Barry Blackburn

Doom & Gloom 2

2,939 posts in this topic

From 50-70-100 dollars a month to 2-3 dollars a month!! I don't know what happened these last months!

On top of that they reject for releases pretty much everything...

I am losing hope here, this is not a friendly stock photo agency anymore.  As soon as I put my photos on alamy, I will  this irational place, this place where nobody gives a damn... :(

They do not need pictures like these, that can sell hundreds of times... No,  they need pencils on white, motherboards on white etc I

IMG_7594 Girl on streets of Venice bbbb.jpg

46 minutes ago, Soare Cecilia Corina said:

They do not need pictures like these, that can sell hundreds of times... No,  they need pencils on white, motherboards on white etc I

You have some beautiful work, but a lot really isn't stock - primarily to sell a product. Art is another game.....

October was best month of the year previous year for me, this year on track to worst month of the year... If they don`t change something i will delete my best images and will put them for RM, i start uploading only crap here... And actually our sales can be downloaded for free with one chrome extension this is from months and SS team don`t give a f..k for that. This site is going on the way of IS, bottom is near... 

2 hours ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

Im guessing that needs a model and a property release.

I do have a model release. Property I do not understand why because it's on the street, public canal, little bridge in Venice.

The same with many of my photos... I usually like to shoot in public spaces, where one can shoot comercial not only editorial. But for reviewers here does not matter. And we cannot contact them to explain more...

5 hours ago, Algol said:

That's gorgeous! And fantastic for book covers etc.

Thank you :-)

These kind of photos do sell, 1 photo can sell hundreds of copies. It's more artistic yes , but they are in high demand.

very weak sales ... really really slow. Very unusual for this time of the year

and i have noticed another weird thing: i have uploaded 3 images of a pumpkin soup (uploaded in 3 different days) ... all accepted and showing in my port. BUT, when i search it with the keywords 'pumpkin soup' my images do not appear in the main database.... other images, accepted after mine, are appearing, mine - not ...

i am sure, they wil appear some day, but they will be burried under other images and will never be found ... without a doubt. What shall i do? delete and reupload them? ... it is not permitted i guess...

the point is that there is nothing to be surprised about if new images do not sell .. they simply do not apper in the search. ... i have recently uploaded quite a few images, and not even one them has ever been sold since then ... NOT EVEN ONCE

2 hours ago, kuvona said:

they simply do not apper in the search. ... 

If the new search algorithm is done by the same person who did "genius" ugly and highly awkward layout and broke video sales previews for more than a year(pro style!), deleted manual ftp processing etc - I am realy not surprised at all.

They supposed to do our work easier, but they do all to make it harder...

2 hours ago, symbiot said:
4 hours ago, kuvona said:

they simply do not apper in the search. ... 

If the new search algorithm is done by the same person who did "genius" ugly and highly awkward layout and broke video sales previews for more than a year(pro style!), deleted manual ftp processing etc - I am realy not surprised at all.

from everything i see at this site, ss has by far the worst IT support in the business. glassdoor reviews are an eye opener. for years they send multiple submission status emails - probably a 5 min fix. for a year they are unable to add footage sales to the front page map - and also little photos are bugged, they show in wrong aspect ratio. new images show up and disappear. i said many times this place is run like a elementary school project. great display of incompetence.

On 17/10/2017 at 8:29 AM, Soare Cecilia Corina said:

From 50-70-100 dollars a month to 2-3 dollars a month!! I don't know what happened these last months!

On top of that they reject for releases pretty much everything...

I am losing hope here, this is not a friendly stock photo agency anymore.  As soon as I put my photos on alamy, I will  this irational place, this place where nobody gives a damn... :(

IMG_7594 Girl on streets of Venice bbbb.jpg

Don’t think the grass is greener with Alamy. My experience with them is hugely underwhelmed. 

1 hour ago, Marbury said:

Don’t think the grass is greener with Alamy. My experience with them is hugely underwhelmed. 

Strangely enough my sales at A crashed at exactly the same time (April 2013) as they did here.... nowhere else, just those two sites and never recovered.