Sign in to follow this  
Gelner Tivadar

Lost keywords in approved photos

In my portfolio i have noticed , many images with lost keywords. For example i added 40 keywords in the submit, and now SS show only 20 keywords in the costumer site. Not in all images, and it's totally random. Anybody else noticed this issue? This is very frustrating, I and many contributor (and SS too) lose sales from this kind of issue... So please check it!

Sorry for my bad english!

Hi,

It depends on the image and the keywords. Keywords could be deleted because they are redundant or because they are unrelated to the image. Without a example we cannot tell you for sure what happened.

Vincent

Thanks for the answer Vincent!

So here is one example:

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-225977932/stock-photo-bakin-ingredients.html?src=9sPZlBd39kqvaC2VR9Dqrg-1-98&ws=1

The missing keywords are these:

egg; rolling pin; kitchen; food; cooking; egg-beater;background; baking ingredients; homemade; sprinkled; hobby; tasty; preparation

I think from this keywords are most of them is very accurated, for example : egg, cooking,eggbeater,baking ingredients etc...

I'm sure i added these keywords, because i upload to multiply stock agencies, and from that reason, every image i add keywords to the images metadata, and SS reading it in the submit procedure, and the numbers of keywords are always matching.

Yesterday i add the lost keywords again, the site write: it takes several hours to the changes take effect on SS site , now it's more than 24 hour. If you see the lost keywords maybe the changes has been completed, than let me know and i search another example.

I hope you can check what is the problem.

Thanks in advance, and Best Regards!

Sorry for my bad english, again :) !

When you entered those keywords, did you get a message that some (other) keywords had been automatically removed for redundancy?

If so, you may have had a bug and my advise is to manually remove the keywords that are said to have been automatically removed, then add the new keywords.

Let me know if that worked. Sorry for any inconvenience

Vincent

Shutterstock

Now i made the submit the way you wrote, Vincent. I hope that works.

Anyway it's very hard to find images wich has lost keywords, and much harder to find it in the "approved photos" section, to solve this issue to manually in every image to one by one is almost impossible.

So my question is: could the site refresh keywords from metadata? Maybe i can search the lost keywording images by ID so the site shouldn't be update the whole portfolio, only images that have issues. That should be a great help.

Thanks in advance!

Are you sure? I just checked and the keywords are now:

activity, background, bake, bakery, baking ingredients, baking shape, biscuit, bread, cake, cookie, cooking, cutter, domestic, egg, eggbeater, flour, food, gastronomy, gateau, hobby, holiday, homemade, horizontal, ingredients, kitchen, leisure, pastry board, preparation, rolling pin, sprinkled, sweet, table, taste, tasty, text, white, wood

Give it some more time, maybe not all servers are synced.

Vincent

I am facing with missing keywords issue, does anybody else have the same problem?! No wonder that my earnings decreased when half of my images are missing keywords! 

What should I do, I have many images with this problem?!

post-1371972-0-71731700-1485974353_thumb.jpg

I am facing with missing keywords issue, does anybody else have the same problem?! 

I have. Checked out right now, sometimes just ONE visible keyword instead of at least seven. What's going on??? If am trying to edit such images, I can see all my keywords on place.

Seriously.... I checked my work and many many of it has only 1 or 2 keywords! And I'm guessing WHY I DO NOT HAVE SALES as I used to???? 

So, how you, Shutterstock team could explain that half of my images are missing main and most important keywords? It looks like it was deleted manually leaving only 1-3 keywords only (not always most relevant to subject) ????

Here are some examples: Fall panoramic landscape has only one keyword - "panoramic", so how this image could be found by clients as "landscape" or "fall" if it has only one keyword "panoramic" ??? 

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/panoramic-autumn-landscape-country-path-fall-516933076?src=A0fAD2thLw88Yzv3G_YRsA-1-80

And I have half of my portfolio with the same problem...

When it will stop and work properly?

Could you at least explain us what is happening?

Are this keywords lost forever and it's a new change or it's again some kind of bug? 

Seems to go throughout many portfolios. Here's one of my examples:

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/wooden-rolling-pin-isolated-on-white-45028267?src=D7Ly5ssXQloEAbLa6vdxJg-1-16

Only two keywords on customer site left are "rolling" and "pin", on the editing page I have 11.

A lot of my formerly best selling images and vectors have only 4 or 5 keywords of usually 20 or more left.

That explains why my earnings have gone down by a third in the last months.

And how are customers expected to find the right images this way?

Take a look at any image that has not sold. It should show all its keywords with a "see all" at the end. The keywords shown for any image that has sold are the same ones you see in the "beta" Image Gallery stats as the keywords used to buy that image.

This has to be a bug not a feature.

If I search for images using keywords that I know it has (but are not shown), my images do appear in results and have the same (ish) position as they did before this bug showed up.

However, it's most inconvenient for buyers to see only a handful of keywords that they could use to launch a related search, so I hope Shutterstock will fix this feature/bug