Buyers site wasn't down today - nothing on SS facebook or anything else.  Just contrib this morning (seems fixed).

Never heard of St Mary day.  It can't be a big holiday anywhere so cant see that having an effect worldwide.

July was awful, the month isn't great earnings.  Download numbers are up but its smaller licence stuff generally.  What is nice is new is selling.  Thats something not seen for over a year.  Hopefully it'll last until i clear my 1200 image remaining backlog!

1 hour ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

Never heard of St Mary day.  It can't be a big holiday anywhere

Over 44 countries celebrate the Feast of the Assumption of Mary on 15th August. Holiday for the Catholic Church, Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy, as well as parts of Anglicanism. Also all ladies named Mary are celebrating their name day, I think it is big enough.

11 hours ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

Not a public holiday in the main parts of the world that buy and share photos so not really an issue.

Only major holidays that close large chunks of the world affect it like Christmas, Easter and to an extent the american July 4th thing etc.

It doesn't matter any more but it is/was: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assumption_of_Mary#Public_holidays

I'll tell you a secret, the world does not revolve just around the US.

1 hour ago, Whiteaster said:

It doesn't matter any more but it is/was: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assumption_of_Mary#Public_holidays

I'll tell you a secret, the world does not revolve just around the US.

I'm well aware of that not living or working in or anywhere near the US.

As that link shows, its a holiday in a small number of countries that provides very few sales hence no effect at all.

For the first 15 days of August, seven have been zero download days.  A total of 18 downloads for the month so far, on a portfolio of nearly 1,700 images.  And if you think that's bad, on the "numbers" micro stock site, I've had zero downloads for the entire month.  For individual photographers, this business model is dead.    

7 minutes ago, Kevin M. McCarthy said:

For the first 15 days of August, seven have been zero download days.  A total of 18 downloads for the month so far, on a portfolio of nearly 1,700 images.  And if you think that's bad, on the "numbers" micro stock site, I've had zero downloads for the entire month.  For individual photographers, this business model is dead.    

Wish we could go Back to the Future...

stock-photo-matthews-nc-september-a-delorean-dmc-sports-car-on-display-at-the-matthews-710119663.jpg