1 hour ago, Marbury said:

Absolutely NO SALES all weekend. :angry:

No longer bothering to upload. No point.

I have add about 250 4k and 1080 videos last year - I had 0 return from it, like it never existed, all video sales I have are from older videos added before all this algorithm experiments.
New video sales normaly on any site except SS
This month I have 1/3 of my usual sales of this year (which were already edited by SS and converted to fixed payment, it was too obvious), it's just catastrophic.

Do you think I have a motivation to run all the day with my 4k camera, photo camera, tripod, dron and plenty of stuff and shoot and post all this photo/video stuff  to HAVE NOTHING IN RETURN? To have falling down sales curve after all this years it was constantly rising!!!!

We decide to remove a fair competition and put you on the fix, and after we start to cut it every month, we kill a fully working and comfortable layout and transform it to horribly and highly fiddly layout despite all the critics, so you don't have all needed info and you have to spend 2x times more to make the same things as before. Our support is deaf, our ftp is half dead.
In return we decided to post few times a day some useless posts about new post techniques and buying new stuff to make your work better, like if you had enough of revenue from our site.

Motivating isn't it ?

Just awful. Unsustainable. 50% down. One decent day all month. Just one. And no response from SS.

Is there a glitch? Is a server on the blink? Is there some new whizzy tekkie thing which is doing something strange?

This is not normal, and neither is it sustainable cost wise. SS - please check it out.

Otherwise only absolute hobbyists need apply......

:(

Update aka whinge cont.

5dls on 4000 pics.

I used to reckon (not THAT long ago) on nearly 30 per week day; then it went down to 20. Now It's a good day if I scrape double figures.

:(

Truly pathetic indeed.

But why, when I click on one of my (few) sold images, does the page come up in French on Shutterstock.fr? I am in Italy. All my main pages are set to English.

In French, they offer me the opportunity to set up an account (with a link to set up a buyer account) but also the option to become a contributor, which I clearly already am. Something is odd.

I fear they are tinkering with geographical search or something.....great if you are US maybe.....

But something significant has changed which has only affected some of us.

Marbury, Nada B - where are you?

1 hour ago, Sarah2 said:

Truly pathetic indeed.

But why, when I click on one of my (few) sold images, does the page come up in French on Shutterstock.fr? I am in Italy. All my main pages are set to English.

In French, they offer me the opportunity to set up an account (with a link to set up a buyer account) but also the option to become a contributor, which I clearly already am. Something is odd.

I fear they are tinkering with geographical search or something.....great if you are US maybe.....

But something significant has changed which has only affected some of us.

Marbury, Nada B - where are you?

Serbia.

Just wonder if it is a Europe thing...... If you click on a sold photo in your earnings, does it take you to a French site? Or UK? Or Serbia?

Though I recognize that even if we understand, it changes nothing......!

8 hours ago, Marbury said:

Something horiible happened in July 2017. An absolutle over a cliff shock with ALL my stock sites. If this is the future I'm sunk for sure as only barley surviving on my current income.

Good luck. Wish I could say more!  :( Other sites are not good for me but tick over, so far, thank goodness. Really pleased I didn't ditch one or two of them in fit of pique! Like you, the income is not just for an extra lens or so. Here's hoping..... Fingers crossed and all that.......

Not complaining anymore as there is no point.... it is what it is. ...

however today sales are much below normal numbers.... maybe related to summer holidays?... who knows.

But whatever it is, i dont care anymore.