank is 293 (global rank)., and SS is 292 (global rank)

i think SS should change the business model..,

When I go to that site, it takes me right back to SS. If I want one of the images, I have to buy it through SS. So how is that site taking sales away from us?

1 minute ago, Perry Correll said:

When I go to that site, it takes me right back to SS. If I want one of the images, I have to buy it through SS. So how is that site taking sales away from us?

There are other sites like this on p3x3ls.com (replace 3 with e)

from their license page:

• The pictures are free for personal and even for commercial use.
  • You can modify, copy and distribute the photos.
  • All without asking for permission or setting a link to the source. So, attribution is not required.

3 hours ago, Perry Correll said:

believe or not.., instead of buying, some people like to download free images/ vector/ video.,

Because there are other options besides SS, It can be concluded that the portion of our "pie" has been partially reduced