Sign in to follow this  
stevemart

For a minute, I thought I was somewhere else........

This might be the Everett Collection. Entertainment and historical images. Maybe they have an agreement with SS.
????

I mean if it's the Everett Collection, maybe they're using SS as another sales outlet, and SS gave them a special dispensation. They sell on AllPosters.com, so maybe they wanted to sell here too, and SS is letting them.

This might be the Everett Collection. Entertainment and historical images. Maybe they have an agreement with SS.

I checked the Everett Collection on the web. They have their own stock, art, and entertainment links. I'm trying to figure out why they would be listed here under a single individual's name who claims to be an illustrator.

Curious.

I checked the Everett Collection on the web. They have their own stock, art, and entertainment links. I'm trying to figure out why they would be listed here under a single individual's name who claims to be an illustrator.

Curious.

I don't think it's meant to be under an individual's name. It's a one-size-fits all format, that's all. I mean obviously they aren't a vector artist. It has me as a vector artist too, and I've never made a vector in my life.

Curious.

I don't think it's meant to be under an individual's name. It's a one-size-fits all format, that's all. I mean obviously they aren't a vector artist. It has me as a vector artist too, and I've never made a vector in my life.

So they are better then everyone else and don't have to abide by the contributor TOS?

I don't think so!

http://submit.shutterstock.com/guidelines.mhtml

This has got to be the Biggest heist of The great masters I have ever seen. To sell there work for 38 cents....I dont care what size they are It is a crime. I have 155 Books of the greatest works of art of all time. Does this mean I can use my special lens and a copy stand and photograph them and sell Them OK? This is setting a president That will Kill any and all Copyright Laws on the books.I am ashamed SS is good with this. And it Brings down My respect for this business to a HACK mentality.

This submitter is not a Illustrator / Vector Artist By any stretch of the IMAGINATION.

THIS IS THE MOST DEPRESSING THREAD I'VE EVER SEEN.

The images are so small in size they probably fall foul of the new minimum file size rules too.

I'm not seeing that. All the images I've seen until now appear to be >6 Mp. Not really big enough for posters but they wouldn't be allowed anyway under the SS RF licence. Maybe that's the reason I can't find AISA-Everett on FT who do allow POD's from their RF.

AISA-Everett is a poster(POD) club after all.

The bottom Line for me as a painter and us as Original Image makers is. If the contributor Has a special deal and can sell others work under a special SS license because of something or some deal then God Bless the guy or company. If SS is good with this... then, I can't see why I can't do the same. I have one book in particular that costs a fortune and was a gift from my wife that is 2 1/2 In thick and 14 x 16 of every Van Gogh Piece he did after leaving Amsterdam. And If this is cool, Can I then Photograph every page and sell them Commercially? on SS. Maybe SS not having a POD option is fine But...Lets be real, People are gonna print them and Buy them for a sub or OD. I have NOTHING against the submitter whatsoever. Im just waiting for clarification on this which I still find remarkable and...If this person or company can do this?? we should be able to also, Not that I would. lets wait for clarification on the age old rule of what you submit must be your own work thing.

If so, I'll Buy a sub Package and get all the good artists work here and resell It starting with Allison..lol Just Kidding Allison.

Where and how does this start and where does it end.

Hi everyone,

As has been noted, we allowed public domain submissions at one time, as there are no copyright restrictions to licensing such content. However, we no longer accept public domain content as it became an impractical part of our review process to research all such content for copyright issues.

We do still have public domain content available for licensing which was submitted prior to our policy change, as we believe this content does not pose any copyright concerns.

Additionally, we may accept public domain content from agencies and other entities we believe have adequately screened the content for copyright issues. Again, given the impracticability of being able to review public domain content for copyright issues ourselves, we only accept public domain content from agencies or entities who are able to clear the rights to the content, and who provide us with certain protections related to licensing the content.

This particular account is part of the Everett Collection

We hope this answers your questions.

Vincent

Shutterstock