Sign in to follow this  
bananna

This is ridiculosus.

The images made on studio are accepted, but no one buy them, because it is steril, stocky without a story. The pictures made in a real enviroment are rejected because light, composition and !!! limited commercial value. The images from really extreme place, like a surgery in a hospital, when I with camera were desinfected in three stages, my manager organized hundreds of papers to get in! The lense valued 3600$, with extreme narrow focus field, for precise focus on subject and nothing to recognize behind it. Byers want this images, look at my ballet collections from backstages, iso 3200, noise, dark, but it is pure and sells good. Many times resubmited and very sucessful now.

Please, think about it and find a way to resolve it. Stock photography should grow in it's value, but only sharpness, saturated colors and dumb smiles will not provide it.

My last rejection list:

Screenshot%202015-02-22%2020.06.05.jpg

Welcome to the club... I have already written email to the contributor support, no response so far. Many images get rejected randomly with many reasons, none of which is justified. I used to have noise rejections with my Nikon D80 some years ago. Yes, those images had noise even with ISO 100. Shutterstock was right. Now I have Nikon D810. I shoot ISO 100, images tack sharp, no noise. I have rejections: noise, out of focus, etc. with every single image. Another batch with similar images is 100% accepted. Is Shutterstock right? No. I may have few images OOF, some even with poor composition. But whole batch where every image has 3 beginner-rated photographer issues? Come on... I takes time to process images, create them...

I have a lot of garbage aproved but interesting photos that sell well on other sites but are not technically perfect rejected.

It's stupid to continue admitting apples on white and would reject surgery photos. So there are places where photos are sold with noise or soft focus 100 dollars but what matters is the soul photo

Then shutter want candid shots ... that look real ....reality is not perfect

The LCV rejection was done away with dam near two years ago????

Maybe but it could easily still happen by them just picking other random criteria to reject

It looks like the OP here was the victim of the usual reviewing stunt - look at the first image, not like it and reject with several reasons then apply the same reasons to most or all of the batch without bothering to even examine them.

After a large batch rejection last week i resubmitted the whole batch, no changes (naughty naughty etc etc) and it has ALL been accepted.

Yes this shouldn't be done BUT with the rogue reviewers going berserk i really don't see a viable alternative. We're not talking about a very rare event here - its happens maybe 1/3 of the time and other contributers with far bigger and better profiles than me are also getting the same problems.

ftp.JPG

THIS is the one reason the arbitrary batch rejects annoy me - i can upload at best 6 or 7 pictures an HOUR so when i waste literally 20 hours uploading to get them all rejected without checking and have to do it all again (and use all my bandwidth credit) it gets very very frustrating. And it only happens here.